Rally IV update

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Count me in

Special Ed here - count me, Black Ice & Dr Frank in!!!

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We had all better hope they get this swine flu thing under control or Texas may close it's borders and start killing all their pigs and prohibit kissing.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
We had all better hope they get this swine flu thing under control or Texas may close it's borders and start killing all their pigs and prohibit kissing.

Frank we are counting on you to do a flu screening before anyone can attend a group Rally function. Will they have quick Swine flu tests strips by Oct?

I was planning on shipping the car to TX and flying in. But it may be safer just to drive the whole way.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, but you can do a mouth swab and run the test by PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and have a DNA result in 2 hours. Cost - about $75. My advice - stock up on the drug Tamiflu.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
No, but you can do a mouth swab and run the test by PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and have a DNA result in 2 hours. Cost - about $75. My advice - stock up on the drug Tamiflu.

Already have two courses, but have four in the family. Got those during the SARs scare. Are the meds in short supply or readily available? Maybe I can get some "lab samples" from my neighbor an exec at Gilead.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Not in short supply YET, but if this persists, count on it.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I wanna go faaaaaaaaaast! Who wants to be on Supercars Exposed?

Would love to be on again. Let's hope it is at the Mile (maybe on Friday for a GT only event?). I will be rockin' the 1200 hp TT GT by then.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

No kissing of pigs? Why that just ain't right down on the ranch here in Texas!

Country boy invites city boy friend to the farm. City boy says "what do y'all do for fun 'round here?" Country boy says "let me show you". He leads the way to the pig pen and grabs one and starts having his way with it. The city boy follows suit and gets a pig and tries and tries but just can't get it up. He yells at the country boy "I don't know what's wrong". The country boy replies "heck I know.....you picked the ugliest pig in the pen!" :biggrin:lol:rofl:willy

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
NARDO DOES NARDO DOES:banana

Not with that govenor you won't..................my 5 mph club friend. :lol

Someone call Rocketman. :thumbsup

--

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

Just make sure to leave your laptop at home Frank. Half of the things you are into are not too legal here. I'll have your TX passport ready when you get here.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Kelvin, You are welcome to leave your car at my place for a few weeks:biggrin
I promise to keep her warm at night.

I will consider any reasonable proposition which involves bestowing her with more goodies than when originally delivered.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
AlohaGT
PM me the details on the NorCal event.

Atomic, Ed asked for same and come to find out, it's in October and will end up in SoCal.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Wheres the official announcement? Am I the only one that noticed "Rally IV - Austin, TX"?

sweet.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will be announced this week. October 14th-18th, 2009.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I'm in. In anticipation of the dates and based on early reports. I put in for those days off, last week.

Stu

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
This is very exciting.
My first Rally and it will be in my town.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Will be announced this week. October 14th-18th, 2009.

Dave, the Texas mile is during 16th-18th, so our event may conflict for some owners. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, the Texas mile is during 16th-18th, so our event may conflict for some owners. :lol

Oh man, that sucks! :bang:bang

I don't know, maybe we can convince them to expand the Texas Mile to be a 4-day event with one day for nothing but Ford GTs? :confused

:wink

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
All GT day at the Mile!

My RV is ready and waiting and the GT will be TT'ed by then. Game on.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Oh man, that sucks! :bang:bang

I don't know, maybe we can convince them to expand the Texas Mile to be a 4-day event with one day for nothing but Ford GTs? :confused

That would be great, but of course this is just wishful thinking. Only a magician could pull that off. It has about the same chance of happening as EP putting miles on a FGT!