New Roof on my Ford GT (X1)

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ok , she looks more like one of the gals that gets posted on this side of the forum (I'll post some GTX1 only section shots later in the week but wanted to share this with you guys today).

I was one of the few GTX1 owners that got some kind of roof from Gennadi. The roof provided never sealed properly and I abandoned it. The gentleman who takes care of my car collection brought it out of the moth balls last week and set to work fixing the issues. He is 99% done and here are the results.

I also want to point out that this is the FIRST time my ghost stripes ever come out in a photograph (in person you can see them but never in pictures). I found out how to get them to come out by accident (the lighting conditions have to be just right with very cloudy stormy skies).

Notice the ghost stripes extending over the roof!

Enjoy!

roof_01.jpg

roof_02.jpg

roof_03.jpg

roof_04a.jpg

roof_05.jpg

roof_06.jpg

roof_07.jpg

roof_08.jpg

Last edited:

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Beautiful color. Nice roof. Great detail before the photos.

Thanks for sharing!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I've always loved your paint job, and have seen it in person. The ghost stripes are incredible. The intricate roof looks good, but does it seal? I'll add that Kip's new roof is really cool, especially the way the character line follows through seamlessly.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I've always loved your paint job, and have seen it in person. The ghost stripes are incredible. The intricate roof looks good, but does it seal? I'll add that Kip's new roof is really cool, especially the way the character line follows through seamlessly.

well that is the part that needed the fix . I'll post details pictures on how he fixed the seal issue in the next few weeks. He is almost done.

Kip's roof is incredible! I will probably still get the CF one made but want to see this through first.

BTW the roof shown above is actually only 3 pieces (plusr rear window) that store behind the seats. It looks intricate but it is just a center piece and two side pieces and the rear window.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I think you already know how much I love your car. That roof looks incredible!!! Better with the roof off, but wow, such a fantastic car. :thumbsup

I'm glad your guy fixed the roof issues, because I'm glad you now get to keep the car........but call me if you ever change your mind. :biggrin

Ghost stripes look great. :cheers

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Can you fit a Whipple under that bonnet? If you can get it! I love the color!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
:wink (Where's the Gurney Bubble?) :wink

:lol

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
:wink (Where's the Gurney Bubble?) :wink

:lol

LOL that would have been epic...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The number of man hours spent on that top had to be HUGE. :willy

'Outstanding results! :thumbsup:thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
i have never been truly temped by the GTX-1 until now :cheers

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
i have never been truly temped by the GTX-1 until now :cheers

+1

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Thanks for all the comments everybody ! I'll post some more pics as soon as I can.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
The ghost stripes look great.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Looking good Alex. I can only imagine how much time, and money you've spent. Since I've spent plenty of both on mine without much success. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works. :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Looking good Alex. I can only imagine how much time, and money you've spent. Since I've spent plenty of both on mine without much success. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works. :thumbsup

Thanks Rick , it means a lot coming from you.

I want to include some pics (even though these have been posted before) as a comparison with roof off and roof on for future refrences to this thread (should have done that in the first post...sorry).

here is the car without a roof

Z28_GTX1_02.jpg

Z28_GTX1_05.jpg

Z28_Gtx1_04.jpg

Z28_GTX1_03.jpg

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Gtx1

Oh, I love this car.............

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Alex, I really like photo #3. The starbursts are amazing! Like Kip, I love your car!