Noble M400

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
As a track day car what do forum members think of the Noble M400 with turbo charged Ford V-6 engines. Are they reliable? Handling? Anyone had/driven one? Any infromation good or bad would be helpfull. Just looking for a good track day car that woun't break the bank.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I looked at one years ago. As a track only car I think a Ariel Atom would be a better choice. IMO the repairs and maintenance with be harder on a M400. Take a look inside the engine bay.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I drove one a buddy had. Very fast. But a bunch of little issues.
Additionally a guy that frequents WGI had one and got rid of it.
Same reason.
I would suggest a 2012/2013 Boss 302.
Of you have more,...than a 302-S factory prepared car.
Or a Z06 (last choice)

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Take a look inside the engine bay.

Kind of looks like a pile of assorted hoses.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
My buddy had one blew 4 engines and finally had to almost give away.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
As a track car the only thing that holds up/doesn't brake down is a porsche gt3. If money is no problem a gt3 rs 4.0

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
PM sent

Hollowpockets

GT Owner
May 15, 2014
Aberdeen, UK
I have a noble M400, owned for 6 years, quite reliable machine that handles great, I converted it to a race car last winter and this year I'm racing (and winning) in the Scottish sports car championship, and the GT cup, in the UK. Beating 911 GT3 cup cars, 458's and all sorts, with 500bhp and 1050kg race ready. The car does have a 600bhp map but I don't need it.

Great road car though and will only let you down, if you don't keep up good maintenance.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Please post pictures of you Noble M400 for all to see.

Hollowpockets

GT Owner
May 15, 2014
Aberdeen, UK
In road form...

In race trim this year...

G

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
As a track day car what do forum members think of the Noble M400 with turbo charged Ford V-6 engines. Are they reliable? Handling? Anyone had/driven one? Any infromation good or bad would be helpfull. Just looking for a good track day car that woun't break the bank.

Does it have a dry sump oiling system? With sticky tires, I'd want a track tool to have a dry sump, or I'd be concerned about oil starvation issues in long high G corners. I don't have specific M400 knowledge, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)