GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Lol!
:)-)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just to clarify, What looks so classy it the crinkle finish combined with the painted center piece on top of the manifold.

Makes me wonder if that theme gets carried onto the skin of the car :confused

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
stock intake and exhaust? interesting. Lowered?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stock exhaust manifolds. They may not look great, but they make power, and definitely make more torque than a set of headers. Put the T&A lowering kit on it.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
normal changes to the fuel system? BAP. injectors?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No BAP and stock injectors. I never ran a boost-a-pump on my white car until I added the billet compressor wheel turbos and ran a little more boost.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Cool. Nice project. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I have Whipple on my GT. Have instant torque. 766 on pump. Is there a lot of lag? Would a Whipple beat a twin turbo from stop light to stop light? How is the sound?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cool. Nice project. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Thank you sir! I've been watching your Detroit project progress. Last night was an all nighter of work on it. Very cool!

I have Whipple on my GT. Have instant torque. 766 on pump. Is there a lot of lag? Would a Whipple beat a twin turbo from stop light to stop light? How is the sound?

I don't think there's a lot of lag. It's all relative when you're talking about cars that go 60-150 in like 6-7 seconds. Even if you've got to wait a second for it to get a full head of steam, by the time you've thought about it you're already going warp speed. I think both a Whipple GT and a TT GT would suck from a stoplight. :lol One spins the wheels too much and the other bogs unless you dump it at high rpm. Sounds nasty. Through a non-stock exhaust, you really hear the turbos spooling.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Thank you sir! I've been watching your Detroit project progress. Last night was an all nighter of work on it. Very cool!

I don't think there's a lot of lag. It's all relative when you're talking about cars that go 60-150 in like 6-7 seconds. Even if you've got to wait a second for it to get a full head of steam, by the time you've thought about it you're already going warp speed. I think both a Whipple GT and a TT GT would suck from a stoplight. :lol One spins the wheels too much and the other bogs unless you dump it at high rpm. Sounds nasty. Through a non-stock exhaust, you really hear the turbos spooling.

I can launch hard from a dig with my Whipple. I just slip the clutch a bit and then roll into full throttle. I can beat my buddies GTR from dig;).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think both a Whipple GT and a TT GT would suck from a stoplight. :lol One spins the wheels too much and the other bogs unless you dump it at high rpm.

Not if you have traction and launch control. :biggrin:

I was playing around with it on the Thunderhill's skidpad and found that a 2500 RPM launch with a release of the clutch from fully depressed to fully engaged in about 1/2 secs works well. Probably a higher launch RPM and slightly slower clutch release would work better, but I have a stock clutch and don't want to fry it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not if you have traction and launch control. :biggrin:

I was playing around with it on the Thunderhill's skidpad and found that a 2500 RPM launch with a release of the clutch from fully depressed to fully engaged in about 1/2 secs works well. Probably a higher launch RPM and slightly slower clutch release would work better, but I have a stock clutch and don't want to fry it.

I'd be interested to see a 0-100 mph time. I know a TT GT can do it in 6.1 seconds. :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I'd be interested to see a 0-100 mph time. I know a TT GT can do it in 6.1 seconds. :biggrin

I'll see if I can look one up. I am not the best shifter in the world so my times are not good have to shift to 3rd with the 3:90 gears. What I do know is when all of us were at Hennessy's drag strip durng the TX rally Ed Sims, Tom Piana and I had the best times, Ed and I both had the TC system. Note this was the 1st time I tried the system on the track. I think I can do better now better understanding how to use the system and having Hoosier instead of GY tires. Tom was right up there with us in his GTX1 and just a pulley and tune. Tom really knows how to drive on a drag strip and gets the most out of the car. I went up against him and every time I shifted I lost ground. Some have witnessed him do a burnout off the line at Sears Point for at least 1/3 of the track! The smoke off of the tire looked like dual contrails from a jet engine! During the Hennesy event some owners with TT understandably didn't run at all due the close concrete walls on the narrow strip. Quite easy to hit the wall if you lose traction and are not as skillful as Tom P. is.

Last edited:

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Here is a race with my buddies P800 GTR http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=C9o6vew8mBg

Firefox won't load that video?? Can you just link it here? Sounds very interesting.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Firefox won't load that video?? Can you just link it here? Sounds very interesting.

Try deleting the m. from the URL.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Try deleting the m. from the URL.

Yep, Thanks

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN

Excellent news, thanks.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Allow me to direct you to the 30 second mark. Does that look like too much lag? :biggrin

[video=youtube_share;4y2FtGtnVWY]http://youtu.be/4y2FtGtnVWY[/video]

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sorry - I'm just not into street racing...