Probable pricing

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
My take is if <300 they will all sell w/o problems.

And if >400k early adopters only for years 1 & 2.

At >400k, the competitors will all have something "new and very special" in the market with on 24 months.

In the end, it's how they roll the dice at Ford.

Fingers crossed this is the case. One of the most special things about the '05/06 GT is that it was the absolute best buy (because it was alone) at its price point. Nobody could touch it, it is significant. North of 400K what becomes available will tarnish the shininess of the new 6 cyl Ford.

Or.. maybe there are enough billionaires now that it doesn't matter if it is $600K. I'm amazed at how the low mileage GTs do at auction now.

C'mon Ford.... pump these things out like Vettes. Doesn't have to be rare to be special.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
already heard someone is willing to pay 800k for first one!

I predict the first civilian vehicle will be at Barrett Jackson with a charity auction to JDRF and it will pull $1M+ (even without Ron Pratte)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
C'mon Ford.... pump these things out like Vettes. Doesn't have to be rare to be special.

YYYEEEEEESSSS!

'Couldn't agree more.

Still...w/o a V8, ole Pockets would likely be a 'no show' for one regardless. :facepalm: :leaving:
'
('Sorry, but, price-or-no-price...be it the 'hot ticket' or not...no matter if its EcoBoost had a dozen turbos...I still wouldn't want a V6. :bored)

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
YYYEEEEEESSSS!

'Couldn't agree more.

Still...w/o a V8, ole Pockets would likely be a 'no show' for one regardless. :facepalm: :leaving:
'
('Sorry, but, price-or-no-price...be it the 'hot ticket' or not...no matter if its EcoBoost had a dozen turbos...I still wouldn't want a V6. :bored)

I feel the same - unless its really cheap (so to speak).

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
At 400k there are so many choices... Gonna be a tricky place for Ford. I love the car but if 400k, I'd probably pick a used Aventador. Don't have the money for either but would not pay that much for V6. Rather pick up an Aventador or Carrara GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I predict the first civilian vehicle will be at Barrett Jackson with a charity auction to JDRF and it will pull $1M+ (even without Ron Pratte)

The Shelby GT350 went for $1m at the January life style event in Scottsdale. I'd think/hope this one would be a bit higher.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Shelby GT350 went for $1m at the January life style event in Scottsdale. I'd think/hope this one would be a bit higher.

I think they could auction the crown jewels at BJ for charity auction at BJ and the top would be about $1M. Well, probably not because there is a lot of ice there. But the base value of most of the charity auction things are about 80K and the rest is a charitable donation. Pratte's bus did get $4M but it probably had an underlying value of 1M in its own right. So I would guess that something with an intrinsic value of 400K might get $1.5M but probably won't get $5M.

I'll also note that this year's Scottsdale BJ had lots of deep pockets after the Pratte vehicles. I'll reserve just how big charity donations work out until next year.

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'm going to say Ford will shock everyone and price them at $299 plus options.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
My guess is 249k plus otions. And there will be a premium $$$ color option.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm going to say Ford will shock everyone and price them at $299 plus options.

...and by the time one checks the box beside each option available, he'll be looking at $400K or darned close to it. :wink

I'm real curious to see what the dealer markup is going to be. 'Bet it'll be a dandy...especially if the car's 'sticker' is anywhere under $300K. :willy

Buuuuuuut, opinions are like navels...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That's funny...

January life style event in Scottsdale..

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The new GT is really something in my book .I think its great to see the GT legacy continue.The beauty of the new GT is that it doesn’t take any of the shine off our cars .That was nicely stated to me by Cobra (Rick Hanson)
Lets face it price is relative to what you are comfortable spending.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I bet there is no options with this car or very little options. Its already got c.f package, carbon brakes, what really could be an option for int?? wheels maybe but doubtful..At some point in the next year we will know i guess..

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I bet there is no options with this car or very little options. Its already got c.f package, carbon brakes, what really could be an option for int?? wheels maybe but doubtful..At some point in the next year we will know i guess..

Black is the fastest option .

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
...and by the time one checks the box beside each option available, he'll be looking at $400K or darned close to it. :wink

I'm real curious to see what the dealer markup is going to be. 'Bet it'll be a dandy...especially if the car's 'sticker' is anywhere under $300K. :willy

Buuuuuuut, opinions are like navels...

With a limited production run of some stated 1200 GT's I'd be surprised if there will be any options other than perhaps a "Ganassi/Ford" themed paint scheme and wheels.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There will be a number of boxes available to check

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

With a limited production run of some stated 1200 GT's I'd be surprised if there will be any options other than perhaps a "Ganassi/Ford" themed paint scheme and wheels.

Playing devil's advocate: Each electronic nanny could be made a separate "option". (Reread the first 3 words before you start " :box: ". :facepalm:)

Regardless, you KNOW Gulf paint will surely be one...and that option was, what, $10K last time around? And, as Dan suggested, there might be (likely will be IMHO) a different wheel option. 'Sound system too. And for some reason, I be thinkin' there could be a heater/A/C DELETE option as well...for the hardcore track-types.

There are many ways the game could be played... :wink

'Just MHO.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
There will be a number of boxes available to check

Good to know. Thanks!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
And for some reason, I be thinkin' there could be a heater/A/C DELETE option as well...for the hardcore track-types.

For the hardest-core track types a totally stripped down model equipped more or less like the real race version would be a perfect addition to the Parts Department list. Then the privateers have a real solid starting point.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Playing devil's advocate: Each electronic nanny could be made a separate "option". (Reread the first 3 words before you start " :box: ". :facepalm:)

Regardless, you KNOW Gulf paint will surely be one...and that option was, what, $10K last time around? And, as Dan suggested, there might be (likely will be IMHO) a different wheel option. 'Sound system too. And for some reason, I be thinkin' there could be a heater/A/C DELETE option as well...for the hardcore track-types.

There are many ways the game could be played... :wink

'Just MHO.

Actually I dont "know" that Gulf paint will be an option. Maybe that is something Ford decides should be left to the originals raced with that sponsors support and those with the 05's and 06's.

My guess, and clearly it's just that, is Ford intends to win LeMans with this new beast and it may be fitting to have colors that represent the new effort.