Party in the new Man Cave !!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Awesome set up! Love the second story walkway.... will be fantastic for collection photography shots!

looks like there will be a ton of fun there in the future!

future rally spot? :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
GREAT looking setup! Enjoy the heck out of it! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I would assume it's "detached"?

If so, you're fortunate to live where you do. Our local code says 800 sq ft MAX...unless a variance is 'approved' by ones neighbors (essentially)...well, good luck with that here. ('Been-there-tried-that several years ago.)

:facepalm:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
You never screw around Ang! Very sweet!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Not yet but soon. He is a serious Nascar fan.
Ya might wanna think twice about having Rob Ford over there - you know, with his issues with crack and uttering death threats lately...just sayin...he ain't the most popular mayor around these days eh!

Here ya go, a tribute to your city, not that mine's better...LOL

Toronto-Hockey-Team-Sucks-and-Mayor-Smokes-Crack.jpg

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
GREAT looking setup! Enjoy the heck out of it! :thumbsup:thumbsup

I would assume it's "detached"?

If so, you're fortunate to live where you do. Our local code says 800 sq ft MAX...unless a variance is 'approved' by ones neighbors (essentially)...well, good luck with that here. ('Been-there-tried-that several years ago.)

:facepalm:

EP it is attached to the house via the main garage. up here you can build up to 25% of the lot area. I actually could build up to 33,000 sq.ft of house and or garage. I have more land to the rear and east of the house.

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
FBA Rob Ford is not my mayor. thank God. he is defenitley raising the awareness of Toronto though.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hey roketman, thx. The GT40 is a CAV from South Africa. It was the first one in Canada and Ford of Canada used it as part of their display at the Toronto International Auto Show when they announced the GT for Canada. They had it parked beside a blue with white GT.
It is for sure a recreation but 95% accurate to 1075. 48 IDA webbers, RBT transaxle, right hand drive, right hand shift, dual fuel tanks in the door sills, correct decals and 40 inches tall. Also been featured in number of magazines.
Wow ,thats cool! my favorite redos are the ones with the true to period right hand drive.
I may be doing a race next summer at Mosport.If so I am going to try to find time (if thats ok by you) to vista the man castle in person!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP it is attached to the house via the main garage. up here you can build up to 25% of the lot area. I actually could build up to 33,000 sq.ft of house and or garage. I have more land to the rear and east of the house.

...and here all I wanted to do was build a dinky little 1,400 s.f. garage/shop! :lol

Enjoy your 'cave! :wink

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
...and here all I wanted to do was build a dinky little 1,400 s.f. garage/shop! :lol

Enjoy your 'cave! :wink

EP move up here and I am sure I can make some room for you. Heck since you don't drive your cars I can store them and maybe even drive them for you. :biggrin :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP move up here and I am sure I can make some room for you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...wifey IS a Canadian citizen herself (Vancouverite)...mebbe I ought to give that offer some serious thought! :wink:thumbsup

You may 'rue the day'!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Wow ,thats cool! my favorite redos are the ones with the true to period right hand drive.
I may be doing a race next summer at Mosport.If so I am going to try to find time (if thats ok by you) to vista the man castle in person!

sure come on down. mosport is a great track. done it a few times with the GT.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

Hey Ron, keep me posted with your Mosport plans... Love to come see you.

I did not know . where do you live in Burlington?

The bluffs.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
The bluffs.

Do I hear a mini cruise starting.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi jamie140 good for you. That is my development that I started. How long have you lived there? I am a little farther to the west.

Love for a rally to be up here in the Toronto area and make a stop in Burlington about 30 minutes west of Toronto!!!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
IMG_20131206_125932 c.jpgIMG_20131206_125900 b.jpgthe girls are asleep for the winter. :sleep: :thumbsdow:ack

Attachments

• IMG_20130528_140721 a.jpg
    IMG_20130528_140721 a.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 331

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Looks like a few sneaked out for a late night date!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hey Ron, keep me posted with your Mosport plans... Love to come see you.
Absolutely will!

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
View attachment 32181View attachment 32182the girls are asleep for the winter. :sleep: :thumbsdow:ack
Angelo,
How does one get around out building(man cave garage) restriction. Got approval for footprint. Have a 14' height restriction. It would look silly with such as low roof line peak.
House roof height would be approx. 29'

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Trust me when I tell you that, in the end, it likely won't be "restrictions" that shoot your project down (if it is shot down).

It'll be your so called 'neighbors'. :bored