Rally Map!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DBK said:
Added 3 more today, and got a letter from a 4th "maybe". We got 42 in exactly two weeks, so even if we add that same amount over the next 13 weeks, I think that'll be plenty.

Dear Dave,

I feel I will stay a most likely until I am absolutely sure (unless You tell me to rather check in, and cancel if needed to be..) , and absolutely DO want to make it. But I hate checking in and then no show, bla bla..

Once I am clear about my obligations, I will come ! How can one want to miss this !? It's a once a lifetime event, can't just say, oh, I'll go next year.... Won't BE a second chance - ever..!

After all I have appreciated from this forum and the real people in it, it would be a shame to miss this one..... :thumbsup

sincerely

Stefan

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I definitely hope you can make it Stefan!

I really enjoy having not just people that are "local" (if you can call it that) from the U.S, but guys like you, Neil, Desi, One of 101, and the rest of the world on the forum. Makes for a really interesting place to talk and lends interesting perspectives on the car and other thigns we'd never get to here otherwise.

It'd be a shame if physical distance kept you out! Though I can't say it'll impress your friends to say "I went to Detroit on vacation". :lol

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Stefan - w/out you or Canibl there, who will I speak Italian with? :frown Hope to see you there! :cheers MJ

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
ah, DBK... Thanks for putting me on the map. PS: I'm a "gal". :wink

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Is the map up to date?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's really bizarre. I clicked on this thread to get to the link to add you, then when I refreshed the page after I was done adding you, you had asked that question. Spoooooky :willy

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
DBK said:
That's really bizarre. I clicked on this thread to get to the link to add you, then when I refreshed the page after I was done adding you, you had asked that question. Spoooooky :willy

I guess you want the powerball numbers next?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bony... I'm thinking about being the pilot on the trip to detroit... you still want to join me in the plane? :willy :willy :willy :eek

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
Bony... I'm thinking about being the pilot on the trip to detroit... you still want to join me in the plane? :willy :willy :willy :eek

Sure Jerry, but can I sit in the back of the plane??? It is safer you know, planes never back into mountains :willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Silverbullitt said:
I guess you want the powerball numbers next?
that would work for me... :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
You've never seen my fly before! :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Speaking from experience, the only thing better about being in the back of the plane is that your body is more identifiable making it easier for your insurance company to pay off.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
You've never seen my fly before! :cheers

Frankly I never look down there, so no I haven't :rofl :rofl
I know the Citation is rated for one pilot in command, but not fully aerobatic, is it? :biggrin You don't have to answer, I know the answer :cheers
I bring some extra pairs of boxers, I am in.

Guess I will only pack one bottle of Maiden in the picnic basket since you will be so busy at the controls :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Speaking from experience, the only thing better about being in the back of the plane is that your body is more identifiable making it easier for your insurance company to pay off.

The only insurance I have is for my partners to buy out my wife. If I had regular life I might wind up like that poor bastard did in Greenwich last night. :lol

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony, you can borrow one of my skydiving rigs if you get scared. :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
bony, you can borrow one of my skydiving rigs if you get scared. :)

wow, I have never jumped before, maybe you could come along just in case we need to leave quickly, a buddy jump might be in order. I will bring another bottle of The Maiden for the picnic basket.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Sounds like a fair trade off. Unfortunately, I live on the other coast now. However, if you ever want me to throw you out of a "perfectly good airplane" for practice, I'd be happy to. :lol I'm thinking of driving up actually. The thought of landing on a runway sounds pretty scary to me! Trusting that your Fresno buddy will get you there safely, I'll see you at the rally. On second thought... you may want to bring that 2nd bottle just in case...

MJ :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Sounds like a fair trade off. Unfortunately, I live on the other coast now. However, if you ever want me to throw you out of a "perfectly good airplane" for practice, I'd be happy to. :lol I'm thinking of driving up actually. The thought of landing on a runway sounds pretty scary to me! Trusting that your Fresno buddy will get you there safely, I'll see you at the rally. On second thought... you may want to bring that 2nd bottle just in case...

MJ :cheers

Hello Mary Jo,
I have no doubt it will be a good flight.
Definition of a good flight= anyone you walk away from from.
Trust me there will be no shortage of fuel for the GT's or body. :wink
:cheers Daniel

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
looks like a few flights are comin in.. Do we have airfield support, by Ford ?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
DBK did you get my registration? I was checking the page and didn't see my marker up on the map yet :)

Matt