OEM Windshield Replacement Availability?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hi guys,

I need to replace my windshield and was wondering if anyone knew of availability issues these days. Any recent efforts to procure an OEM replacement been a challenge?

Thanks.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
not at all. I order OEM windshields for a kit car builder all the time that uses the GT windshields. Guardian industries will build windshields for the GT for as long as we need them. they are the Ford supplier which also installs the radio antenna lead as factory spec.

Reactions: canibl

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
not at all. I order OEM windshields for a kit car builder all the time that uses the GT windshields. Guardian industries will build windshields for the GT for as long as we need them. they are the Ford supplier which also installs the radio antenna lead as factory spec.

Awesome. Great to hear, thanks.

eric dauber

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2014
Are there two different windshields for my ‘05 GT? I’ve been told there are two different locations where the antenna connects. Thanks

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
simon on the forum here has one he wants to sell

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
simon on the forum here has one he wants to sell
SOLD already

eric dauber

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2014
Thanks the local ford dealer told me that there are two different locations where the antenna attaches to the windshield and that mine is not the correct windshield for my car. He said one location is by the center rear view mirror and the other is in the lower right hand corner. Is he correct? Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, yet another 1st time poster! Welcome (even though you have been registered for almost 5 years).

On the windshield, I would have thought that with the VIN the dealer would be able to ID which part you needed.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Yeah, your dealer can see the Ford notes regarding the windshield. For windshields installed on cars manufactured before a certain date, an antenna wire extension adapter is required to install the currently available windshield with the antenna connector top middle by the mirror. I had the notes emailed to me by my dealer but cannot find it to send. Your dealer should have the info based on your VIN and/or the cars manufacture date. I will keep looking for the notes and post them here, if I can find them. I think the notes had the adapter part number also.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Found the Ford notes on the windshield antenna adapter, see attached. Should adapt the old style antenna to the new style windshield with the top center antenna connector. Probably should verify everything. My car is the new style so I have not had to follow-up or verify the notes. They are from Ford, however.

How come I cannot attach anything? Trying to attached a PDF, cannot figure out how. Anybody help me here?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I now have the ability to attach stuff. Maybe this is too late, but here are the Ford notes on installing the newer style window with the upper center antenna connector on the early 05 cars.

Attachments

• GT Wndshld Adapter.pdf
    942.7 KB · Views: 28

eric dauber

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2014
thank you, this is very helpful.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I now have the ability to attach stuff. Maybe this is too late, but here are the Ford notes on installing the newer style window with the upper center antenna connector on the early 05 cars.
What is FUBA antenna module? My 05 GT has always had terrible AM radio reception. Is this a fix?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I don't know. Would look that way based on the Ford notes. Maybe the antenna was relocated in the windshield as well, thus the top center connector. Where is your connector?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I don't know. Would look that way based on the Ford notes. Maybe the antenna was relocated in the windshield as well, thus the top center connector. Where is your connector?
My connector is in the top center

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
The module is listed as part of the conversion for the side mounted windshield.

eric dauber

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2014
Ok, this is where I'm at. The antennae relocation kit that High HP provided above lists 3 part numbers. 4G7Z-1613-AA (bolts), 4G7Z-18812-AB (cable assembly), and 5G7Z-18812-AA (amplifier). The problem my local Ford dealer is seeing is that 5G7Z-18812-AA is no longer a good number. The picture he is looking at shows the amplifier and cable assembly as one piece. So he's not sure what to order. If it's wrong he can't return it. So far he can't get a straight answer from Ford. So my question is, did Ford make the cable and amplifier one piece and if so, what's the part number? Thanks.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I will be at my dealer tomorrow. What is your VIN, I will let you know what they show. My dealer has figured out ordering Ford GT parts, it can be non-standard. All three part numbers appear to be available if you google them.

eric dauber

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2014
1FAFP90S85Y400219

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I have everything you need. All available, no time now. Will send details later today.