RIP Spirit

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sad to hear .Fred is gentle soul.
My heart felt condolences to his family
I bet there is a large group of cars guys he is hanging with in heaven!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Godspeed Fred. You will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Such horrible sad news. Many great unforgettable memories over the years.
R.I.P Spirit

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We've had the privilege to enjoy several diners at the table with Fred and Sherry over the years at rallies and Daytona. Very genuine and down to earth.

He had some great stories to share. Glad our paths crossed the times they did.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Sherry and the rest of the family.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Very sad day. Fred & Sherry touched many of us here. Our condolences and prayers to Sherry and the family.

Rest in Peace

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Very sad to hear this - it was a pleasure to spend time with him both in the US and Europe. A true enthusiast

Rest in peace Fred.

Dave

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
He will be missed. Our prayers are with Sherry. What a great FGT ambassador.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Fred was one of the very first GT owners I met in 2006. With his Heritage being only one digit different than my Heritage, we considered ourselves “Heritage Twins”. Fred will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sherry and the family.

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Condolences and prayers for his passing.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." --John Donne

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Sad news indeed! RIP Fred. Condolences to Sherry on this sudden and stunning news.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Howdy friends,

I want to let all of you know that our family appreciates all of the kind words you have shared about my dad. He was a special man, that loved his cars and loved his life. He did choose to keep his health private and not discuss his struggles.

As Chris mentioned, I first met many of your at the Indy trip in 2007. In 2008, I was shotgun at 5AM when we got spun out on I-10 on the way to Rally III. We had the car towed home, then hoped in the Honda and raced to Phoenix, then to Vegas. Don't get me started on the Le Mans trip! There are so many stories to tell :)

He was absolutely in love with the new GT. Once he finally found out he was finally getting one, he questioned to go through with it due to his health. Without a second of doubt, I urged him to fulfil this dream. We hoped it would be delivered in time.

There is no doubt that he will be there when his new GT is delivered and take a ride in it.

As mentioned, we hope to have some sort of get together next year to celebrate his life. My mom, and my brother Clint and I will continue his legacy being part of the Ford GT team with the 06 Heritage and the 19 Heritage.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends…

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
We should all be so lucky to have our families carry on our passion and legacy for these remarkable automobiles.
Thank you for keeping us informed and Spirit in our minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro