OEM billet replacement side vents anyone??????????

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
shipping update

For everyone that purchased the plain billet side vents they are all being shipped Tuesday morning. :thumbsup We hope to pick up another small batch of the black ones from the powder coater sometime tomorrow to ship on Wednesday morning and the final group of vents should be done sometime Friday unless we get more orders in between now and then. And for the early birds who just received theirs please post some pictures soon.:banana

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Guys, I would love to post a picture of the new vents, but I still have a 35mm camera and my 15 year old (who has a digital camera) is in NC. All I can say is they look just like the stock vents when installed, but will last FOREVER.

Very pleased!!!
:cheers
John

ps- I replaced one of my vents at about $250 a year ago, hard to believe these aluminum vents are more or less the same price as OEM !!! :thumbsup

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
pe2unia

Do you still sale the top events, if so can I order those too?

Best Regards,

Chuck

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
pe2unia

Do you still sale the top events, if so can I order those too?

Best Regards,

Chuck

I have told a few members over the last couple of days that there are a couple left (first come first serve) so if you want a set please do so soon.:cheers PM sent

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
shipping update

More black powder coated vents are boxed up and will go out Wednesday morning as the final group of vents will ship sometime during the first of next week.:thumbsup

P.S. Sorry DBK and Shadowman you guys will be on the next shipment:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
More black powder coated vents are boxed up and will go out Wednesday morning as the final group of vents will ship sometime during the first of next week.:thumbsup

P.S. Sorry DBK and Shadowman you guys will be on the next shipment:cheers

No worries from this end

Thank you for the update

Shadowman

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thank you John :thumbsup
Great talking with you today and my PayPal is done.
I look forward to receiving these, and as I mentioned on the phone I look forward to getting time to put all the rest of the Bling on the car as well.
As they say - "a cobbler's kid doesn't have shoes".
Trent

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Too funny I am buying stuff for my GT and I still have not received my car! I have bought the side and top events, the new switchblade key and the window shade.

You guys are a bad influence.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank you John :thumbsup
Great talking with you today and my PayPal is done.
I look forward to receiving these, and as I mentioned on the phone I look forward to getting time to put all the rest of the Bling on the car as well.
As they say - "a cobbler's kid doesn't have shoes".
Trent

Got it! Thanks Trent :thumbsup
See you in Texas:banana

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Too funny I am buying stuff for my GT and I still have not received my car! I have bought the side and top events, the new switchblade key and the window shade.

You guys are a bad influence.

Hey Chuck, I received your payment as well but I do need to know if you want Custom top vents or OEM top vents. If all goes well we will have these shipped out early next week.:cheers

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
The custom top vents! Do you know where I can get them clear coated so the don't fade? Would you recommend them clear coated or is there another process?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The custom top vents! Do you know where I can get them clear coated so the don't fade? Would you recommend them clear coated or is there another process?

Gotcha! I hope Shadowman can chime in on the coatings for the vents as he has a good handle on this.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
My side vents arrived yesterday ... black .. and I must say perfect! These are better than I expected. Thanks for taking so much effort. I was thinking of programming my CNC mill to make mine and I'm glad I did not waste the time. They are much more complicated than you think at first glance. Thanks again! :banana

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My side vents arrived yesterday ... black .. and I must say perfect! These are better than I expected. Thanks for taking so much effort. I was thinking of programming my CNC mill to make mine and I'm glad I did not waste the time. They are much more complicated than you think at first glance. Thanks again! :banana

I am glad you liked them Donald.:thumbsup I must say our machinist put countless hours in on this project making sure it is as close to perfect OEM as possible and I think he hit it right on. I don't think most people understand the quality of this product as he can only produce three sets a day with the machines running 24 hours around the clock:ack. The sad part is he put a group buy price together for us with the thought of moving 75 plus sets but we have barely gotten over half of that in orders. With that in mind if we could get our members to post some pictures as well as comments on this thread as they get them maybe we will spark some interest for those who are still on the fence. Thanks Donald for the kind words:cheers

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Black OEM side vents ordered!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Awesome side vents!

I just received mine and they are absolutely amazing! Exact duplicates of the OEM side vents. The amount of time and effort invested to reproduce these pieces is obvious to those of us who have tried to do this type of thing before. These are a "MUST HAVE" item IMHO!
Thank you Pe2unia for accomplishing this amazing feat! :cheers

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I'll add....if you don't get a set of these while they are available I think you will be sorry in the long run if you plan on keeping your car. I also bought the top vents from Shadowman adventures and they are equally nice.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
:cheers can't wait..John R0X

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I'll add....if you don't get a set of these while they are available I think you will be sorry in the long run if you plan on keeping your car.

:agree:

:thumbsup

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

What he said. :thumbsup

John