Seeking gt40 replica

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow Ron....the BOSS302 sure did not last long.
How come the desire to ditch it for a GT40 Replica, if I may ask??
Just want to up the performance capabilities overall for your tracking??
You got it right .A better track car and I can vintage race .

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Pure gospel on both points, Kimo Sabe. I'm not really all that claustrophobic, but the 1st time I sat in one and shut the doors I almost felt like I was suffocating and needed air - NOW! But, subsequent 'outings' in '40s have illustrated that, for me at least, those feelings are fleeting.

That said, there is no way - NO WAY - I'd e-v-e-r ride in one on a hot day if it had no A/C! THAT would never cut it! And on any day when the temp is above 80* - it'd need to be turned all the way up to 'DEEP FREEZE'. The degree of confinement in a '40 demands it!:willy

(Yeah, I know, Mikey - YOU love your 40's sauna effect! But then, YOU are completely nuts!)

The odds are you won't be driving it much and in the very rare event when you do, in WA it is probably cold and or raining. A/C not needed in your case, neither is a motor.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Regarding fitting. I'm 6'2 and fit very comfortably. The pedal box on the SPF cars are adjustable. I run mine in the furthest forward position. That said, they are snug and if you are claustrophobic it might be uncomfortable. Coming from a GT your first impression will be holy chit this thing is little and very tight. Combine that with the complete rawness, loudness, shaking, sweating, gone deaf driving sensations, the car will be a shock to the system the first couple times in it. It is nothing like a GT! For me there is comparison which one I enjoy more driving. The up or down side depending on your perspective is how ever much attention you are used to getting in the GT, it will double in a GT40.

I can really relate to this and understand why you sold the GT to get the GT40. As much as I love the GT, I enjoy my Kirkham more because it is so elemental and raw. I would really like to get a Superformance GT40 when I get some spare change. Combining the experience of a Cobra with the beautiful shape of a GT40 can't be beat in my book.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Read the link in Ronnie Spain's book I provided...

Spain's recap of how P#1060 was destroyed was a bit "shallow" with the facts.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sinovac, I'm telling your wife about your lusting:lol

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Spain's recap of how P#1060 was destroyed was a bit "shallow" with the facts.
That is unfortunate Steve. Ronnie posts every once in awhile on the GT40 board and as I gather, is currently working on a new addition to his book. Would you consider providing him with additional details to correct any inaccuracies? In any case, what an interesting story about your dad's car. What are your memories of 1060?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sinovac, I'm telling your wife about your lusting:lol

Don't do that. She is still a little perturbed about the last car!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
One of, I believe, seven Mk IIIs. Historic, and valuable (Ford had it insured for $600K several years ago), but the only not-beautiful GT.

When I arrived at Roush this car was there parked next to my GT. It's also owned by Ford.

DSC00798.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Wowzers! I just love seeing these pics.

That image brings up a design question I was asked by a guy at a car show. Why is the side scoop on our GTs a bolt on piece, rather than faired into the side panel below the clamshell? I suppose the answer is that it would have taken welding and filler and added greatly to cost. Maybe I will get to ask Camilo next month? ;-) /end of thread hijack.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
2012090800.jpg

2012090801.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That thing is SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!!!

'Faaaaar too nice of a car for the likes of your own darn self! :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

You should have brought yours to the Shelby American party today. P1015 was there. Yours is cool, 1015 is orgasmic.

P.S. Nice lighting. Where and when?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I wanted to but had guests flying in at 5pm this afternoon. Shots were taken off Indiana and Hwy72 at 6:30 this morning approximately 10 minutes prior to discovering that I run out of fuel at 1/8th tank lol.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Luke, your car is beautiful. What is the fuel capacity (other than "not enough")? :lol

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thanks! Holds 10 gals each side with a crossover.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That gives me wood!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Some great choices there, Ron!! Good luck! I think that's a great way to go. :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
That gives me wood!

What a great idea for a personalized plate:wink GVS ME WD :biggrin