NFGT running at Sebring

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sounds pretty good!

Don't know why only the link vs imbedded.

[video]https://youtu.be/x95ViD9AUsA[/video]

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Andy -

use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95ViD9AUsA

[video=youtube;x95ViD9AUsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95ViD9AUsA[/video]

I could never get "youtu.be" links to work either.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
U
Sounds pretty good
[/vQUOTE]

But, it only has two pedals....;-)))

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

That's OK - I only have two feet!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Glorious sound and the looks .... Bellisimo!

Vince H

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
On the over run it sounds like it has a blown diffuser - got that deep rumble like the F1 cars had when they ran blown diffs

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Still a way, way, preproduction transaxle. Downshifts are grotesque!! Blah!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's OK - I only have two feet!

Yes, for this car I'll make an exception to my "manual only" policy.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I love race cars!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After seeing this beauty, I could find nothing that I didn't like about it. Sound, Design, and all. At this point we don't know what the street version will sound like. The race version will be tweaked even more , now that they are testing it on different tracks. After seeing the 4 and 6cyl. engines at Roush, which were old engines I can see why The new GT will have a twin turbo 6cyl. There's no weight and size to them and HP is unlimited. I'm sold.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh I know... And emotionally speaking, it's missing 2 cylinders, but I'm over all of that, and totally on board with the concept.

U
Sounds pretty good
[/vQUOTE]

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Oh I know... And emotionally speaking, it's missing 2 cylinders, but I'm over all of that, and totally on board with the concept.

Ford does listen to the customer. They didn't hear from you, so your allocation is being built with three pedals. So we're gonna' need McGowan to sort out that extra device on the floor, and of course, the speed control. :biggrin

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If it's fast, and looks like it does, 2 or 3 pedals, v6 v8, I'm good. Stress the fast, for sure.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It better be North of 675hp for the street car to be competitive. You can only add so much lightness, even with all that CF. if it comes in less than 2900lbs I'll eat my hat!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Careful Dave. You live in Texas and hats there can be quite large (to fit their heads). Do you prefer felt or straw?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Careful Dave. You live in Texas and hats there can be quite large (to fit their heads). Do you prefer felt or straw?

+1

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It better be North of 675hp for the street car to be competitive. You can only add so much lightness, even with all that CF. if it comes in less than 2900lbs I'll eat my hat!

This is likely to be another disappointing factor of the fact that this is a race car first. It is designed to be best in class for a LeMans GTE class vehicle. There the key is HP:weight ratio, not "raw horsepower", and the street cars will not be too much different from the race prepped versions (although they will carry more weight, as in air bags and bumpers, etc). Sure, the Hellcat is 700+, but as the video said, you can't turn an elephant on a dime.

Minimum weight for a LM GTE class vehicle (2015) is 1245kg = 2745lb. I'll bet the racing version comes in very close to that. Street version with all the safety extras will probably be over 2900 but I'd bet still under 3000.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ask any chassis design guy if he would rather carry ballast where he wants is (or where rules say) or have a heavier car....

Minimum weight for a LM GTE class vehicle (2015) is 1245kg = 2745lb. I'll bet the racing version comes in very close to that. Street version with all the safety extras will probably be over 2900 but I'd bet still under 3000.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ask any chassis design guy if he would rather carry ballast where he wants is (or where rules say) or have a heavier car....

Ballast isn't permanent, so it can be added to tune for the track conditions. My bet is they will try for the lowest base weight possible so that ballast can be added where appropriate. Ballast would be required if the weight were under the minimum.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Straw is my prefered hat, with a full-bodied Merlot.

Still think I'm pretty safe here, did you see how much electronic sutff the road car will be carrying?