NFGT Battery Charger question

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Mercedes SLS has a magnetic charge connector in the trunk.

True. My SLS has this magnetic connector with the same CTek charger that my 2018 GT has. Works great.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
when I purchased mine the three piece set was not available but I also bought a few more sets to try out on other cars. I have not decided where to install it on the 05 yet but it will be somewhere under the car that will be easily reached from the outside for a quick connect. the cool thing about these, is that incase you forget to disconnect them you can drive away and they will just come loose without too much drama.

I can’t tell you how many times I drove away with my charger still connected. I even crushed a CTek charger with one of my tires while backing up. I’m ashamed to say how many cords I’ve destroyed.

Reactions: Ed Sims

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
This thread is in the 2017+ section.....

Yeah, I know. Just couldn't help myself. it works for me.

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
For the people with the 2019's....is the new rear charging port a magnetic one or a something else?

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
For the people with the 2019's....is the new rear charging port a magnetic one or a something else?
It is a 12 volt lighter plug.

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
Thanks for the info!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Trade it in for 2019 ;) Ok a little Frank rubbed off over the years....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do you guys know there is a new charger coming with the newer cars? It will wake up a sleeping battery.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Do you guys know there is a new charger coming with the newer cars? It will wake up a sleeping battery.
perfect for 99% of the cars out there if they ever wakeup at all.. however, sleep is overrated

Reactions: Ed Sims

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Mine has it. The charger has a button on it to surge the battery a small amount to wake it up.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
$400 for the new Ctec charger from Ford. I have not seen it anywhere else.