On the Road to the Rally

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Almost 300 miles of Texas Hill Country. Narrow two lanes full of hills and curves with 70 mph speed limit. Driving as fast as is prudent, your worst ticket is 10 over. :biggrin But, we saw no patrol cars and had no radar hits. This would be a great place for a future rally, with host hotel in Austin.

5D3_8224.jpg

5D3_8226.jpg

5D3_8232.jpg

5D3_8235.jpg

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
NICE,

Hope you had a cool beverage in Luckenbach. Great rodes in that area. Watch for a bunch of Cobras in the area. Houston Cobra Club is spending the weekend out there playing.

Larry

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Nice Pics . Reminds me of Rally IV if I recall when we stayed in Austin. Drove to Texas Mile in Goliad Texas. '''Bugs as big as Birds..'''
ajb (andy)

ps - we are leaving today..see everyone soon.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Dirtiest my car has ever been. Rained coming from transport drop off spot, then the bugs, coming back from either Golaid or TWS......

Reminds me of Rally IV if I recall when we stayed in Austin. Drove to Texas Mile in Goliad Texas. '''Bugs as big as Birds..'''

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 487

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Nice pics, Gary. I take it you're driving not trailering.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice pics, Gary. I take it you're driving not trailering.
Trailering, but we're in the San Antonio area (New Braunfels) for a few days. We unloaded for a tour of the Hill Country.

I forgot Rally 4 was here. Still some of the finest driving roads anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Mustang crowd was at Terlingua this last week and oh the bugs.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Have fun! You'll really need to clean that car when you get to Vegas!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I figured I'd wait til after the drive with you on Monday to wash the car. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
World's biggest gas station? 30 islands. 120 pumps. 68,000 sq ft "convenience" store. 18 acres. 250 employees. $2.83 regular. $3.08 diesel. Buc-ees in New Braunfels TX (I-35).

5D3_8253.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
wow!

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Actually we have the newest Buc-ee's in Texas City, Texas which just opened on 25 Acres and 300 employees. This one is between Houston and Galveston on I45 South. The developer of this concept started off 28 miles from here in Lake Jackson, Tx. And only wanted to offer CLEAN RESTROOMS and it went from there. Each store has a different theme and merchandise. Store's theme here is Beach and Fishing. Very Friendly and sells everything from Beaver Nuggets to Go-Pros, Rods and reels, every type of food, Gas (cheapest around), yetti coolers, Bar-B-Que pits and smokers with 30 lbs of Ice for $1.00. Interesting Note: Does not allow Big Rigs on premises but welcomes motor homes . Over 150 gas pumps. This passed summer the place was packed every weekend. Totally caters to the traveling tourist. Only in Texas for now but every State is begging for Buc-ee's locations as per owner. What a marketeer and Beaver was his nickname when he was a kid. ha ha.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^Quite the marketing scheme. Apparently, they get 1 cent/gal tax break + other benefits, at least at the New Braunfels location.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Spotted today (Saturday) at about 1 PM on I-10 in west Texas. About 800 miles from LV. Should be a Sunday arrival.

photo 1.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Border Patrol. I-10W in NM. Your federal tax dollars at work.

[video=youtube_share;EnJ4nvGjOYw]http://youtu.be/EnJ4nvGjOYw[/video]

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Ballsy if that is a word

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don’t get why you wouldn’t tell him whats in the trailer?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^Because I had 25 Hondurans packed in there, and I was already past the sniffer dog.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
^^^Because I had 25 Hondurans packed in there, and I was already past the sniffer dog.

They must have been adults. I've seen your trailer and you could get at least 35 kids in there.