Pe2unia's new bling! Billet braces

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh my word, those look REALLY GOOD!!!! Not that I'd expect anything less from pe2unia, but for me its from out of left field since I wasn't expecting anything new like this. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Wow John, you guys do nice work. Any guess on price?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very nice!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow John, you guys do nice work. Any guess on price?

Thanks Luke! As you can imagine the pictures don't do them justice. :eek I did talk with the machinist early this morning and his thoughts are in the range of $1,600 for a complete set of 4 braces (tops and bottoms) based on a group buy of 10 sets or more. I will be posting some more pictures of the lower braces by the end of the week to give everyone an idea of the finished product. Based on this estimated price for the complete set with hardware I will start a list for those who are interested so that we can confirm the price as a group buy. :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think they would look real good black anadized also.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think they would look real good black anadized also.

I have become a huge fan of the Black Chrome look :eek I think that would look great as well!

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
The stock braces are 2lbs 11oz and the custom braces are 3lbs 12oz so if my math is correct approximately 1lbs 1oz heavier.:thumbsup

Are they stronger? or just for looks?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Yes they are stronger but I like them for the looks:banana

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

The supports on the GT are to help keep the back end of the car both rigid and square. The billet units are 3 times more rigid and reduce torsional twist greatly so what this equals is Better more predictable cornering and better traction both in road racing and in straight line performance. The stock supports were designed with stock horsepower in mind so with many cars being modified the stock units will flex more as the Billet ones won't.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
so where do we sign up??

I will have a set!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
so where do we sign up??

I will have a set!

I have you on my list and I will get the information to you in a day or two as they will ship early next week:thumbsup

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
I have you on my list and I will get the information to you in a day or two as they will ship early next week:thumbsup

THANKS!

Are they easy to install for an idiot like me? Or do I need to get my tech's to fit them next time it's in for work?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
THANKS!

Are they easy to install for an idiot like me? Or do I need to get my tech's to fit them next time it's in for work?

These are very simple to install just be careful of the rear glass when using a ratchet to remove and install the braces. Also a little blue tape on the braces for protection would be a great idea (shadowman would be proud as well). Don't want to break any glass:ack You will have 6 bolts on each side taking no longer than 1/2 hour to complete the whole job. I would lay down a blanket across the engine compartment to protect you from scratching other components as well as a good safety net just in case you drop a nut, bolt, or washer. Removing the belly pans for a washer will triple the installation time. :ack

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here is the order form that DBK put together for us. Pictured on the order form are the top braces only but the price on the order form will include all four braces (tops and bottom). Pictures will follow soon on the bottom braces.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/struts.html

Thanks again DBK:cheers

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Cool - all paid for and watching the mail!

Armrer

GT Owner
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Arizona
Very Cool! Only one problem...no 'signature space' :biggrin

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Cool - all paid for and watching the mail!

Got it Grant! They will ship next week:thumbsup

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
The draw back

Just paid Two sets,Im going to have to back to work or should i say get a real job.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just paid Two sets,Im going to have to back to work or should i say get a real job.

Got it Crayne:thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here are a few pictures of the bottom prototype braces that I installed today.:banana

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_5325.jpg
    IMG_5325.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 250