New Ford GT unveiling

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Apparently liquid carbon cars base price is approx 750k compared to approx 500k for the "regular" (sounds weird to call a GT regular :ROFLMAO:), so 250k extra.

I wonder if some of them will be delivered to Europe and what will be their price here. But I'm sure it will be even more expensive in the old world as all the other prices are already higher for various reasons :(

Otherwise, it's a really nice finish :love: but it's is a bit scary when you know that CF might get some yellowing over time. Really something I would think twice before ordering

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That is crazy! I love it. Over the top!

Ed

PS I'll be in Chicago for the auto show next week. I hope to see it then.

Reactions: canibl and SYCO GT

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I’m glad to see Pericak back showcasing the GT. Seeing him brings back some great memories from along the way. 😊

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I’d start by saying that I’ve always believed Multimatic’s work in visible carbon fiber is absolutely exceptional. Having walked plenty of lawns filled with Paganis and Koenigseggs and the like, I’d easily put their work at the top of the industry.

“This next chapter in the Ford GT story allows us to fully demonstrate our mastery in both the art and science of carbon fiber craftsmanship and finishing,” said Angus Smith, General Manager of Multimatic Niche Vehicles, North America. “The results of this ongoing partnership between Multimatic and Ford Performance speak for themselves, as each visually stunning and unique Liquid Carbon GT is a manufacturing marvel, showcasing the characteristics and nuances inherent in carbon fibre composites.”

That’s an excellent summation of why this needed to be done. I looked the car over the other day and it’s truly impressive how good it is everywhere. You always expect a fair amount of imperfection with these materials, but even in the most complicated areas on a particularly complicated car, it was really, really good.

I’m gonna head over in a minute and look at it on the floor but with the right accents it’s going to be a really spectacular looking car.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Ding, ding, ding, we have the winner!

Completely over the top, very best of the best.

Love it, way to go DBK, big stones and a seriously badass car.

Reactions: JWZ

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The weave looks exceptional! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I’d start by saying that I’ve always believed Multimatic’s work in visible carbon fiber is absolutely exceptional. Having walked plenty of lawns filled with Paganis and Koenigseggs and the like, I’d easily put their work at the top of the industry.

“This next chapter in the Ford GT story allows us to fully demonstrate our mastery in both the art and science of carbon fiber craftsmanship and finishing,” said Angus Smith, General Manager of Multimatic Niche Vehicles, North America. “The results of this ongoing partnership between Multimatic and Ford Performance speak for themselves, as each visually stunning and unique Liquid Carbon GT is a manufacturing marvel, showcasing the characteristics and nuances inherent in carbon fibre composites.”

That’s an excellent summation of why this needed to be done. I looked the car over the other day and it’s truly impressive how good it is everywhere. You always expect a fair amount of imperfection with these materials, but even in the most complicated areas on a particularly complicated car, it was really, really good.

I’m gonna head over in a minute and look at it on the floor but with the right accents it’s going to be a really spectacular looking car.

So glad they are doing this Liquid Carbon addition, really showcases the craftsmanship in the GT.

Interested in seeing the latest
'Gulf Livery edition'
From the read description and the one pic I've seen it's a very nice upgrade in that livery.
Are there more pics of that available?

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Can not WAIT to see this in person! A Ford Multimatic Motorsports Masterpiece.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
OMG. I awoke this morning to the press release announcing the changes, and then to see this simply stunning Carbon Liquid edition.

After many months of pouring over every possible custom color option, looking at paint in person at every luxury, exotic, and standard dealer, and not coming up with a clear answer that calls to my heart.

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly be any more stunning. Wow.

This pushes all the right buttons in my heart and in my head.

Simply love it! The photos are exquisite. Thanks for sharing!

The stuff dreams are made of.

Reactions: Vince H and JWZ

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Just so nobody misses this, the Concierge is asking people to express their interest in the car between 2/6 and 2/12.

Reactions: maxemus

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Received email today from concierge asking if i was interested. I said absolutely.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Should cost less? You don't have to paint it.

lol

I guess this is the ultimate " Special Palette"!

Looks fantastic!

Imagine worrying about paw prints on this one at a cars and coffee?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Additional pics of the new Gulf Livery edition are here

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Say, that would look really sharp with some Riviera Blue accents... ;)

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Love the look...but I know carbon fiber doesn’t like UV rays. Of course it’s been clear coated to protect it (just like the carbon fiber stripes on my 2019 car), yet I still find myself nervous about all that exposed surface area of carbon fiber.

But that‘s just me. I‘m sure Ford wouldn’t offer this option if it couldn’t stand up to real-world driving conditions. Can’t wait to see it in person.
I agree with the concerns of discoloration of CF with UV rays. But lets really face it, these cars will not ever sit in the sun for long periods other than when being driven. So that should not be a big concern not to have this absolute beauty IMO. Joy to the ones who are selected and have the extra cash for this beast...

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
HOLY MOLEY!!!!!!!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Regarding the UV and Carbon... 15+ years ago the formulation of clear coats with UV inhibitors intended specifically for Carbon protection are not to be feared. The Clear-coat at the time it was introduced was roughly $50,000 to $75,000 per gallon, couple that with having to pick perfect panels (mistakes and unsightly carbon layup can be hidden with paint) makes the upgrade costs somewhat understandable. I can't wait to see this in person next week :)

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Dear Gary,

We are writing to inform you of exciting news! Today, at the Chicago Auto Show, a Ford GT unlike any other was unveiled, the Ford GT Liquid Carbon. This unique offering showcases the raw carbon fiber body in its entirety, leaving the panels exposed.

The Ford GT Liquid Carbon will be on public display in the Ford exhibit at the Chicago Auto Show from February 8 - February 17.

For additional information see the recently published press release.

We invite you to express your interest to be considered for the opportunity to purchase this low-production option. Please be advised that overall availability will be constrained and not all those that express interest may be offered the opportunity to purchase the option.

You must express your interest via email, to customer@fordgtconcierge.com during the hand raiser window (February 6 - February 12). Responses received after the window closes may not be considered.
Following the close of the hand raiser window, Ford will review respondent feedback. Those that are extended the opportunity to purchase the Liquid Carbon option will be notified via email from the Ford GT Concierge Team.
If selected for the opportunity to purchase the Liquid Carbon option, all previous timing communications will be null and void. Your concierge will provide you with updated timing at a later date.
Please call the Ford GT Concierge Team if you have any questions.
Liquid Carbon Hand Raiser Window (February 6 - February 12) Email interest to: customer@fordgtconcierge.com
Sincerely,
Ford GT Concierge Team

Reactions: steved57 and JWZ

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Holy cow - what a beauty!!!!!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017