RIP Ray

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Ray's Familiy is in our prayers

Horrible news! As a flight instructor, I have had three, now four friends die in their own planes. It's a thrill something that some of us love, but when something goes wrong, it can go horribly wrong sometimes. Kim and I especially are saddened for Jana and his kid's loss. He will be sorely missed by them and many, many more loved ones and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ray's family.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thanks for posting the link to the Commemorative Air Force website. Nice article and some added details of the accident.
andy (ajb)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Shocked and saddened. Margaret and I have a difficult time with the realism of all of this. Ray was my very first 'Natural gas and Leasing advisor" a few years back.
If Ray knew ''anything about anything'' , he was always willing to share..

Andy and Margaret Benedict (AJB)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sad,sad,sad

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
RIP Ray. My condolences to the family. Sad I never got to meet you!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, even though Ray didn't always hang out with us, he ALWAYS treated his GT brothers like family when he was with us. I am so sad this happened. What a nice guy and lovely family.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No words can describe the feelings of sadness we all have today. Thank you Dave for a beautiful tribute to Ray. God Bless this Forum and its members. We all have Janna and the Boys in our Prayers. Tomy & Sue Hamon

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Shelby,

Thanks for the link. I personally know the restorers of the Sea Fury (the Ezells) in Breckenridge, TX. The Sea Fury was previously owned by Howard Pardue who also unfortunately died in the crash of a Bearcat 2 years ago. This news is horrible. Ray was a true gentleman. RIP.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
One of the beautiful things about fordgtforum is that we get to catch a glimpse into the lives of some extraordinary people. I've always enjoyed reading about Ray's accomplishments and passions, and he was obviously a real class-act. Even though I've never met him, this news made me feel a real loss, much like when I read about Bony's passing. Godspeed, Ray, and my prayers to your family.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
One thing about the Ford Gt Forum,a class act !
Kudos to DBK!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Sad indeed. Condolences to the family.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Very sad. Loved GTs and all things fast. Rest In Peace, brother.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Very sad news Ray was one of the first people I meant at my first rally in N.O.

PittsburghRT

Dec 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I am so shocked and saddened to read this. I had the pleasure to talk to Ray years back when he was part of the Viper community. He was such a friendly and generous guy. RIP Ray. My condolences to his family.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Words cannot express the feelings, emotions, and sadness that take place at a time like this.
Our warmest thoughts and prayers go out to Janna and the boys - God Bless You.
Ray Hofman – A Gentleman’s Gentleman - Rest In Peace.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Tragic news. My prayers are with his family to get thru this most difficult of times.

Stu

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
DBK can you move this thread next to Bony's? I know he wasn't an admin, but he did great things to keep pushing the car forward as well as this group.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Please do, that would mean a lot to him and his family.

DBK can you move this thread next to Bony's? I know he wasn't an admin, but he did great things to keep pushing the car forward as well as this group.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Very sorry to hear this. I had the pleasure of meeting him in Utah. What a great guy. I wish his family the best and know he will be watching over them. RIP