OEM billet replacement side vents anyone??????????

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
These are a no brainer for anyone that intends on keeping their GT. You would never know these aren't stock, except that they won't get a case of the squiggles in the heat. These are very well done pieces of equipment. Job well done to those involved.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Got mine! Can't wait to put in all my billet vents. Thanks again!!!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
** UPDATE **

I was just informed that the production of these vents is coming to a close as such I ordered a few sets to tuck away because the likelihood of them being created again is IMO slim and none.

Once the tooling and fixtures have been put away the idea of setting t he system back up for a solo set here and there would become cost prohibitive.

It is for this reason that I encourage all to make a decision soon as to whether these are interest to you because the window of opportunity to closing.

FYI at the present time the OEM plastic replacements are over $300 retail and if as expected the prices continue in the upward direction it will not be long before these billet OEM replacements are on par from a price point and yet will forever be the better piece.

In closing; there is nothing in my sharing this other than my knowing that a last opportunity was presented to all.

Takes care

Shadowman

You ratholer you :lol :wink

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Pe2unia
Great job with the vents, I couldn't be happier. They arrived last week, finished at the powdercoater yesterday and installed without a hitch. IMHO, they look better than the OEM and will definitely last longer. As far as a must haves, these vents should be on the top of the list.
John
IMG_0886.jpg

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Black on red looks great.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Black on red looks great.
Thought it would be easier than matching the Mark IV Red. Thank you Shadowman for your help :thumbsup

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Yea the vents are a must have! My oem ones where bad! Thanks again for taking on this project!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Everyone that has placed the orders should have the top and side vents delivered to them by now:banana. As a note from the machinist, KDO GT, and myself it has been an absolute pleasure to have provided such quality products at an affordable price as well as being able to making a small contribution to all of the great members of this fabulous forum.:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I thank you profusely Pe2unia.

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Well I don't know if I'm mad (at myself) or just disappointed (at myself)... I committed to buy the Side Vents and thought they were paid for (by PayPal). I just received my bank statement and realized I never purchased these. I am still interested in the Black powdercoated if another set is available or put me at the top of the list if there is a second go-a-round... Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Well I don't know if I'm mad (at myself) or just disappointed (at myself)... I committed to buy the Side Vents and thought they were paid for (by PayPal). I just received my bank statement and realized I never purchased these. I am still interested in the Black powdercoated if another set is available or put me at the top of the list if there is a second go-a-round... Ed

No worries

If Petunia does not have another set I have a few rat-holed away

Just let me know

Takes care

Shadowman

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Thanks Shadowman... let me know how to pay for these and I'll do it tonight!

Regards...

Ed (Fast Eddie)

Aug 25, 2006

Regards...

Ed (Fast Eddie)

I will be happy to

PM me and I will fill in the blanks

All the best

Shadowman

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Regards...

Ed (Fast Eddie)

Shadowman and I have spoken about the vents as our machinist has plenty of them setting on the shelf and ready for immediate delivery. Just as before paypal $700 for a complete set of black powder coated side vents to info@tricountyaire.com as this does include shipping.:cheers

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Done...money sent via PayPal!

Best regards... Ed (Fast Eddie)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Got it! Shipment will go out in the morning:cheers

Aug 25, 2006

FastEddie

Thank you; I chatted with Petunia earlier today wanting to have those if any remaining sold though Petunia first so as to take care of the machinist that went out of his way to create these jewels and when they are gone I have a few sets tucked away.

All the best

Shadowman

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Let's take care of those machinists... I have a machine shop with CNC equipment and look forward to seeing the skills your guy has to make these. Had to be a real challenge!

Aug 25, 2006
Let's take care of those machinists... I have a machine shop with CNC equipment and look forward to seeing the skills your guy has to make these. Had to be a real challenge!

Thank you for the comments; I have no doubt that once received you will see that the fellow did a fricken stunning job of recreating these pieces

Takes care

Shadowman

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank you for the comments; I have no doubt that once received you will see that the fellow did a fricken stunning job of recreating these pieces

Takes care

Shadowman

You can't tell them from original until you tap on them and get a ringing sound instead of a cheap plastic thud.

Perfect.:thumbsup