Seen on eBay, is this true?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Saw this on ebay, if it's true I now feel like a second class citizen and I want my money back. :wink

2005 Ford GT One of 50 Documented

The first 50 Ford GT’s produced were reserved for VIPs, Press and celebrities, like Jay Leno (this is not Leno’s car). These cars were given the special treatment. They were each individually evaluated by the same Ford GT engineers ensuring each car was perfect.

This special treatment was reserved only for the first 50 Ford GTs. Signed documentation from Ford is included. Only 50 Ford GT’s have this documentation. Please note this documentation authenticates this car was one of the first 50 produced in 2005, not the VIN #.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I saw that auction last week. I really don't like the implications that this is Jay Leno's car. One of the first pictures is of Jay and his car. A little too deceptive for me...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Very cheezie, i too saw it.First off the first 48 to 50 were in house, okay then49or 50 to 100 was the first 50 ,RIGHT, he is selling 115 a real dumb#@s . selling it as one of the first 50? he s off by 15 my last count? something to go hhmmm about :eek ENJOY MY FRIEND GTJOEY 1314

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
that ebay poster was full of crap..."the rarest of the rare
"..who's falling for that?

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
The first 10 were kept in house. I delivered 00014, and 00024 which 50 BMG's uncle bought.

Scode

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I saw the same supposed "documentation" on a 2005 VIN# in the low 100's (it was either 106 or 108, can't remember exactly). This was right when the GT's started hitting dealer showrooms. It was a red all options car at Scottsdale Ford (formerly Lou Grubb Ford).

At the time I brushed it off as BS, but now I wonder if there was any truth to it...

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
The only documentation I saw was a small sticker on the window saying Ford evaluated thw car and put xx miles on the car before shipping. The first 50 or 100 cars were all dyno tested and driven by Ford to ensure quality.

Hey 50 BMG are your Dad and Uncle coming out to the rally?

link

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2006
tucson, az
ebay

my vin number ends in 057. I have a letter from Ford GT Vehicle Engineering stating that the first 50 production vehicles received special treatment from the engineering team. Mine was evaluated by the engineers that developed the GT and they put the first 78 miles on the car.

Pipelion

Link,

Welcome to the Mod Squad,.......... I mean forum. Enjoy that GT.

Allan

link

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2006
tucson, az
thanks. have been following the web site for a few months. i have learned quite a bit. the gt was my choice versus a lambo.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello,
Could you post that letter, some of us collectors would like to see it.
Cheers,
daniel

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's the scoop gentlemen, Link has it right.

The first 50 cars in 2005 were all taken up to Michigan Proving Grounds and verified for handling, acceleration, and braking. It was a verification process to gather the data that said that the cars Ford was making in production were equal or better than the prototype cars all the magazines had tested. Ford wanted to be sure every car could turn in the big numbers.

So the first 50 cars got a signed sheet that signed off each of the cars attributes and was signed by one of the development engineers.

Don't say I never found anything out for you. :wink

As for the VIN thing, even if a car is numerically 115, as I understand it, it could have been one of the first 50 produced. When I went through SSV very early in the build process, they were well into the upper 100's, even though people I knew with VIN's in the teens had yet to receive their cars...

link

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2006
tucson, az
ebay

I do not have a scanner available and will be travelling tomarrow for a few weeks so I will quote the letter below:
"On behalf of the entire Ford GT team, it gives me great pleasure to present you with your new 2005 Ford GT. To ensure that your GT provides exceptional performance your vehicle was evaluated by the same team of engineers that developed the Ford GT. Only the first 50 production vehicles will receive this special treatment from the engineering team.

Your vehicle was evaluated at the Michigan Proving Ground. The attached evaluation form confirms that your vehicle meets our stringent performance standards."

Thomas G. Reichenbach
Ford GT Vehicle Engineering Manager

The second page is labeled "Pre-Delivery Performance Confirmation" stating the VIN, temperature, humidity and tire pressure at time of testing. A "Performance Attribute" follows listing : Overall Steering, Handling, Brakes, Ride, Road Noise, Primary R
ide(pitch, roll), Squeaks&Rattles, Wind Noise, Overall Powertrain, Overall Performance Feel, Overall Driveability,Overall Transmission Performance.

This page is signed by the Ford GT Vehicl Dynamics Egineers: Mark McGowan, Scott Ahlman and Christopher White.

Hope this helps.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
scode said:
Hey 50 BMG are your Dad and Uncle coming out to the rally?

Ya, so am I.

link

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2006
tucson, az
provenance

do you think this special testing sets these cars apart giving them a special provenance and enhanced value

DBK said:
Here's the scoop gentlemen, Link has it right.

The first 50 cars in 2005 were all taken up to Michigan Proving Grounds and verified for handling, acceleration, and braking. It was a verification process to gather the data that said that the cars Ford was making in production were equal or better than the prototype cars all the magazines had tested. Ford wanted to be sure every car could turn in the big numbers.

So the first 50 cars got a signed sheet that signed off each of the cars attributes and was signed by one of the development engineers.

Don't say I never found anything out for you. :wink

As for the VIN thing, even if a car is numerically 115, as I understand it, it could have been one of the first 50 produced. When I went through SSV very early in the build process, they were well into the upper 100's, even though people I knew with VIN's in the teens had yet to receive their cars...

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
link said:
do you think this special testing sets these cars apart giving them a special provenance and enhanced value

I think so, but it's just the opinion of a non-GT owning spectator...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
link said:

No ...

.. we all 'meet(s) our stringent performance standards."' - in fact, few more improvements and fixes have been incorporated ever since.. Not only the suspension arm fix, but in few other areas like transpiping, etc,,,,

Last edited:

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
50 BMG said:
Ya, so am I.

Cool!

Are they bringing their cars? I am sure Paul would love to get Camillo to sign his car too. It was an awsome experience when Camillo saw the Gulf decals and went to town on it. Your garage 2 vid on SVT performance was cool. You should post it here. Did you like the cd I made for your father?

Keith aka Scode

link

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2006
tucson, az
ebay

after attending Barrett Jackson auctions I have witnessed the importance of documentation. ten years down the road I believe having signed documentation by the actual Ford team will make a difference with regard to future valuation.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great thread, personally I think the cars that have been produced after all the recalls are worth more... except #3 which was sold last night at Barrett Jackson which went north of $500K :biggrin