Shadowman Finally Caps and Handle Befitting of the FGT

Aug 25, 2006
The final version of the custom FGT specific CNC'd and engraved billet aluminum coolant and oil dry sump tank caps have been completed as well as the matching CNC'd and engraved billet aluminum dip stick handle.

The first two pictures are of the initial run of caps fabricated simply to verify fit and design

The third picture shows the attention to detail on the underside; FYI the underside is completely machined so as to match perfectly the exterior of the OEM caps.

The last two pictures are of the final version as installed today; we reduced the tooling diameter for the engraving process so as to have a greater level of detail whether they are polished, left natural machined finish, as well as painted within the engraved areas. In this case these were polished to match the polished tanks and then painted with colors to match those as used on the Ford Racing coil covers.

The coolant caps are designed to snap over the OEM cap as they have been fully machined and indexed perfectly and there is a slight machined lip on them that allows the OEM cap to literally snap into place. The dry sump tank cap fits perfectly over the OEM cap and then is secured from the underside with two small set screws. There is no visible securing hardware and that which is used on the underside is in a NO risk area. The dipstick handles are fixed to the OEM dipstick with the OEM roll pin; meaning that the OEM roll pin is simply removed from the OEM dipstick assembly thus allowing the OEM handle to be removed and then the new billet aluminum handle installs on the actual measuring stick as if OEM.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• OIL CAP 007.jpg
    OIL CAP 007.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,445
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,438
  • OIL CAP 002.jpg
    OIL CAP 002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,443
  • DSC05917.JPG
    DSC05917.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,447
  • DSC05914.JPG
    DSC05914.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,446
Should I call Chris or will you

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I would like a set. Would want the fully polished set like on the last pictures installed on your car. Can you change the "supercharger" coolant one to TURBO coolant??

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Beautiful!

Just two questions....how much and how soon?

Aug 25, 2006
Should I call Chris or will you

LOL

I already sent him an email knowing full well that if I did not he would be banging on my door

All the best my friend and Happy Holidays

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
They will be ready to ship next week; the only variable is as to whether they are to be polished or machined finish.

If interested kick me a PM and I will fill in the blanks

BTW I already have a few folks that have asked for them and the initial run was only 10 sets however I will gladly place more in the "Q"

Now as for special engraving; initially I would say no however if you PM me I will see what can be done

Thank you for the nice feed-back

All the best

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
THOSE ARE JUST PLAIN STUNNING.:eek

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
genius :thumbsup

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
I would be interested in a set polished. How Much? Thanks

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
here we go again!!....whats the cost?

Also maybe I missed it before but how did you end up dealing with the tanks themselves....polishing? or coating? looks awesome......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Me to please, polished plus one that reads "M" :)

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
+1 please

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Is that a custom valve cover as well, or just a plate on the valve cover?

I'm interested in a full set as well.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Is that a custom valve cover as well, or just a plate on the valve cover?

I'm interested in a full set as well.

That's the Ford Racing spark plug cover from Ford aftermarket.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6756

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm interested in a set of polished.

Thanks,

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the kind words and the interest

Certainly this makes me smile as I too feel that they came out stunning

I am doing my best to respond to all on a personal basis as such I ask please send me a PM and I will work with each and every one of you.

Initially we completed a run of 10 sets however another run is being setup at this time so that all will be able to receive a set.

********* HERE is the question of the day ********

We are considering doing the next batch with one of the coolant caps that states "Intercooler Coolant" so that both the supercharged and Turbo gals can be included; I like this however welcome your opinion.

It would be difficult to offer custom engraving because the engraving process on the CNC takes nearly as long as producing the cap because we are using a .040 cutting tool as such the process requires 3 to 4 passes on each and every cap and dip stick handle.

The other option for some will be a plain set; meaning no engraving which we will be producing a few sets.

Thank you again

Shadowman

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Please add my name to the list wanting a polished set. I prefer Supercharger over Intercooler, but that's not a critical issue for me.

Thanks!

Joe

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Shadowman,

I also prefer the Supercharger Coolant logo in red as your pictures show. I'm not sure I'd like breaking Inter-cooler into two words like you did Super-charger.

I don't believe INTER COOLER COOLANT would be as eye appealing as SUPER CHARGER COOLANT. Just my 2 cents.

I think these caps are magnificent and will really accentuate the engine compartment.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the feed-back

As such I will keep them with "SuperCharger Coolant"

I will however produce a limited number of plain sets; meaning no engraving as well.

Thank you all again

Takes care

Shadowman

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The final version of the custom FGT specific CNC'd and engraved billet aluminum coolant and oil dry sump tank caps have been completed as well as the matching CNC'd and engraved billet aluminum dip stick handle.

The first two pictures are of the initial run of caps fabricated simply to verify fit and design

The third picture shows the attention to detail on the underside; FYI the underside is completely machined so as to match perfectly the exterior of the OEM caps.

The last two pictures are of the final version as installed today; we reduced the tooling diameter for the engraving process so as to have a greater level of detail whether they are polished, left natural machined finish, as well as painted within the engraved areas. In this case these were polished to match the polished tanks and then painted with colors to match those as used on the Ford Racing coil covers.

The coolant caps are designed to snap over the OEM cap as they have been fully machined and indexed perfectly and there is a slight machined lip on them that allows the OEM cap to literally snap into place. The dry sump tank cap fits perfectly over the OEM cap and then is secured from the underside with two small set screws. There is no visible securing hardware and that which is used on the underside is in a NO risk area. The dipstick handles are fixed to the OEM dipstick with the OEM roll pin; meaning that the OEM roll pin is simply removed from the OEM dipstick assembly thus allowing the OEM handle to be removed and then the new billet aluminum handle installs on the actual measuring stick as if OEM.

Takes care

Shadowman

Beautiful work Bill !!!