OEM billet replacement side vents anyone??????????

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
When are you gunna start making Tesla stuff? :rofl:rofl:rofl

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
And to think a set of these vents made it all the way to Germany:willy
How do you like them Desi? :banana

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Guys, I would love to post a picture of the new vents, but I still have a 35mm camera and my 15 year old (who has a digital camera) is in NC. All I can say is they look just like the stock vents when installed, but will last FOREVER.

Very pleased!!!
:cheers
John

ps- I replaced one of my vents at about $250 a year ago, hard to believe these aluminum vents are more or less the same price as OEM !!! :thumbsup

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
My side vents arrived yesterday ... black .. and I must say perfect! These are better than I expected. Thanks for taking so much effort. I was thinking of programming my CNC mill to make mine and I'm glad I did not waste the time. They are much more complicated than you think at first glance. Thanks again! :banana

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Black on red looks great.
Thought it would be easier than matching the Mark IV Red. Thank you Shadowman for your help :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Put me in for a billet set.:thumbsup

Thanks.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Pe2unia - PM Sent!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Pe2unia, got my screws. Thanks a million. Put them on this morning. Frank
If you get some time Frank post some pictures of them there bad boys:biggrin

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My side vents arrived yesterday ... black .. and I must say perfect! These are better than I expected. Thanks for taking so much effort. I was thinking of programming my CNC mill to make mine and I'm glad I did not waste the time. They are much more complicated than you think at first glance. Thanks again! :banana
I am glad you liked them Donald.:thumbsup I must say our machinist put countless hours in on this project making sure it is as close to perfect OEM as possible and I think he hit it right on. I don't think most people understand the quality of this product as he can only produce three sets a day with the machines running 24 hours around the clock:ack. The sad part is he put a group buy price together for us with the thought of moving 75 plus sets but we have barely gotten over half of that in orders. With that in mind if we could get our members to post some pictures as well as comments on this thread as they get them maybe we will spark some interest for those who are still on the fence. Thanks Donald for the kind words:cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Outstanding.

A black powdercoated set for me please. :thumbsup

Chip

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Billet side vents

Thanks for doing these. Please put me in for one set powder coated black.

usmcfred

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Black OEM side vents ordered!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Installed

Just installed. I got the black powder coated and they look great, but do not have the annoying bend at the ends. Thanks for everyone involved in this project.:cheers:cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
John,

Just got the set today. WHOOOWEEEE they are awesome! I was going to go to my cabin after work today, but now I think I'll go home instead and put these on. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pe2unia, I think it's because not everyone frequents the Forum as often as they should. I personally called some of the boys to make sure they got an order in.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pe2unia, one set of black powdercoat for me please. I'm still in Europe, but back later in the week. Thanks Frank

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Yea the vents are a must have! My oem ones where bad! Thanks again for taking on this project!!

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
pe2unia

Do you still sale the top events, if so can I order those too?

Best Regards,

Chuck

Aug 25, 2006
This look wonderful; as expected

Takes care

Shadowman

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'll take 2. Sets that is!! Black Powder Coated please.

Last edited: