SAAC GT Registry

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
The SAAC GT Registry, which will feature old and new Ford GT's along with original Shelby Cobra's, is nearing completion. There are only a few weeks left before it goes to the publisher.

If you want your name and your car in it, please send me your info right away. If you recently bought a GT, or sold your GT, I'd like to hear from you.

If you know the VIN number of a GT that has been seriously damaged or issued a "Rebuilt" or "Salvage" title, please pass the info along to me so I can check it out in CARFAX.

The SAAC GT Registry will have the original colors and options for every new GT built, the factory build date, the original selling dealer, and ownership history. Ten years from now, when you go to cash in your GT to put the kiddies through college (or you've gotten too old to drive and enjoy it) THIS will be the book people will be looking in to confirm the "provenance" of your car.

......FORD GT...... it's the ONE!

regards,

Jeff

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
You should already have the info on my GT.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
The SAAC GT Registry, which will feature old and new Ford GT's along with original Shelby Cobra's, is nearing completion. There are only a few weeks left before it goes to the publisher.

If you want your name and your car in it, please send me your info right away. If you recently bought a GT, or sold your GT, I'd like to hear from you.

If you know the VIN number of a GT that has been seriously damaged or issued a "Rebuilt" or "Salvage" title, please pass the info along to me so I can check it out in CARFAX.

The SAAC GT Registry will have the original colors and options for every new GT built, the factory build date, the original selling dealer, and ownership history. Ten years from now, when you go to cash in your GT to put the kiddies through college (or you've gotten too old to drive and enjoy it) THIS will be the book people will be looking in to confirm the "provenance" of your car.

......FORD GT...... it's the ONE!

regards,

Jeff

Jeff,

I do believe you have my info on the FGT.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the SAAC vs the new Shelby club starting up.........have any idea on what will pan out?

Gino

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
KMCBOSS - Yes, I have your info -Thanks.

Gino - Yes, I have your info, too.

I believe the situation is very unfortunate. There are many of us who have devoted a lot of time and effort into keeping the Shelby legend alive. We were prepared to welcome the new cars with the old...some people don't see it the same way we do.
I think SAAC will complete the Cobra/GT Registry and the "vintage" Shelby Registry. The newer Shelby products will likely be in a Registry prepared by SAI. They say competition improves the breed....I guess only time will tell.

regards,

Jeff

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jeff,
I hope your correct. I heard that there is litigation flying between Shelby's licensing company and SAAC. Very sad, I have been and will remain a member. I have heard that Shelby will not share information on their cars with SAAC.
Meanwhile, I have joinged the new origanization as well. I suppose most folks will.
Cheers,
daniel

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
If anyone else is interested in the dialog between new Shelby President Amy Boylan and us old SAAC members, go to www.shelbyforums.com & www.clubcobra.com. I am kind of numb by all of this at the moment. Been a SAAC member for many years. :confused

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks for the link Tony. An great example of how many folks behave on the internet.
The insulting behavior of a select few won't fly here. I know how you feel, and share those feelings.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Thanks for the link Tony. An great example of how many folks behave on the internet.
The insulting behavior of a select few won't fly here. I know how you feel, and share those feelings.

Bony,

After reading those posts, I guess my mouth is slightly open in dismay of the talk on there, and coming from notable people that I would never expect it from. Lowering one's standards to reach someone is never a good idea. It just makes people like me wonder............

Gino

gamera11

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
Kansas City MO
Gino, I to am in agreement after following those posts I was hopeing more would take the high road on their behavior.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

We are definitely not going to engage any such discussion here. It's amazing how people so readily fire off half-informed on the net in ways they never would in person.

I think Carroll's feelings on the matter are clear to those who know him. I think SAAC has been around long enough for that community that it can easily stand on its own. I also think it would be a struggle to integrate the generations, and anyone who has ever read SVTPerformance's Shelby section will know what I mean (ugh). It makes the posted link look like tea time at Buckingham Palace.

The fact is there will be well over 40,000 new Shelby vehicles from Ford over the 2006-2010 period. With that amount of cars, hopefully there should be more than enough room to coexist.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We are definitely not going to engage any such discussion here. It's amazing how people so readily fire off half-informed on the net in ways they never would in person.

I think Carroll's feelings on the matter are clear to those who know him. I think SAAC has been around long enough for that community that it can easily stand on its own. I also think it would be a struggle to integrate the generations, and anyone who has ever read SVTPerformance's Shelby section will know what I mean (ugh). It makes the posted link look like tea time at Buckingham Palace.

The fact is there will be well over 40,000 new Shelby vehicles from Ford over the 2006-2010 period. With that amount of cars, hopefully there should be more than enough room to coexist.

The internet is an amazing place, folks feel that they can take license and
that it is a place like Free Speech Plaza at UC Berkeley. Here is the link to Club Cobra where this topic has been beaten around since Sema:-
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83483
It makes the other forum's remarks look quite civil.

Many companies have a policy that forbids their executives from going on public forums. I think Ford does have this policy, I am not sure. I know in my business we have one person that speaks to the press and none of us discuss our business, or comments on our products we represent outside.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
cobrajeff,

Here are my details from Quickdraw:
2005 1830
Order Date: 7/27/2005
Date Built: 9/8/2005
At Dealer: 9/22/2005
Sold Date: 10/5/2005

Three option car - no Calipers. One of 12 optioned this way per Quickdraw

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Mike -

Thanks for the update on your car.

Thanks also to those who PM'd info on their cars to me.

One other item I forgot to mention - if you know the "Rotation" number for your car (it was printed on a small sticker affixed to the windshield of your car, beneath a larger one that had the last four digits of your VIN #), please send that info in to me as well.

There will be pictures in the SAAC GT Regsitry, too, so send along a nice picture of your car. Pictures with nice backgrounds (behave yourselves Bony & Dr. Frank) like an open field or park, rather than in the middle of a car show crammed between two SUV's will be more likely to be published.

regards,

Jeff

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Jeff,

Do you have all of the details you need from me?

Kelvin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Kelvin, did you disclose that birthmark that only a couple of us know about? :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Confirmation?

Jeff,

For those of us who sent information in about our Ford GT's some time ago, how do we know that you have it? I never received any type of confirmation as regards the information that I forwarded. It would be a drag to have the new registry come out and not see my yellow GT in it. Can you confirm that you have information on 2006 #589?

Thanks,

Chip

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Jeff, I know you have the data on my GT. If you think you might need more photos go ahead and use anything from the Rally cruise if you want to. You took quite a few pics of my car that were much better than the ones I took. Thanks for all your effort. TI

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Kelvin -I have the information on your car, including your modifications. I do NOT have a "good" picture of your car - everytime I tried to shoot it at Rally II, there was a crowd around it! :biggrin So, if you get a chance, please e-mail a nice picture of it to me - thanks.

Chip - I have your info in the Registry, however, I do not have any good pictures of your car. Please e-mail a nice picture when you get a chance.

Tony - Have your info, and several nice pictures of your car - thanks for the ride at Rally II! See you at the Petersen Museum.

regards,

Jeff

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Jeff,
I don't know if you have my info. Here are the details from Quickdraw.

2006 1520
Order Date: 4/11/2006
Date Built: 6/21/2006
At Dealer: 7/6/2006
Sold Date: 7/8/2006

2006 midnight blue, Std radio, Std wheels, Side stripes only, red calipers is one of a kind per Quickdraw info.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Jeff, do you have all my stuff????