paint code

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
anyone know what the paint code is for the belly pans? or if the paint is even available?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I had the underside of my hood repainted and the body shop used a nonspecific low gloss black to repaint it. It was a perfect match. I'm guessing the GT Guys are the best source for an official paint code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'm not sure if they scanned it to match it but a shop could scan a belly pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I painted one of my riveted pans with a roller while it was on the car using high temerature enamel. Good match to the stock color, and held up well for years.

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Had my new clam vents painted... was stressing over the code. Dude said it was the black that Ford uses, I was skeptical. Matches perfectly.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/9519-Help-Need-Paint-Code/page2

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
MarkII black is "UA"

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
From the factory it was applied thru the E coat process. The entire frame was E coated in black then the silver was painted in the interior and engine bay areas before assembly. When we replace or repair these belly pans we have then E coated to look OE again.
In a pinch you could have it painted gloss black and clear coated but it may not match the other side exactly.