New owner in West Texas

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Hello, all! Recently added this Red 3 option '05. Currently bone stock. Initial plan is to improve exhaust note & add improve performance. And of course- DRIVE her!! May have questions- thanks to y'all who've patiently answered some to date. Thanks also for allowing me to participate on this Forum. God Bless y'all! JW

Attachments

• FGT 1.jpg
    FGT 1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 576
  • FGT 2.JPG
    FGT 2.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 575
  • FGT Sbux.jpg
    FGT Sbux.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 574

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Mama Mia! What a beauty, and red just plain works on the GT. Back in aught 6, after I sold my white car, I pretty much had my choice of all the other colors. (Remember the fall of 06 when there actually new cars sitting at dealers waiting for buyers?). I was at an American LeMans event, and in the parking lot was a pristine red GT. I was hooked at that moment, and immediately launched a search for a red car. I found it a few weeks later at a tiny little Ford dealer in Pa.

Yes, yes, I know that there is a lot of good-natured kidding about color choice, but there is probably a reason that enchanting superbowl commercial featured a red car. Just seems perfect to me, and yes, reminiscent of the Mark IV that dominated LeMans in 1967.

Congratulations on your new machine. I really dig the six spoke wheels, and I bought a set for my car just to change back and forth when the mood strikes me.

Enjoy it, and welcome the greatest online community on earth!

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congratulations on your FGT purchase. I am also partial to the red FGT but they all look good to me. The FGT community on this forum has been invaluable to me. Just helped a friend install a Stillen X-pipe and oil change while the pan and rear spilitter were off the car. Car sounded great and ceramic coating on X-pipe looked sharp. Tell us more on how you found your FGT.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Congrats and enjoy driving her. Texas is big so how far West in Texas???

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Congrats and welcome. It is great to see the car outside. Ours up here in the great white north have our hibernating now.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As they say ,It's the the one!
Congrats on you new love!
A real beauty

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
welcome you will never regret you purchase

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks, y'all! Agree- not really a bad color on the FGT's!! Great lines make all the colors look good! Enjoy watching 'The One' video!! Am in Odessa, Texas- about 700 miles west of Layfayette. No special story on finding her- just looked & saved for awhile- actually quite a while! Almost think she found me! LOL! Thanks!

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Good job! Plenty of cars for you to run with. Dropped you a PM.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Welcome to the forum, from Wichita Falls!

Eddie:biggrin

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome and enjoy every mile

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Aboard, Hey Lets Fill The State Of Texas With GT'S. You'll enjoy our Special Group.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Enjoy with the best of health!
Mark

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats. Looks like your completely hooked. In that case, you'll fit in here just fine.

Vince H

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Congrats as we'll from another "new" owner.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Welcome and congrats! There are a lot of GTs in the Midland/Odessa area.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks, y'all! Be safe! JW

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome JWZ. This a great forum made up of a lot of good guys celebrating the coolest car. I hope you make the Rally this fall! Much fun!

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Come join us for our annual rally!
More fun can’t be had!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
welcome to the "brotherhood" :biggrin

there are a few of us in the area that you can run with...