Rear Badge for the GT

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
OK, Mine came.

How is everyone attaching them? By that, I mean what means are you using to hold them onto the rear grille?

The two posts appear to be designed to accept a body style pinch nut but the diameter is pretty large for the first 3/4" preventing a pinch nut from bottoming out against the backside of the grille.

I also received mine yesterday and today did the install: I tapped the upper lower poles to accept a 10MM bolt.....I used aluminum bolts as the cast poles are fragile. I carefully cut some felt strips to prevent scratching on the badge backside. To provide a firm fix black washers were used so the bolts would not press on the mesh opening. After hand tightning the bolts (through the license Plate opening) used a 10mm box wrench to give them a gentle nudge. I would not over tighten....

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Picked mine up at Cars and Coffee during the rally. Stripped it and going for a Blk/ Slvr combo.. Thanks again AZGT!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Put mine on this weekend.... Picture is crap but it goes with the BLK/ slvr two tone theme of the gal

Attachments

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for the link!

Just ordered a couple.

Jeff
+1

BTW Dude has some wild Wankle engine jewelry in case you were looking for some. :thumbsup

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did yours come in the Tampon box too? :biggrin Aussie humor I guess. :cheers

Did you turn down the thick part of the shaft before cutting the threads? I am imagining the cast pot metal can break pretty easily.

Thanks for the blow by blow.

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Hi Larry,

I would like to order one of those rear FORD GT emblems. Can you charge paypal like you did for the louvers that you had done. By the way, they came out perfect. I spend a couple of evenings with a file in front of the TV and they were ready to paint. Probably will go with powder coating on the louvers. Thanks again Larry,

Gary Tryhorn

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
damn, mine is still on the shelf... I'll get to it,... someday soon. Thanks Larry for sourcing it!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Did yours come in the Tampon box too? :biggrin Aussie humor I guess. :cheers
Mine did!! I thought it was a little odd, but if they all went out that way.....................

They must be buying them by the pallet.

Hope to install mine this weekend.

Jeff

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Correct, also using a dremel drill,the pole leads were cut off - leaving the thick portion of the poles for cutting; pot metal material is tolerant to tapping.....

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Larry, received my badge. Very cool; thanks again.

dino

2005 yellow black GT
2006 red SRT10 Viper
2003 white Thunderbird

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Mine was in a tampon box too. I found some humor in it.

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
I just pm'd you...

BobbyU

Feb 16, 2009
FGT Badge

I have been looking for a rear badge that I plan on putting on my no stripe car just to maybe eliminate some of the "what is it stuff".

Well, I found this one. It is from some type of Australian Ford. It is exactly what I was looking for and to me it looks like a natural. It is a reproduction (I guess the originals are pricey). Made from metal and painted, mounts on the rear grill with two speedy nuts (I also used gasket paper and a rubber washers to keep it from scratching the paint). It is 3 3/4 inches tall. They come with the Ford black with the shiney outline (no, the paint they come with does not hold up to close inspection, but from a foot away it is fine) - I did mine blue for both Ford and to blend some with the stripe. For the yellow car I plan on doing the Ford in yellow.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I think I can import some more (they are coming out of Australia). Delivered cost (I think) will be $40.00.

Let me know if anyone has an interest, and I'll see if I can get another order.

Also would like to know impressions.
Hi, Still have any of the badge with you to sell? Thank you

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I have been looking for a rear badge that I plan on putting on my no stripe car just to maybe eliminate some of the "what is it stuff".

Well, I found this one. It is from some type of Australian Ford. It is exactly what I was looking for and to me it looks like a natural. It is a reproduction (I guess the originals are pricey). Made from metal and painted, mounts on the rear grill with two speedy nuts (I also used gasket paper and a rubber washers to keep it from scratching the paint). It is 3 3/4 inches tall. They come with the Ford black with the shiney outline (no, the paint they come with does not hold up to close inspection, but from a foot away it is fine) - I did mine blue for both Ford and to blend some with the stripe. For the yellow car I plan on doing the Ford in yellow.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I think I can import some more (they are coming out of Australia). Delivered cost (I think) will be $40.00.

Let me know if anyone has an interest, and I'll see if I can get another order.

Also would like to know impressions.

Attachments

Last edited:

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
New owner. I'll take one if still available.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
They go on with a speedy nut - self cutting and holds firmly. They don't need to be super tight. Put a gasket behind the badge so you don't scracth the grill.

OK, Mine came.

How is everyone attaching them? By that, I mean what means are you using to hold them onto the rear grille?

The two posts appear to be designed to accept a body style pinch nut but the diameter is pretty large for the first 3/4" preventing a pinch nut from bottoming out against the backside of the grille.

Kustom_Zee

GT Owner
Jun 17, 2007
I want one .

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AZGT can I still get one?

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Had another half-dozen shipped in. Send me a PM if interested.
AZGT,

I just sent you a message. Any way to get some more of these for us FGT newbies?

Thanks!