Shadowman Finally Caps and Handle Befitting of the FGT

Aug 25, 2006
**** Another Update ****

With a bit more eye candy

First of all I should share the obvious; I maybe the Puppet Master for this project however I am far from the only person involved.

The idea was initially presented to me by a retired machinist aka Stan that I had the opportunity to meet and even massage his gal. It was the result of this relationship that this project was born. Now having shared this the additional folks behind the scenes that were key to the programming and operation of the CNC machines, the polisher, and then back to Stan to be cleaned and hand painting before his sweetie Carolyn could organize and box the pieces up before I finally receive them ready to be forwarded all over the world.

Stan is truly a great man and we are both anal to a fault as such the process was at times arduous. Initially we had a dozen or so sets made and then decided that the letters were too wide, not deep enough, the spacing needed to be altered, yadayada and at the same time we also had concerns about the finish once polished as such the full initial run were handed over to the polisher for the sole purpose of seeing if in the end we would be happy with the results.

Once we felt that all of the personal tweaks were tended to then what we consider to be first run pieces were CNC'd, polished (which this caused another issue because the depth of the lettering had been increased and they were narrower as such the secondary cleanup work required to get all of the polishing compounds removed prior to painting them was nearly a deal breaker) and lastly most of them had to be hand painted then boxed and then as of today shipped; they are in fact with FedEx at this time.

Now add to all of this we are very aware that the Ford GT and the Ford Mustang share some of these pieces however I made it clear today that I have no interest and will not sell these to Ford Mustang owners because IMO these were designed for and befitting of the Ford GT. Certainly the Ford Mustang is a cool car however there are a litany of caps already available for them; in fact these have been used by many for the Ford GT because there was no other option.

I shared with Stan that if it came down to it I would rather sell only a few sets exclusively for the Ford GT even if they had to be ultimately priced higher when compared to simply selling a gross of caps.

We hope that you enjoy the pieces received and the pictures below as these are pictures of the pieces as shipped whereas the initial pictures in this thread were of our R&D pieces.

BTW; I shared early on that the pieces will arrive fully assembled with new OEM hardware integrated. The two coolant tank caps were designed so that the OEM caps snaps into position, the oil dry sump tank cap is secured to the CNC'd billet aluminum cap by two hidden and recessed socket cap Allen screws, and the dip stick handle simply replaces the OEM plastic as per the original OEM design.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC07074.JPG
    DSC07074.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC07075.JPG
    DSC07075.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC07076.JPG
    DSC07076.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 368

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
They look amazing!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shadow, your attention to detail is greatly appreciated by all of us. The opportunity to obtain low production, high quality pieces like this makes the wait worthwhile. I, like most owners here, may sometimes get a little anxious to recieve our new "toys" but we appreciate the fact that you insist that we wait until the finished product meets your standards, which are obviously quite high.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank You

You are shipping those by overnight express aren't you?:rofl

Aug 25, 2006
Shadow, your attention to detail is greatly appreciated by all of us. The opportunity to obtain low production, high quality pieces like this makes the wait worthwhile. I, like most owners here, may sometimes get a little anxious to recieve our new "toys" but we appreciate the fact that you insist that we wait until the finished product meets your standards, which are obviously quite high.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank You

You are shipping those by overnight express aren't you?:rofl

Thank you "ALL" for the kind words; and BTW they look even better in person ...... subjectively speaking I know

Now as for over night shipping; FedEx would have loved this as I hand carried a small gross of them to their sorting facility today however sadly they did not nevertheless all will have them in their hot hands in a matter of days.

Takes care

Shadowman

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks Shadowman

......... all will have them in their hot hands in a matter of days.

Takes care

Shadowman

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Shadow Is Da Man

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Shadowman, they are stunning. :thumbsup
Bummed I previously purchased alternative caps.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
WOW Shadowman these are great. Rec'd my 4 units today. Left the office at lunch to go home and put them on the car. Getting cabin fever here in the north. Anytime and any excuse to see the GT and play with her is always good.
The parts are excellent, feel and look great. Will take some pics later. Of course will look very close to what has been posted already. You can never get enouch pics.
Again great work Shadowmnan and a big thank you and :thumbsup. Keep the ideas and products coming.
Also now I can use the orginal Ford OEM parts I bought for the GT on the Shelby GT500. :biggrin
:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
WOW Shadowman these are great. Rec'd my 4 units today. Left the office at lunch to go home and put them on the car. Getting cabin fever here in the north. Anytime and any excuse to see the GT and play with her is always good.
The parts are excellent, feel and look great. Will take some pics later. Of course will look very close to what has been posted already. You can never get enouch pics.
Again great work Shadowmnan and a big thank you and :thumbsup. Keep the ideas and products coming.
Also now I can use the orginal Ford OEM parts I bought for the GT on the Shelby GT500. :biggrin
:cheers

Thank you for the kind words and I/we are happy that they were well recieved.

I look forward to pictures of them on your gal

Takes care

Shadowman

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Here are a few pics. The pics are not that great because taken at night in the garage. Will take better ones in the day time soon. In the meantime this is how they look. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Attachments

• CIMG3272sm.JPG
    CIMG3272sm.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 262
  • CIMG3273sm.JPG
    CIMG3273sm.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 259
  • CIMG3277sm.JPG
    CIMG3277sm.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 273
  • CIMG3280sm.JPG
    CIMG3280sm.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 271

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Jewelry

Received 'em today - they are much better than the pix posted - really nice work Bill!

Bony - Van Cleef & Arpels would be proud! Keep these pieces away from Ms. Bony or you (via her jeweler) will have a BIG bill on you hands.. :thumbsup:thumbsup

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
Fabulous Caps

I received my polished set and they are absolutely gorgeous. I had planned on keeping my car bone stock as i amm a purist but these are just too nice not to add onto the car. Thanks, gerald

Aug 25, 2006
Received 'em today - they are much better than the pix posted - really nice work Bill!

Bony - Van Cleef & Arpels would be proud! Keep these pieces away from Ms. Bony or you (via her jeweler) will have a BIG bill on you hands.. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Thank you from all of us that made these possible

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
**** UPDATE ****

Now I have to apologize for the length of time that it has taken to complete and make ready to ship the second batch of CNC machined billet aluminum caps and dipsticks; the process from start to finish simply takes much more time that any of us anticipated.

In any case; I have another batch ready to ship and will likely have one more short run of these afterwhich this offering will likely come to and end.

Now I have several folks that have emailed me with interest and I will proceed down the list on a first come basis and I hope that in the end I am able to make you all happy.

They look stunning and Stan did all of the finish detail work on them as if each was for his own gal as such I would consider these a labor of love.

One of the sets was made special for Shelby because of his Twin Turbo'd gal as such we made a couple sets and another set was painted specifically for a fellow with his Heritage as can be seen in the pictures however most are the traditional red and blue to tie in with the engine bay as OEM.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC08133.JPG
    DSC08133.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC08134.JPG
    DSC08134.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC08136.JPG
    DSC08136.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 256

JMS

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Shadowman

I've been looking at your caps and they really look GREAT.
I'd be interested in a set if still available.

Thanks,
John

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Should be getting my set any day now, can't wait! I assume the heritage color scheme is for Bruce B? Nice touch Bruce!

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all

The second batch left with FedEx on Saturday and I have a few more folks to tend to over the next few days after which I will share the exact number that remain; the number is very small this I know.

All the best and I hope that all enjoy the very cool machined and detailed pieces

Shadowman

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Received my set today, really nice pieces! Thanks Shadowman!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Received my set....WOW. Look great. Thanks.

Stu

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Shadowman,

I would be interested in caps. Also have been checking out Ed's project gal on your web site and sometime in next several months I might be interested in making a few more changes.

Kevin

Aug 25, 2006
Hi Shadowman,

I would be interested in caps. Also have been checking out Ed's project gal on your web site and sometime in next several months I might be interested in making a few more changes.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

It is nice to hear from you; it has been over a year since I saw you.

Please send me a PM

All the best

Shadowman