Probable pricing

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Here we go. The tension is building.

Maybe a hunger games type lottery! Flip your Gt, Death to you.

I think we should race our 05/06 Gt's at The track to qualify to buy!!

DBK. Can you add that to the Rally schedule?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As long as there are turns involved, I like this idea....

I think we should race our 05/06 Gt's at The track to qualify to buy!!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
How Chrysler handled it.....

In 2002 Dodge created a lottery drawing for the first run of the new body style 2003 SRT Viper. It was available only to original and current (both) owners. Applications were only accepted through VCA (Viper Club of America) so membership was necessary as well.

Winners received an official vouchure from Dodge to take to the dealership of their choosing. There was no dealer allocation penalty so negotiating was straightforward. No vouchure - no early cars - no profit.
After taking delivery of the Viper the new owner was not restricted from immediately selling the car. IMO a real tip of the hat to loyal customers.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
As long as there are turns involved, I like this idea....

I'm not so sure I like this idea, unless there is also a prize for being in last place...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think this was taken out of context. A very close friend of mine was present during this interview (actually pretty casual setting) and the intent was actually in our favor for many of us. Without elaborating too much, the "right people"are those true die hard individuals who will promote the brand and not flip it ($$$) after getting it. This process of determining (selecting) recipients will be more involved than you can imagine. Stay tuned.

x 2.

Read between the lines.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
the "right people" are those true die hard individuals who will promote the brand and not flip it ($$$) after getting it.

Flippers need not apply.

That makes sense to me.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I promise to keep mine for at least 25 years, by which time I'll be drooling in a nursing home somewhere!

SPEEDGT

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2007
At 400k there are so many choices... Gonna be a tricky place for Ford. I love the car but if 400k, I'd probably pick a used Aventador. Don't have the money for either but would not pay that much for V6. Rather pick up an Aventador or Carrara GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how

SPEEDGT

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2007

how about a new McLaren priced at $184,900

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So if some of you were able to purchase around $400k and then Leno, Verlander, or anyone with deep pockets offered you $1mil you honestly would pass??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Just got my hopes up again!
With such a low production number, the decision who gets one will take "a team" at Ford in itself!! From my standpoint, not interested in spending that kind of $$$ on anything else. Sure would look nice next to my 05!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Early orderers of the McLaren 12c, before it came out, had to sign a document giving McLaren the right of first refusal if they wished to sell their car at any time during the first two years. I had no problem signing that and would do the same for the NFGT

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Not really interested in buying a 2017 GT but.............maybe FORD should offer original 2005/06 owners a shot a buying one first - only fair.

Last edited: