Los Angeles
Can we get matching GT colors?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Very COOL Florida Chris, I didn't see the price out the door but if you can repost it that would help. KJRGT. lets get two, we can keep them at your house and I will pick mine up when I need it, deal?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very COOL Florida Chris, I didn't see the price out the door but if you can repost it that would help. KJRGT. lets get two, we can keep them at your house and I will pick mine up when I need it, deal?

Atomic'-Here's a link to their price list from their website.

http://www.trailex.com/viewprod.cfm?id=12&mcat=93&cat_id=93

Final price obviously depends on options. They also run monthly specials. I think they are discounting $400-500 this month.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Somebody educate a Texas dumbass. What is the advantage of having a winch to tow the car into the trailer? Don't you still need someone in the car to steer it straight? The tow hook location on the GT is offset to the side so towing it from the center of the trailer should tend to make it pull sideways if not steered. And if you have to be in the car to steer it anyway why not just drive it in under it's own power?

Like I said, Spirit really wants to know.:rofl

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Somebody educate a Texas dumbass. What is the advantage of having a winch to tow the car into the trailer? Don't you still need someone in the car to steer it straight? The tow hook location on the GT is offset to the side so towing it from the center of the trailer should tend to make it pull sideways if not steered. And if you have to be in the car to steer it anyway why not just drive it in under it's own power?

Well, I have a winch to put the car in the trailer in case it doesn't run. Though that would never happen to my GT :wink , I do track a Lotus. If it breaks or heaven forbid, crashes, I can still get it home.

And even though the GT has an offset tow hook it does pull quite straight. There is also a long extension remote control for the winch so you could actually sit in the car and operate it if you wanted. I personally like to walk beside it and steer through the window and winch it in. It is easier on the clutch and I can see better what is going on.

Hope this satisfies "Spirit's" curiosity. :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
More Abuse

THAT's RIGHT OLLIE.:thumbsup

Well, I have a winch to put the car in the trailer in case it doesn't run. Though that would never happen to my GT :wink , I do track a Lotus. If it breaks or heaven forbid, crashes, I can still get it home.

And even though the GT has an offset tow hook it does pull quite straight. There is also a long extension remote control for the winch so you could actually sit in the car and operate it if you wanted. I personally like to walk beside it and steer through the window and winch it in. It is easier on the clutch and I can see better what is going on.

Hope this satisfies "Spirit's" curiosity. :thumbsup

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.:eek

YOU GUYS ARE JUST PLAIN CRUEL.:bang

I DON'T HAVE TO GET ON THIS FORUM TO GET THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT.:bang

ALL I HAVE TO DO IS LISTEN TO MRS. SPIRIT.:bang

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
You cannot beat the security of having a winch in the trailer. I have raced lotus and vintage mini and cannot count how many times I have had to pull it out. It really is allot easier on the car and mind especially if you have a tight trailer, try moving a GT half an inch up hill sometime. I got on this forum a while ago and I have to say this is the first time I have heard a real insult.
You spent a buck and half on a car, maybe another 5 or 6 large on the trailer, the winch for a few bills is pocket change. When I replaced my backhoe I realised I was chaining it down with binders and chains that were 30+ years old. They got replaced with the same mind set.
Do it once, do it right and enjoy it a life time.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
......... I got on this forum a while ago and I have to say this is the first time I have heard a real insult.........

What insult?

Are you talking about us giving abuse to Spirit? It's all in fun I promise, as is his reply. :lol :lol :lol Hell, if we talked civil Spirit would probably think we didn't like him any more!

Spirit you want to chime in here and put Dan at ease?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What Insult?

What insult?

Are you talking about us giving abuse to Spirit? It's all in fun I promise, as is his reply. :lol :lol :lol Hell, if we talked civil Spirit would probably think we didn't like him any more!

Dan,

At Ease. :biggrin

Take a deep breath.:biggrin

Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em.:biggrin

Most here would agree with your statement of, “Do it once, do it right and enjoy it a life time.”:thumbsup

As Chris says, there have been no insults intended toward anyone :frown [except maybe towards Dr. Frank:rofl ].

As Mrs. Spirit tells me, I ain’t smart enough to be offended.:lol :rofl :lol

A little “jousting” builds camaraderie and friendships.:thumbsup

Some “GREAT” people on this Forum :thumbsup, and we all can learn a lot from each other. :cheers

Fred

Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing.
You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things.
- Ken Kesey

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
. When I replaced my backhoe I realised I was chaining it down with binders and chains that were 30+ years old.
:party :party :party :party
Tell us more about your ho, keep her chained in the basement, do yah??

I can relate, I hate it when mine escape.
Bony

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What insult?

Yeah, only a Texan can call another Texan a dumbass and get away with it!

Generally speaking, when there's a little man rolling around on the floor laughing at the end of a post, it was meant as a joke and is usually taken that way. Spirit is one of the biggest jokesters on the forum and loves to give as well as recieve!:lol

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Congratulations on the trailer Chris....and ANOTHER GT!:cheers

they said that the build on this trailer was completed like 15 days ago. they built it specifically to display at the B-J this january in order to try and get people to place orders for their trailers. so this might just be the one you saw. i am not sure when you picked yours up? in addition to towing a ford GT i will be using it to tow my viper too. in the pic below here you can see my V-10 powered ford F-250 superduty that i will be towing it with. i use my open bed tilt trailer to tow my ford lightning, camaro SS and my sandrail.

6986scan0004.jpg

Great picture.:thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Smile

Yeah, only a Texan can call another Texan a dumbass and get away with it!:lol

You had better SMILE :biggrin when you say that PARTNER.:slap

:cheers :rofl :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Spirit, are you sayin' I gotta move to TX before I can get away w/callin' Silverbullitt a dumba$$? :shrug Hmmm... Might just be worth it. Could I ride a horse to work?:rofl :banana

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You Have Permission

Spirit, are you sayin' I gotta move to TX before I can get away w/callin' Silverbullitt a dumba$$? :shrug Hmmm... Might just be worth it. Could I ride a horse to work?:rofl :banana
MJ,

Greetings From Texas.:thumbsup

You do have "permission" to refer to Silverbulitt as a dumba$$ at anytime [he deservers it] :rofl.

You don't even have to move here for this "Special" Dispensation.:frown

We have decided that all GT owners [and those that appreciate these fine machines] should have the status of "Honorary Texan" :thumbsup even if they are living out in the "colonies".:willy :eek :willy

Fred

PS. Riding a horse to work can be a good thing, just ask Mrs. Spirit.:eek

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Man I hope my wife doesn't see that trailer. I usally have her drive it in and then I strap it down and let her out when I arrive. It makes for a quiet and peaceful ride.:wink

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Sorry for digging up an old thread but........I am thinking of buying one of these TRAILEX trailers for my FORD GT. My question is will my 2006 F150 (with a 5.4L) be able to pull this thing in the mountains. I live in the Seattle area and getting to points east or south require mountain crossing. Thanks

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Chris pulled his with a Touareg, so.............

How fast do you wanna GO while mountain climbing?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry for digging up an old thread but........I am thinking of buying one of these TRAILEX trailers for my FORD GT. My question is will my 2006 F150 (with a 5.4L) be able to pull this thing in the mountains. I live in the Seattle area and getting to points east or south require mountain crossing. Thanks

Do we have a local dealer?

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Chris pulled his with a Touareg, so.............

How fast do you wanna GO while mountain climbing?

Wanna be able to keep up to posted speed .....say 70