New Ford GT unveiling

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Friend of mine has a Chiron in two shades of tinted blue carbon. One of the most stunning specs on any car, period. In an ideal world...

post-14752-1512403297.jpg
post-228218-1512444719_thumb.jpg
post-14752-1512405663_thumb.jpg

post-14752-1513004568.jpg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I'm building an exposed CF body race car and we are using a similar finish. Tinted clear is amazing.

IMG-9756.JPG

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Dream theatre...

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
the liquid carbon accented with the right colors will be amazing.......

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
That blue carbon looks very, very cool

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
That is a very nice picture of my car.

Looks orange to me. Keep your hands off it.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is that blue tint in the resin itself or the clearcoat?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Is that blue tint in the resin itself or the clearcoat?
It’s tinted clear coat.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Amy told me you were red/green colorblind

Reactions: Ed Sims

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
They did.

porsche-935-carbon-fiber.jpg

Not that bad of a deal. It's more expensive on a Bugatti Chiron...

935 GT2RS! My distant 2nd choice to a Mk II!

Reactions: Special K

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It’s tinted clear coat.
Ah, thanks.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I was excited to get the email for the Liquid CARBON invite but was NOT Selected Today. Anyone get good news?

Last edited:

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I was excited to get the email for the Liquid CARBON invite but was NOT Selected Today. Anyone get good news?

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Received my email and also rejected.

raisins

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
We were selected! Just got the e-mail at 2PM EST today. Super excited for this opportunity. Didn't know it was going to cost $250k extra though, so that was a bit of a surprise. On the phone with Ford Concierge to find out estimated delivery times, etc.

raisins

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
This was the e-mail:

"Congratulations, you have been selected for the future ownership opportunity of a Ford GT Liquid Carbon. The Ford GT is a masterpiece of engineering, complimented with a unique and timeless design. The appearance is further intensified when paint is not applied, unmasking a fully exposed carbon fiber exterior. The results are quite remarkable and the ultimate expression of the Ford GT supercar. The Liquid Carbon will be manufactured in extremely limited quantities, ownership is a unique privilege.

Among the many reasons Ford selected Multimatic to partner with, in the development and build of the Ford GT is the company’s extensive experience in the engineering, manufacture and assembly of carbon fiber structures and limited-volume vehicles. The company’s experience building iconic carbon-intensive road cars and motorsports vehicles, including the Le Mans-winning Ford GT race car, gives Multimatic an in-depth understanding of the unique material properties and performance characteristics of carbon fiber.

When it comes to building the exclusive Liquid Carbon, the same structural standards of rigidity and strength are used from the painted production Ford GT; however, its exposed carbon weave body panels are far more labor-intensive in all aspects of manufacturing, assembly and finishing.

Carbon fiber shares the signature “organic” nature of any premium composite woven material and, like diamonds, no two carbon fiber weave patterns are exactly alike. The body panels of every Liquid Carbon Ford GT are crafted from a select, single-batch run of material. From tooling surface quality, to layup technique, through to inspection, weave orientation and multiple layers of clear-coat finish, these exposed weave panels require attention to detail and craftsmanship well beyond that required for painted production GT components.

These panels are meticulously hand-fitted in an assembly process that is significantly more time consuming, such that the Liquid Carbon is among the lowest production series of the Ford GT. The result is a genuinely and uncompromisingly unique Ford GT showing off the characteristics and nuances inherent in carbon fiber composite panels.

Because of those inherent characteristics, there may be minor visual deviations in the fabric that are indicative of real carbon fiber ― as opposed to the artificial visual perfection of simulated carbon fiber. Alignment of carbon weave between panels will be held to stringent tolerances, yet some slight weave misalignment or distortion may still occur.

If replacement panels are needed for vehicle repair, a minimum of six months may be needed to produce replacement panels, which will be manufactured to the same exacting quality standards of the originals but may vary slightly in appearance and weave alignment.

Again, congratulations on being selected for this unique opportunity to own a piece of Ford GT history.

Sincerely,
Ford GT Concierge Team"

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, I may not be “1 of 36” but I take great consolation in being “1 of 1350”. (y):giggle:

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
This was the e-mail:

"Congratulations, you have been selected for the future ownership opportunity of a Ford GT Liquid Carbon. The Ford GT is a masterpiece of engineering, complimented with a unique and timeless design. The appearance is further intensified when paint is not applied, unmasking a fully exposed carbon fiber exterior. The results are quite remarkable and the ultimate expression of the Ford GT supercar. The Liquid Carbon will be manufactured in extremely limited quantities, ownership is a unique privilege.

Among the many reasons Ford selected Multimatic to partner with, in the development and build of the Ford GT is the company’s extensive experience in the engineering, manufacture and assembly of carbon fiber structures and limited-volume vehicles. The company’s experience building iconic carbon-intensive road cars and motorsports vehicles, including the Le Mans-winning Ford GT race car, gives Multimatic an in-depth understanding of the unique material properties and performance characteristics of carbon fiber.

When it comes to building the exclusive Liquid Carbon, the same structural standards of rigidity and strength are used from the painted production Ford GT; however, its exposed carbon weave body panels are far more labor-intensive in all aspects of manufacturing, assembly and finishing.

Carbon fiber shares the signature “organic” nature of any premium composite woven material and, like diamonds, no two carbon fiber weave patterns are exactly alike. The body panels of every Liquid Carbon Ford GT are crafted from a select, single-batch run of material. From tooling surface quality, to layup technique, through to inspection, weave orientation and multiple layers of clear-coat finish, these exposed weave panels require attention to detail and craftsmanship well beyond that required for painted production GT components.

These panels are meticulously hand-fitted in an assembly process that is significantly more time consuming, such that the Liquid Carbon is among the lowest production series of the Ford GT. The result is a genuinely and uncompromisingly unique Ford GT showing off the characteristics and nuances inherent in carbon fiber composite panels.

Because of those inherent characteristics, there may be minor visual deviations in the fabric that are indicative of real carbon fiber ― as opposed to the artificial visual perfection of simulated carbon fiber. Alignment of carbon weave between panels will be held to stringent tolerances, yet some slight weave misalignment or distortion may still occur.

If replacement panels are needed for vehicle repair, a minimum of six months may be needed to produce replacement panels, which will be manufactured to the same exacting quality standards of the originals but may vary slightly in appearance and weave alignment.

Again, congratulations on being selected for this unique opportunity to own a piece of Ford GT history.

Sincerely,
Ford GT Concierge Team"
Very cool! What an amazing honor! I was doing the tour at Multimatic a few hours prior to the announcement of this new Carbon edition. I could sense something cool was about to be revealed, but everyone was tight lipped. Whether you are 1 of 1350 or 1 of 36, or whatever, this entire process and experience is just unbelievable. We are all truly blessed!

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
We were selected! Just got the e-mail at 2PM EST today. Super excited for this opportunity. Didn't know it was going to cost $250k extra though, so that was a bit of a surprise. On the phone with Ford Concierge to find out estimated delivery times, etc.

I love raisins but this is well worth going bananas for. Congrats!

Reactions: raisins

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congratulations Raisins. This is going to be a breathtaking, stunning, edition. What a lovely complement to what looks like, a black stripe less '05-'06 GT in your stable.

Reactions: raisins