Pe2unia's new bling! Billet braces

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here is a new project that KDO GT and I came up with just in time to show off at the rally in Texas. :biggrin The prototype of the bottom braces will be complete at the end of the week so more pictures to come. What do you guys think???:eek:eek

Attachments

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
the quality of the vents was top notch so i think these braces will also be of the highest quality. we are lucky to have such an innovative supplier of quality parts for our cars. pe2unia just keep them coming....and thanks my vents are terrific.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shelby has Kevin's car at his place doing a little extra plastic surgery so here are a couple of pics of the braces that he had chromed. :eek:eek:eek

Attachments

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
the quality of the vents was top notch so i think these braces will also be of the highest quality. we are lucky to have such an innovative supplier of quality parts for our cars. pe2unia just keep them coming....and thanks my vents are terrific.
Thanks Guys:thumbsup
Our machinist has 5 sets of Braces not spoken for so whoever wants a set come on and sign up:cheers

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think Chip will have to spend some more of his hard earned money!!

:thumbsup:thumbsup :lol :lol :lol

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Very nice as always!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Are they as rigid as the stock pieces?

Best Regards,
Waldo

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Lovely!
AJB

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here are a few pictures of the bottom prototype braces that I installed today.:banana

Attachments

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Sweet!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Very Interesting look. How much do they weigh compared to the stock units ?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
John, you guys have a lot of talent no doubt. Why didn't you make them with the same symmetry? IMHO it would look better.

Will you guys sell just the tops? Thx!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Grant, Great photo of your car !! :thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Awesome! Hopefully I'm handy enough to install these before the Rally. :thumbsup
I will post a detailed installation step by step procedure to help all during the process of installation. Give me a couple of days and I will get it posted.:cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
billet braces

Why not carbon fiber?

Ed

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here are a couple of pictures of the final product on the lower braces as we added a little more material in the center section with some other small adjustments. For those who have purchased these sets the plan is to ship on Friday. :thumbsup

Attachments

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John, you guys have a lot of talent no doubt. Why didn't you make them with the same symmetry? IMHO it would look better.

Will you guys sell just the tops? Thx!
The design is the same as the tops but just a bit smaller. We went with the same size as the stock set up so that everyone's fire suppression will still work. Yes I am sure we can work something out for just tops just PM me if that is your final decision and we will get the ball rolling.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Why not carbon fiber?

Ed
Because Pe2unia is Mr. CNC and Kip is Mr. CF. :lol

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
John,just ordered a set of the braces:banana.What a great mod!Only problem is that now i want the clamshell vents too:eek Any chance you have a set of those left?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Great answer Ice. Damn, you guys are going to force me back into doing autopsies for money.