New Guy here.... Car cover and or Car Capsule

Idigmywork

GT Owner
May 20, 2023
Boston MA
I purchased an 06 535 mile GT and it is getting delivered in a few days. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a soft cover for when in the garage. Also I was wondering if any has ever used Car Capsule? I might need to store in an environment indoors when there may be more dust than I like.... Has anyone used one?

Reactions: analogdesigner

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
CONGRATS!! (y) 🍻

I don't think it's the cheapest, but I've bought 2 of California Car's Satin Fleece Stretch Fit Indoor Custom Car Cover with Fleece Lining, custom cut for the 05/6 GT, extremely soft inside, dust cover only / would not be waterproof, fits perfectly with no wrinkles and goes all the way right down to the floor to keep dust off the wheels and underside of the car. I paid $303 total w/ ship Sept 2020; prob higher now, but they may have coupon codes out there. It's so nice I bought a 2nd one for our 2nd GT.

There seems to be a lot of car cover makers out there, and I know from reading on this forum that guys here have owned others, possibly as nice as these CA Covers, and maybe cheaper.

I've never owned or experienced a car capsule, but FYI a shipper showed up today to transport my recently sold GT to its new owner, and he covered it with a very lightweight clear plastic wrap that had an elastic band around it. It was big a baggy but completely covered the entire car, and might be sufficient depending on what you're wanting / needing. I don't know the name of it but just texted the driver to ask. I'll post again if he replies w/ anything.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I purchased an 06 535 mile GT and it is getting delivered in a few days. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a soft cover for when in the garage. Also I was wondering if any has ever used Car Capsule? I might need to store in an environment indoors when there may be more dust than I like.... Has anyone used one?
I use a nylon very light weight cover on all my cars. No worries about harsh abrasive material. EBay has them for 38 dollars. Never used the OEM cover.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just go out and buy some soft sheets. Much cheaper unless you want professional-like coverage.

Reactions: HighHP

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
C'mon Frank--are you gonna throw some of Mike Lindell's "Giza Dreams" close-out sheets over a $500,000 car?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't use anything. My 05 car cover is still in the original green plastic bag. My garage is not very dusty. I have all plaster walls.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No cover ! Go drive it!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Do you really want to miss moments like these?

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    940.1 KB · Views: 15

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I do not use covers on any of my cars.
My opinion only, but even soft materials still wisk the dust across the paint during install and removal and could cause spider scratches.
Wash, spray wax and spray detail , gas and drive .
Ajb andy

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Would you drape a towel over a piece of art?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Just go out and buy some soft sheets. Much cheaper unless you want professional-like coverage.
I considered doing that. My woman wasn't having any of it.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Body shops use a very thin, lightweight clear plastic to cover cars. With that you'll still be able to see the car. If you're not worried about seeing it, blue tarp.

Reactions: Idigmywork

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I too avoid covers. I would lean to a 3M sheeting (as mentioned by a few above) if you had to. Nice part, you can toss it after every use, and have a new clean one every time. I dont know anything 1st hand on the capsule things, but they seem clunky to use (again, no direct experience)

Good to hear there is another GT in MA. Welcome , as I see you just joined and your 1st post.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Agree on skipping the cover. I would rather just dust the car off occasionally if that means I get to look at it in the garage.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The capsule takes up a lot of space and can be noisy to blow up.

Reactions: Idigmywork

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Body shops use a very thin, lightweight clear plastic to cover cars. With that you'll still be able to see the car. If you're not worried about seeing it, blue tarp.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I don’t cover my cars in the garage. As far as the disposable plastic cover they would be great inside but got a couple for race cars and tried them at Daytona to keep dew off cars, the moisture from the concrete came up and it was like it was raining inside the cover.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We have 6 or so GT owners in Ma
I’m sure there is more
Where are you in Ma?
I’m in ACTON and Falmouth

Idigmywork

GT Owner
May 20, 2023
Boston MA
I
We have 6 or so GT owners in Ma
I’m sure there is more
Where are you in Ma?