New FGT base price

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
What about the dealer gauging the shnykees out of you : From the application Terms:"(“Selected Applicants”) will be directed to Ford dealers.The purchase price and all other terms of sale will be determined by the seller "

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What about the dealer gauging the shnykees out of you : From the application Terms:"(“Selected Applicants”) will be directed to Ford dealers.The purchase price and all other terms of sale will be determined by the seller "

Quoting myself.

Regarding the ADM thing, it's worth noting again that 1) The allocation is assigned to the customer 2) the allocation is assigned to the customer by Ford 3) the customer takes delivery by working with a certified dealer of their choice. I feel like there's enough information in there to read between the lines, but regardless, I thought I'd mention I'd engaged some people on the topic:

I have major dealers who are prepared to commit publicly on Ford GT Forum that they will sell any Ford GT delivered through their store at MSRP if a customer granted a GT allocation would like to work with them.

Within minutes, from people I hadn't even spoken to:

We @ Russ Milne Ford are willing to commit to that! No doc fees here on a new Ford GT! Keith.

We don't charge above MSRP @ Jack Demmer Ford either. We sold all of our GT-350s at MSRP as well. They were all sold before they got here because of it. Keith

We at Pat Milliken Ford will not charge more than MSRP on the Ford GT. We are a top 10 dealer in the country and winner of 18 straight President Awards from Ford Motor Company. We take pride in selling and servicing all vehicles (especially speciality vehicles). Take a look at our Google rating. :). Kevin Koshkarian, Sales Manager.

I'm really surprised that given the number of times I've posted the 1-2-3 of that allocation strategy that it wasn't clear that the mechanics of the process always made the above the inevitable result. This process has actually been occurring for years with supplemental allocations for specific cars.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Ford should at least be able to quote a price, just as all other makers have done at launch time.

Just like Porsche did with the 918? 3 years after launch (and $200K deposit) pricing was announced.
Just like Ferrari did with the LaF and TDF? Good luck with that, even after you place your order and spec the car!
Just like Lamborghini did with the Centenario? "Starting at about $1.5M is what was quoted at the private reveal of the hologram and artistic renderings...with a $500K deposit required within 10 days"

From my experience Ford has provided way more information and a much better picture of pricing than all of the others. And let's not forget, none of us have been required to pay a deposit yet. I've said it before and I think it bears repeating. Taking the entire project into account, this car--(win, lose, or draw on race day or otherwise) will be the best value money can buy in the supercar market.

Don't worry about the price, if you can even remotely afford it, DO IT!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Quoting myself.

Within minutes, from people I hadn't even spoken to:

I'm really surprised that given the number of times I've posted the 1-2-3 of that allocation strategy that it wasn't clear that the mechanics of the process always made the above the inevitable result. This process has actually been occurring for years with supplemental allocations for specific cars.

That is really cool that there are still dealers around that treat customers like that! Kudos to all of you.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes , big $$$Bucks..... going to need to be a Doctor or a Dentist to afford this one. :):):)

andy (ajb)

Lol, I like that one Andy. Ed might have to sell a few motorcycles for this one,