Servicing Dealer Requirements

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Greeting Ford GT members, My name is Joe and I am the Ford GT technician at Pat Milliken Ford. I would normally not replay to a thread on this forum being that I am not a Ford GT owner (but would love to be :)) However, I thought I may be able to help clear a few thing up.

1st thing the "clean room"......yes, In the beginning of the GT program it was a requirement, however some dealerships felt that if they were going to invest this type of money into a "clean room" and other equipment that in order to recoup some of their investment that they should be the only delivering dealers. Fords view on this issue was.......If a new Ford GT customer wants to deal with a salesmen that he has been dealing with for years and trust this salesmen that they will not tell them no you have to go to a serving dealer for delivery. I agree with this, So a compromise was made, "clean room" no loner required just a clean area.

2nd Ford GT technician..... Just as important as it is for Ford to find the right future new Ford GT owners It is was equally as important to find the right technicians, So Ford REPs looked for Senior masters who had hotrod/race car and exotic car experience to be part of this program. Ford and Multimatic also put in place "the fly in doctor" whos job is to provide on the job training and help to Ford GT Technician on major repairs.

I Hope this helps clear a few things and as always we at Pat Milliken Ford are here to help Ford GT owners in any way we can.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Greeting Ford GT members, My name is Joe and I am the Ford GT technician at Pat Milliken Ford. I would normally not replay to a thread on this forum being that I am not a Ford GT owner (but would love to be :)) However, I thought I may be able to help clear a few thing up.

1st thing the "clean room"......yes, In the beginning of the GT program it was a requirement, however some dealerships felt that if they were going to invest this type of money into a "clean room" and other equipment that in order to recoup some of their investment that they should be the only delivering dealers. Fords view on this issue was.......If a new Ford GT customer wants to deal with a salesmen that he has been dealing with for years and trust this salesmen that they will not tell them no you have to go to a serving dealer for delivery. I agree with this, So a compromise was made, "clean room" no loner required just a clean area.

2nd Ford GT technician..... Just as important as it is for Ford to find the right future new Ford GT owners It is was equally as important to find the right technicians, So Ford REPs looked for Senior masters who had hotrod/race car and exotic car experience to be part of this program. Ford and Multimatic also put in place "the fly in doctor" whos job is to provide on the job training and help to Ford GT Technician on major repairs.

I Hope this helps clear a few things and as always we at Pat Milliken Ford are here to help Ford GT owners in any way we can.

Thanks for the explanation Joe and welcome to the Forum. Why not sell your 308 and get a GT :)?

Reactions: Pat Milliken Ford

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Thanks for the explanation Joe and welcome to the Forum. Why not sell your 308 and get a GT :)?
I don't think that would be enough...………..:( I will just have to live vicariously through my Ford GT friends ;)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
But i like your clean room and thanks for doing a perfect job on servicing my 2006 hot rod. The car was showroom beautiful.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

Welcome Joe and thanks for the info! Tell Kevin next time he is heading this way he should bring you... would love to show you around! Look forard to meeting you and thanks for your passion in taking care of us crazy Ford people! (y)

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
But i like your clean room and thanks for doing a perfect job on servicing my 2006 hot rod. The car was showroom beautiful.

Thank you, hope to see you at our next GT drive.

Reactions: Ed Sims

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Welcome Joe and thanks for the info! Tell Kevin next time he is heading this way he should bring you... would love to show you around! Look forard to meeting you and thanks for your passion in taking care of us crazy Ford people! (y)

Thank you, I will tell kevin, hopefully he will bring me along, It sounds like fun 🤞

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I wish there was a Milliken Ford near me. My dealers are losers.

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Sanderson Ford here in AZ has a superb clean room (chained off indoor area) for both new and '05-'06 GT's. The GT tech there, Brian Naylor is a 5-Star guy as well. I'm really happy with the service they provide.

Chip

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I wish there was a Milliken Ford near me. My dealers are losers.

Ed

I couldn't agree more Ed.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I’m so glad I chose Pat Milliken Ford!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is what the clean room at Milliken looks like. A garage within a garage for GTs only.

E8D77806-90D6-4AA4-A6F0-529B4580C20C.jpeg

4BC52D9A-3BC5-4C43-9FD6-E472FC30BA59.jpeg

AF6F9E28-0B3B-4F84-8058-C32CA4BA050D.jpeg

6317FAD6-93C5-4CE4-8BA9-542206E937FA.jpeg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
And Joe is the MAN!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
indeed he is. Joe and Ian comprise a really solid team, so glad that they are in my neighborhood! The GT wants, and deserves, the best level of attention that it can get, these are the right people!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Man, I live in the wrong part of the country to be a meticulous gearhead... I might move to MI just for the GT service! 😉

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I doubt any other dealer has a room like that! Wow!

Ed

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Gentlemen,

Sanderson Ford here in AZ has a superb clean room (chained off indoor area) for both new and '05-'06 GT's. The GT tech there, Brian Naylor is a 5-Star guy as well. I'm really happy with the service they provide.

Chip
[/QUOTE

Hello Chip,
I talked to Brian a few days ago and I agree with you, great guy looking forward to meeting him.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
That clean room is pretty much exactly what I pictured in my mind. Seems like a great idea for each servicing dealer to have something along those lines