Picked up a new track toy :)

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
New Radical SR3 1500cc painted up in Gulf Livery...

Hadn't driven one before and spent the day getting used to it... Car is absolutely AWESOME!!!

Here are some pics...

attachment.php

[video=youtube;eSOeqKYYXqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOeqKYYXqA[/video]

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 406
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 404
  • photo 14.jpg
    photo 14.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 406
  • photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 407
  • photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
what kind of transaxle is that?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Forget the "I wanna be like Mike" phrase, I wanna be like Ray would be more fitting!:thumbsup
Awesome Ray. Can't wait to see it!:biggrin:thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
basically this is a hayabusa engine and transaxle which has been modified for this application.... even has reverse :biggrin

shifts FAST and chose the paddle shift option to give plenty of room in the cockpit over the shifter...

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Forget the "I wanna be like Mike" phrase, I wanna be like Ray would be more fitting!:thumbsup
Awesome Ray. Can't wait to see it!:biggrin:thumbsup

:agree::agree::agree::agree: :lol :cheers

There is really nothing more to say.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sweet as always

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Awesome now it just needs a turbo:)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
as i used to own a hayabusa powered ultra light sandrail, i have for a long time considered buying a radical. i never did like the chain drive option as the chain stretch is a pain in the ass to deal with on a car that weighs so much more than a motorcycle. i heard that people were having problems with the gear boxes and never pursued it any further. i take it that they have eliminated all the problems with the gear boxes now and they work trouble free?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You sure know how to paint 'em. Nice job painting this forum green with envy too. Keep 'em coming.

H

HHGT

Wow Ray you never seem to stop the surprises from coming. Enjoy every minute...:thumbsup:thumbsup

BTW, is that R on the asphalt stand for "Radical Ray"?:banana:banana

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
what kind of transaxle is that?

It's a Power Drive gear drive, Quaife builds them for Radical. Unlike the 'busa's transmission output sprocket to chain to rear wheel sprocket this goes transmission to a differential.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
It's a Power Drive gear drive, Quaife builds them for Radical. Unlike the 'busa's transmission output sprocket to chain to rear wheel sprocket this goes transmission to a differential.

has this arrangement ever caused any damage to a busa's transmission?

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
has this arrangement ever caused any damage to a busa's transmission?

More weight means the 'busa tranny and clutch will be the weak link but their are aftermarket clutch and trans gears that will help. What kills the trans and clutch are the shock load when dumping it. With the Radical you're running a road course so your life should be increased compared to what would happen with the average sandcar.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
More weight means the 'busa tranny and clutch will be the weak link but their are aftermarket clutch and trans gears that will help. What kills the trans and clutch are the shock load when dumping it. With the Radical you're running a road course so your life should be increased compared to what would happen with the average sandcar.

jumping my sandrail caused the most chain stretch.... enough so that it made me wonder if the radicals drivetrain setup would increase the strain on the Busas trans versus a chain driven setup.

anyway, i bet it won't be long before Ray turbo's his :cool

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Ray, you never cease to amaze us.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I think anything in the Gulf color combo would probably look awesome :) Nice looking ride... enjoy

H

HHGT

I think anything in the Gulf color combo would probably look awesome :) Nice looking ride... enjoy

I had a special first lady in a Heritage Colored outfit that I proudly used as my Avatar and got slapped on the hand by our moderators. It must have been the roundel & #1 I added...

So NO not everything looks great in Gulf Colors, but Ray's Gulf treatment to the track car is a beauty....

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I had a special first lady in a Heritage Colored outfit that I proudly used as my Avatar and got slapped on the hand by our moderators. It must have been the roundel & #1 I added...

So NO not everything looks great in Gulf Colors, but Ray's Gulf treatment to the track car is a beauty....

Sam, I missed that one, so sorry :( Send me the pic via e-mail and let me be the judge :)

Timmy