Rally 5 - V.I.R - Who's coming?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Well, DBK can either go to the mile races and help out, or he can sit at home and be a wannabe and add names to an event that's still 5 months away. I prefer the former.

I agree Frank..........

Rich - glad to see ya signed up.... Can I camp at your house? How about a BBQ there?

BTW - Frank your open tab is non interest compounding :biggrin

Last edited:

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
MAD,
You and anyone else is welcome... here's the catch.... I live in Northern VA, about 5 hours drive from Danville!
Rich:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You guys hear that! Party at Rich Martins!!! Rally to the Rally to the Rally!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
You guys hear that! Party at Rich Martins!!! Rally to the Rally to the Rally!

Frank...Heard you loud and clear! Thanks Rich, excellent idea. :cheers

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Well, DBK can either go to the mile races and help out, or he can sit at home and be a wannabe and add names to an event that's still 5 months away. I prefer the former.

But you prefer DOING the latter, right? Seriously....as much time as you spend on here....maybe you should help the man out.....:biggrin

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Frank...Heard you loud and clear! Thanks Rich, excellent idea. :cheers

ACTUALLY, it was MAD's idea. Can't take the credit, but got lots of room for cars and people.....mapquest or google can kinda let folks know where I am located as related to Danville... Certainly can get some tents too if needed! :thumbsup

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Looking into going to VIR. Where is everyone planning to stay? Accommodations near the track seem lacking, at least to my wife's standards. I could leave her behind, but she is planning to photograph the event.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Looking into going to VIR. Where is everyone planning to stay? Accommodations near the track seem lacking, at least to my wife's standards. I could leave her behind, but she is planning to photograph the event.

Have you looked at the VIR web site? It seems to me that there are very good accommodations and a fairly good selection of suites and rooms on the grounds of the track itself.:confused

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Sit tight if you can. Dave has likely already identified some nice accomodations and will announce shortly.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
KJD is correct. Patience is in order. DBK will not fail us. You already know when and part of the where, so just sit tight. Think about the Rally to the Rally from St. Louis.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Stand corrected! Google maps only had listed the Motel 8s surrounding the track. After looking at the track web site, this looks outstanding! Dave, put me down for me and the Mrs.!! Lets start a thread for transport from Florida.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
My First Rally

Just made hotel reservations for my wife and I to attend. Excited to hopefully attend my first rally. :banana
Now just have to figure out how to get from Jakarta to VIR. Guess that's what Travelocity is for. :cheers

Magic

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Sit tight if you can. Dave has likely already identified some nice accomodations and will announce shortly.

+1....guys....don't start booking yet. We have great plans for the accomodations.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
IT'S BACK!

Ford GT National Rally V is going to be an all-out Ford GT festival on the 1500 acre grounds of Virginia International Raceway. We have the track booked for not one but TWO days on September 29th and 30th. Then on October 1st we'll be able to enjoy some special daytime gatherings with GT team members and do a final night blowout.

What will you have the opportunity to do at V.I.R?

• Run your Ford GT on the world famous 3.27 mile road course, used for the annual Car and Driver "Lightning Lap". With a 4000 foot front straightaway and over 130 ft of elevation changes, the full course is America's closest thing to a Nurburgring.
  • Take Ford GT thrill rides with Ford GT team experts like "Mean" Gene Martindale and Mark "211.89 mph" McGowan and Ford GT Forum Pro Ron "Roketman" Savenor.
  • Get some instruction on vehicle dynamics and control on the V.I.R skidpad
  • Go flying through the dirt during SVT Raptor Thrill rides on the secret off road course.
  • Test your skills on the 5/8ths mile, 24 foot wide Go Kart Track. Who will be the Inaugural Ford GT Forum Karting Champion?
  • Meet, greet and relive memories of the Ford GT program with many Ford GT team members. We're aiming to bring more members this year than any year previous.
  • Watch Rich and Dennis aka The GT Guys work out of the garages at V.I.R.
  • Get your car dyno'd right on the grounds
  • Check out new SVT Products like the 2011 Mustang GT500 and 2011 SVT Raptor
  • Visit the Aerial Atom production facility
We'll also have the chance to enjoy the scenic roads in North Carolina and Virginia, indulge in some great food, and hang our with some tremendous people.

More than anything else, after the blitz pace of Ford GT National Rally IV, we want to slow it down and get more opportunity to interact with the Ford GT Team, with presentations, new faces, old faces, and information you won't hear anywhere else. We'll have the regulars like Jamal, Gene, Kip, Rich, Dennis, Camilo, etc, but we really want to bring in some people we've been missing and bring some really special people we've never had before. With a little luck, maybe some of the guys from the 12th Floor might stop by.

logo.png

aerial-09-sm.jpg

full_course_simple.jpg

thumb_kart_aerial.jpg

kart-041108.jpg

Full details will be available at the end of the week, but just to get a preliminary head count for hotel purposes (the details of which will be forthcoming this week), who's coming?!? :cheers

1. DBK
  2. MAD IN NC
  3. Cyclenirvana
  4. Camilo Pardo - Ford GT Chief Designer
  5. Jamal Hameedi - Ford GT Program Manager
  6. Gene Martindale - Ford GT Driving Dynamics
  7. Mark McGowan - Ford GT Driving Dynamics
  8. Alex Szilyagi - Ford GT Team
  9. Heffner Performance
  10. shelbyelite
  11. Chip Beck
  12. fjpikul
  13. PL510*Jeff
  14. Spirit
  15. Dbtgt
  16. Flylow
  17. SuperB
  18. FB GT40
  19. KDO GT
  20. pe2unia
  21. jamie
  22. gtjoey
  23. The Grey Ghost
  24. xrayman396
  25. w.a.nelson
  26. RADGT
  27. GTJIMMY
  28. THamonGT
  29. GordonWolf
  30. Specracer
  31. AZSTAD
  32. Ralphie
  33. HiloDave
  34. Roketman
  35. RedGT
  36. Blue Moose
  37. Lightning
  38. Ed Sims
  39. Connor-San
  40. Tony Nowak
  41. Stormcat
  42. Tiger 6
  43. PilotJPW1
  44. Red GT 1442
  45. Apollo
  46. jaxgt
  47. Indy GT
  48. KJD
  49. BigInch Blake
  50. ONBOOST
  51. Shadowman
  52. Mark06GT
  53. Waldo
  54. CJ428
  55. TrackDay
  56. 1418
  57. Beach-GT
  58. FlorIdaho Chris
  59. S592R
  60. AJB
  61. JBG
  62. steved57
  63. pauleddy

I'm not feeling the love! I had no idea this was set put put me down! #64?

Will book a room in a bit.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
52 weeks in a year and this has to be the same week as Viper Invitational--damn.:frown I am getting a Final edition Viper and am told I may have to be at the viper event to pick it up.

If that changes, I will be at VIR which is 2 hours from my house whereas the Viper event is way away in Utah.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Rally

Good work DBK. I'm in.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Hotel booked... I'm not feeling the love either...

Asked to be put down and still not included in the fun...

DBK PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR 2 :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It's easy....All you need is..........

I'm not feeling the love!

Hotel booked... I'm not feeling the love either...

Asked to be put down and still not included in the fun...
DBK PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR 2 :biggrin

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bigs & Ray,

We'll try and squeeze you in. :biggrin

Hey Ray, the Rally is 1250 miles from your house. Dinner is at 7:00 pm on the 28th. If you drive your GT and maintain the same speed you have been averaging lately, you will need to leave your home by 2:35 pm on that day to make it to the restaurant on time! :banana

And I just noticed you have joined the 1000 post club!! :cheers

Chip

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
It's starting to look like I am in too. I made Hotel reservations.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
THANKS CHIP :cheers

We will have to make sure we bring this....

Attachments

• Florida  Exotics Event 2010 007.jpg
    Florida Exotics Event 2010 007.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 110