GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very cool!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
One big frickin kid, with the biggest frickin' toy box! ;)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
these are the first thing I will buy when I get my fire truck!

btw, dont plan on doing any suspension work!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...dont plan on doing any suspension work!

Obviously!

"One size fits all" (so to speak) rarely applies to anything...but, these come as close as one may ever get to having a totally portable hoist that can be installed in minutes one corner at a time and used anywhere inside one's shop where there's room to put a car. That includes places into which one couldn't even maneuver an assembled 4-poster equipped with casters!

'Overhead' clearance for the units themselves wouldn't be an issue in low ceiling situations either. ;-)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Not so easy to service tires, wheels, or suspension components with this set-up.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
They are HUGE and seemed like they need a lot of space to jockey them around. Wonder if something lower capacity (12k lbs, I too dont have a fire truck in our collection) might be a more manageable size. Ill suffer with our old school 2 and 4 posters. I didnt make it to the end of the video, do they have arms like a 2 poster that can be attached (1 arm per lift mechanism)?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Wonder if something lower capacity...might be a more manageable size."

I believe 'twas mentioned in the vid that the lowest capacity units they make are either 14K(?) or 16K(?).
Likewise I believe, say, 6K-8K at most would make more sense for the average hobbyist. 14K and up would be like killing a house fly with a nuke.

"...do they have arms like a 2 poster that can be attached (1 arm per lift mechanism)?"

"Arms" were not mentioned.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Cool technology. Great for industrial-strength applications but a bit of overkill for the home do-it-yourselfer. I bet a scaled back version would move off the shelves.