roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jan. 3, 2012
GSP Racing

GSP Racing Enters Pirelli World Challenge

Brooklyn, NY - GSP Racing announced its entry in the 2012 Pirelli World Challenge Championships with a GTS Ford Mustang Boss 302s, driven by Alfonso Perri and owned by Gino Lucci. GSP will operate with Capaldi Racing for the 2012 Sports Car Wars season.

GSP Racing will run a Ford Mustang Boss 302s in Pirelli World Challenge GTS.
“This year will be the beginning of a Life long ambition,” said Gino Lucci, team president. Lucci was born in Naples, Italy, and opened a auto-body repair shop in New York in the early 1970s. Soon after, he modified some cars for an up-coming movie with NASCAR-style roll cages. He founded a new venture in the film business and after 36 years, Lucci provides anything on wheels So far supplying cars for approximately 1,600 major films, and over 10,000 commercials.

“The thought of heading a race team for the Pirelli World Challenge was inconceivable to me six months ago, now that dream is becoming a reality ,” continued Lucci.

Alfonso Perri added: “The goals for this season are to represent GSP racing and our sponsors in a professional manner both on and off the track. Being that we are a new team I will focus on learning and delivering valuable information to the team every time I'm on track. I also hope to challenge for rookie of the year in the Pirelli World Challenge.”

Perri began racing karts at the age of 11, quickly moving to Europe to race on the international stage. He spent time in Formula F, driving for legendary prep-shop SRP, based on Long Island.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
All right Gino! You come with built in fan's. Just don't paint the Boss red please!

The docs head is big enough......

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Gino,

Congratulations on your new venture. Very exciting. We are all your lead fans.

Stu

H

HHGT

Congrats Gino.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Exciting to hear Gino, I hope they let you scuff the tires before each race or maybe co-drive ocasionally. Congrats and good luck on your new venture. Tomy & Sue

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I spoke to Gino Toninght. I hope Gino get all the financing he needs. Always the best of luck my dear friend.

GTNJ

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well Rocketman, I don't think your status as boy racer is in danger. Congrats Gino. Do we get free pit passes?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Congrats Gino - let me know if you need an extra hauler. :biggrin:thumbsup

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Congrats and best of luck!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Best of luck in your new venture!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
COOL Gino, I remember Leo from the Mumm brother days a LONG time ago. Great stuff, and hope you have a great season!!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Thank you to all my friends and well wishers..........It makes me feel really proud to have my GT buddies interested in what I am doing. To answer some of you, the car is white...(lol) (sorry Frank)....and take a look at the racing schedule at the World Challenge Web Site. If I am near any of you, just let me know and I will gladly get you guys on the inside.........We will be in California for 3 races, Miller in Utah, Toronto, Mid Ohio,Detroit..(frankie you up for it?)and St.Petersburg Fla. Once I get permission from our illustrious Leader, I will have a GT Forum Logo on the car . Ron you should know that you were my first driver choice......but, you know the drill with the wives....we definetly have that in common..(lol)..........Lot's to do...will keep you guys up to date on the racing aspects.........If there's any interest from any of you that can benefit from the exposure on the car, please let me know and I will be glad to explain it, as we are a bare bones racing team.

Gino

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Gino, congrat's!!! Looking forward to some great stories at the next Barn party with Joey and the gang!!!

John

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Gino AGURI!!!!!!Buona Fotuna!!!

Let me know when you are in Toronto as I am only 30 minutes away. I know some great Italian restaurants to eat at as well in the big smoke as we call it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This is great news! Congratulations Gino, you deserve every accolade. You better win the whole damn thing tho... you've got a Ford and Pirellis, what else do you need?

Send me a race patch for my track suit. I want to be an official member of the team.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
That is awesome...Congrats!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Good to hear of this race program.

Go Gino Go

Be safe and have fun.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Good luck Gino to you and your team. Wishing you many checkered flags. Just make sure the driver keeps the rubber side down.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Awesome! Best of luck with the project:thumbsup

:cheers
Anders

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Gino, My fellow spagetti-man from N.Y,,,,,. Make us all proud my friend.
All the best of Luck and brig the Boss 302 home in one piece after each race to keep your costs down!!!

Hay, maybe GTJOEY want's to race CP-1 with you?!!???!!