Aug 29, 2006
I have a great feeling that the new ford pinto is in the works

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I didn't see anyone mention the GR1 concept that realistically could come to life, There was a lot in the GR1 that was derived from the GT program.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well, IMO, maybe only exclusivity would exclude the C7 from supercar status. Admittedly, I apply a high weighting to real track performance. In this area the C7 (and even the C6 Z06) can completely embarrass many, many recognized supercars.

Our Z06 is 3000lbs with fuel and 175lb driver and 505HP (stock). But, this 3000lbs is almost perfectly proportioned to each corner which is completely amazing. Then, with very minor inner wheel well mods, the vette can accommodate 305mm tires up front and 345's in the rear.

The price/performance equation of the vette makes a very, very tough target for Ford or anyone else. Just ask Dodge.

You must have stripped off some of the weight. That is pretty light and makes our FGTs look like porkers.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I didn't see anyone mention the GR1 concept that realistically could come to life, There was a lot in the GR1 that was derived from the GT program.

Ya, 'they' did! You're getting old, Stormkitty!:

Another 'modern' Cobra-ish creation maybe (hopefully with a ROOF - at least as an option!)...similar to the one that was shown a SEMA a few years back.

Ford already sampled a modern Cobra (the GR1).

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a great feeling that the new ford pinto is in the works

The Pinto was a real banger of a car!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Pinto and Datsun 510 reigned supreme in SCCA years ago. Don't you remember that?

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You must have stripped off some of the weight. That is pretty light and makes our FGTs look like porkers.

Heavy OEM seats are gone and the cats fell off somewhere along the way but that's mostly it. Carbon fiber OEM Z06 fenders are even lighter than FGT aluminum fenders. Both have completely aluminum frames. Vette has no heavy SC! But, more amazing to me is the weight distribution. When GM pushed the tranny to the back of the car and connected it via a unique torque tube - whoa! a road coarse car was born.

C7 is now heavier but very sophisticated nannies - on par or better than the GTR nannies which enable a heavier car to defy the laws of physics! Well, almost.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Pinto and Datsun 510 reigned supreme in SCCA year sago. Don't you remember that?

I certainly do. 510's Forever!

And Datsun 510's remain competitive in modern SCCA racing today. :driving: There must be nearly 100 that are raced nationwide in vintage events.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
AMT-T-225-2.jpg

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'm not big on spreading rumors .... there is another two-seat sports car in the works, probably more of a Corvette competitor than an update of the Ford GT...
Marty

DBK hasn't commented on this... Which makes me think its true :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
DBK hasn't commented on this... Which makes me think its true :thumbsup

This thread is over a year old. The GT 350R is a two seater so maybe this is the car ??