Shadowman Likes Cool Touches

H

HHGT

The autoblog relates this write up to a fellow in Canada by the name of Revai. If my memory serves me correctly, he is the same guy (Andrew) that sold us the custom floor mats here on the forum last year. My aggravation with that transaction is that I subsequently received a bill from the shipper (UPS, I think) for an additional $50 which was for export fees (obviously being shipped from Canada). After chasing Andrew for many days, he agreed to refund me for the export fee.

Later, I found out that export fees are assessed when you use a business address instead of a home address (obviously I don't want anyone to know where the GTs are parked). Sooooo, if this is the same guy and the same export fees apply, you may want to consider using a friend or family address.

Aug 25, 2006
The autoblog relates this write up to a fellow in Canada by the name of Revai. If my memory serves me correctly, he is the same guy (Andrew) that sold us the custom floor mats here on the forum last year. My aggravation with that transaction is that I subsequently received a bill from the shipper (UPS, I think) for an additional $50 which was for export fees (obviously being shipped from Canada). After chasing Andrew for many days, he agreed to refund me for the export fee.

Later, I found out that export fees are assessed when you use a business address instead of a home address (obviously I don't want anyone to know where the GTs are parked). Sooooo, if this is the same guy and the same export fees apply, you may want to consider using a friend or family address.

Thank you for the insight based on days gone past

I do not know what took place in the past; certainly I could dig into it however since I have remained involved only with this project because I felt/feel that it is both very cool and compliments our gals.

With this having been shared not only did I initiate the thread, I was also able to get the GTX-1 specific units in the mix and then and even more importantly I encouraged others to follow my lead as such I will remain involved throughout the process.

If "ever" there is an issue promptly let me know and I will take the proverbial ball and run with it until resolved.

I do not anticipate any problems or concerns however I remain ready for any that crop up.

All the best

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
As I posted, recvd. mine, it is great! Thank you Shadow!

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
**** No Worries ****

The initial 50 sets will be completed later in this upcoming week and then they will be promptly shipped at which time tracking numbers will be forwarded as well.

Please rest easy as I am diligently monitoring the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

I guess we owe you another round of thanks for babysitting this project. I hope mine is in the first run of 50.:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
*** UPDATE ***

I have seen the "Proof of Life" as such very soon there will be many very happy folks.

The systems are in the final stage as they are soon to be placed in the cool containers and heading to thier owner's. The target date for shipping is Friday.

I also asked about concerns for any possible secondary "Duties" or ?? after the fact and I was assured that this will not happen.

Takes care

Shadowman

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've come late to this one - could someone pick up one of these for me?

I can do the cash thing if you come to the UK or transfer US$.

Thanks

Neil

Aug 25, 2006

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil

I will gladly do this for you

Send me a PM when time permits

Takes care

Shadowman

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Thanks

Neil

I'll be glad to cover you Neil. You can buy me dinner with British pounds in July when I visit as my US dollars probably won't buy a decent cheese burger! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
Have Shadowman PM me the info and I'll take care of it! :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Excellent - thanks David and Shadow... that's really most kind.

Look forward to seeing you in July...

Neil

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I was shocked to see that I hadn't been on the Forum since March 25. Who knows how much I've missed?!

This is most cool. Just ordered 2 sets.

Many thanks, Bill!

Aug 25, 2006
**** UPDATE ****

I was just informed that personal notices are going out letting folks know that their care packages are soon to leave "Processing Central"

Takes care

Shadowman

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Got an email from Andrew Revai advising that the key kits are in production and they'll provide status updates and expected shipping dates.

I hope I don't have to wait too long! :tap:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That name sounds familiar.

Ah, the maker of mats.

Aug 25, 2006
That name sounds familiar.

Ah, the maker of mats.

Huuum.... interesting comment

It was not until after the fact that was aware that he had worked with others in the past; hopefully the experiences were by and large good.

I know of the one person that shared his frustration with the need to pay duties/taxes after the fact and I addressed this. I was told that the value of these systems will cause no such issues.

What I can share is that I have remained associated with this particular project for many months; in fact the original goal was to have these available prior to last Christmas however the designs as presented at that time were IMO less than stellar. It was only after I received this latest version to review that I felt comfortable sharing it.

I reiterate that I have no financial interest in this project; only emotional however will remain involved until all have received and enjoyed their very cool pieces.

Takes care

Shadowman

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Thanks Shadowman. Received a nice follow up email from Andrew. He advised me that the next batch will be shipped out in 10 - 12 days and he'll keep me updated.

Yippee! :thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I heard there was a problem shipping them to the Islands. They need to be brought in by a GT owner from the mainland. I will be glad to help you with the delivery. Please contact me to make arrangements for my transportation. I will require a GV.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Huuum.... interesting comment

Takes care

Shadowman

Oh, just meant to be a realization - like, where did I hear that name before - oh yeah, he made the mats or had the mats made. I love my mats. I think he did a nice job and they came out really nice. I didn't have any import tax issues.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I heard there was a problem shipping them to the Islands. They need to be brought in by a GT owner from the mainland. I will be glad to help you with the delivery. Please contact me to make arrangements for my transportation. I will require a GV.

No problem, Awsum. Please bring B door hinges with you at the same time.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Got em eh

Pays to be Canadian living pretty well down the street from Andrew. Just picked up my 2 sets and they are truly a work of art! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Get them while they're still available - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks Shadowman and Andrew and hope to see you in Vegas.

Terry

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
wow I should check in more often. Thanks a bunch for the link Shadowman.

just ordered