Seeking gt40 replica

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What a great idea for a personalized plate:wink GVS ME WD :biggrin
Steve,
I'm going with that idea! Good thinking!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Steve,
I'm going with that idea! Good thinking!

I own that plate in Ca and Idaho for the GT. All the 40 year olds and up get it, the some of the younger kids pull up and will say something like "right on bro" "gives me weed":facepalm: One way or another most people laugh who see it which is the reaction I was going for.:lol

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

What is the difference of this car and the super high dollar car from Holman mentioned earlier? Seems like the same car but way more reasonable?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What is the difference of this car and the super high dollar car from Holman mentioned earlier? Seems like the same car but way more reasonable?

The Pathfinder GT40R is based on a Superformance chassis. The Holman Moody cars are fabricated largely in house.

http://www.holmanmoody.com/autosales.html

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Pathfinder GT40R is based on a Superformance chassis. The Holman Moody cars are fabricated largely in house.

http://www.holmanmoody.com/autosales.html

That's what I was wondering. The SPF site lists a GT40R as an option. If Pathfinder is just "finishing" a SPF roller you'd just as well go to Hillbank and get it from the source.

When I got the GT it was a real tossup. I was offered (by Lance, from SPF/Hillbank) an alloy Daytona Coupe CSX9000 car for the same price I got my GT. But the boss just couldn't get over that the Daytona was "a Cobra with a hard top". It's really quite civilized now, and actually has a trunk big enough to fit a spare tire in (FIA rules), or take the tire out and a set of golf clubs, or maybe even a suit case. She does approve of the GT though.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Ron - Call me. I could be talked into parting with my Gulf CAV GT-40. Very well built street car that could be tweaked for track use easily.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Ralphie, Holman was looking for $800,000 per car plus options for a RACE car. More if you wanted a street car. Mind you, that was back in '06. Maybe the prices have come down now, or maybe your take on "a bit pricier" is in a different snack bracket than mine. :wink But I agree, if money's no object, if you wanted a vintage racer, or if you want the most 'authentic' version you can get, that would be the way to go. :willy

I was at CMP in SC earlier this year and Lee was there with a Swedish customer testing one of his GT-40's. Very nice car. I believe it sold!