White06FordGT

Feb 14, 2014
Awesome Review!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Amazing read! Amazing revue! Did I miss something? Are you an automotive journalist?

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
This was a joy to read Mitty. I actually missed picking up my kids reading your write up. So awesome. Thank you. Keep them coming and for petes sake just go buy a 918!!! :)

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Lets have a look at the engine

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Great writeup, WM. Too bad we aren't closer to each other....an SLS vs SL65 Black Series comparo would be killer.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
I just purchased a 2013 SLS GT and I will have to say it is awesome! I have not driven a 2011 or 2012 but the manual shift is very quick! I think they worked out the kinks! Granted it is no Black series but it is unreal!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I just purchased a 2013 SLS GT and I will have to say it is awesome! I have not driven a 2011 or 2012 but the manual shift is very quick! I think they worked out the kinks! Granted it is no Black series but it is unreal!

Congrats and good to know. I'm going to start looking for a depreciated one next year.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Sitting on a perfect beach in Aruba on a perfect day with a perfect read.
Thank you.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
A friend told me there was a gorgeous white sls black at palm beach concourse d elegance. Anyone saw it? Pictures?

Aug 25, 2006
I enjoyed the read, thank you.

Takes care

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lets have a look at the engine

Ha, looking under the hood of this car is the same as a vette. Great view of plastic covers! Even the F458 & Lambos will only show you the intake manifold & airboxes. To see a real engine with the headers, etc pop the hood/rear deck lid on your GT!

Ed

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Sitting on a perfect beach in Aruba on a perfect day with a perfect read.
Thank you.

I was just there 2 weeks ago! Beautiful ain't it!

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Fantastic write up Mitty! Your reviews are so well written informative and entertaining. Thank you.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I was just there 2 weeks ago! Beautiful ain't it!

Picture says it all :wink

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 350

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397192891.600139.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397192907.369940.jpg

Saw this gorgeous BS today in coral gables

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
So W. Mitty......the Black Series gone already? Was it replaced by the Mclaren? Do tell!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
So W. Mitty......the Black Series gone already? Was it replaced by the Mclaren? Do tell!

Yes, I sadly parted with the Black Series. Not a reflection of the car, simply didn't fill a vacancy in my modest collection. Yes, got the 12c. Man, oh man, what a car...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Do you live in a sales tax free state? Every time I ponder buying a car to keep for a short period I get hung up on the sales tax.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Do you live in a sales tax free state? Every time I ponder buying a car to keep for a short period I get hung up on the sales tax.

Spec, if you trade the car the amount of the trade which is credited against the purchase price of the new vehicle isn't taxed, at least in Florida. I believe this is also true in most states. It helps keep the wheels of the auto business greased. This is one of the advantages of trading a car, rather than selling privately, particularly with high value vehicles. The tax savings can be substantial. I don't want to speak for Mitty, but I suspect most people in his position trade rather than sell privately.

Last edited:

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Spec, if you trade the car the amount of the trade which is credited against the purchase price of the new vehicle isn't taxed, at least in Florida. I believe this is also true in most states. It helps keep the wheels of the auto business greased. This is one of the advantages of trading a car, rather than selling privately, particularly with high value vehicles. The tax savings can be substantial. I don't want to speak for Mitty, but I suspect most people in his position trade rather than sell privately.

Texas taxes on trade difference, I live in OK and we are taxed on the sale price of the purchase vehicle. I believe the rate in TX is 6.xx%, while here in OK we pay 3.25%.