New FGT base price

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I know base price has never been officially released, but it was my understanding over the previous 6 months or so the car would be around $400K. After reading some of the activity in the last day or two, it seems estimates of the base price has escalated to $450K before options. Is this the new "guesstimate"? Not complaining, just trying to get a better handle on it. Thanks in advance.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'm guessing it will be well north of $500k when C/F trim, C/F wheels, delivery and taxes are added.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
We can only guess at this time but from what's been said it will probably start at 449k plus options which we can guess will be:
6k for stripes
3k for interior w/color
up to 8k for wheels
up to 20k for CF parts
Again, I'm just playing here...

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
While the sale/allocation process is not new in itself, (as similar concepts are used by Ferrari and Porsche for example), it is new for Ford, and it would appear quite a lot of thought has gone into trying to get the cars bought by enthusiasts and drivers. However, I have never come across a sale process begin without a firm selling price, and it really is off form at this stage for Ford's official announcement of price to be an estimate with a 50k plus variance!!
I would at this stage expect to know the cost.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I know the cost. It will be $400K to $500K. Not more, not less.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
This Is on the GT website. I thought I saw another blurb that said 420 to 450 depending on options..Reading. . It's a Wonderful tool..:biggrin

Attachments

• 2016-04-14 12.52.06.jpg
    2016-04-14 12.52.06.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
With all options should break $500K which is fine by me.

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
This Is on the GT website. I thought I saw another blurb that said 420 to 450 depending on options..Reading. . It's a Wonderful tool..:biggrin

Thanks for that !!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I submitted my application but had to send without uploading the video links....on a business trip with limited acces to my home computer.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I submitted my application but had to send without uploading the video links....on a business trip with limited acces to my home computer.

You are able to edit your aplication until the end date.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Reading. . It's a Wonderful tool..:biggrin[/QUOTE]

There's no need to get snippy there, young whippersnapper.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Taxes alone roughly 30k...........

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
While the sale/allocation process is not new in itself, (as similar concepts are used by Ferrari and Porsche for example), it is new for Ford, and it would appear quite a lot of thought has gone into trying to get the cars bought by enthusiasts and drivers. However, I have never come across a sale process begin without a firm selling price, and it really is off form at this stage for Ford's official announcement of price to be an estimate with a 50k plus variance!!
I would at this stage expect to know the cost.

At this point, I won't worry about the $ figure so much....get your application in. Once you've been selected for an allocation, then the $ stuff will become so much more granular.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Taxes alone roughly 30k...........

Probably closer to 40K in some areas. It would be pretty close to 40K if not more with a 8.15% sales tax plus the value-based registration fee.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
At this point, I won't worry about the $ figure so much....get your application in. Once you've been selected for an allocation, then the $ stuff will become so much more granular.

I agree with svtowner. This is my thinking in the matter. I don't have the cash saved in a drawer. I'll work it out with my Ford GT concierge if i am chosen. Maybe Ford Motor Credit will help.

Ed

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I agree with svtowner. This is my thinking in the matter. I don't have the cash saved in a drawer. I'll work it out with my Ford GT concierge if i am chosen. Maybe Ford Motor Credit will help.

Ed

Agreed, if it happens then we will get it worked out...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes , big $$$Bucks..... going to need to be a Doctor or a Dentist to afford this one. :):):)

andy (ajb)

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
I am not worried in the sense that the cost is more than i expected, because I expected a price in the area of Aventador money, just at this late stage, and with the cars development complete, that Ford should at least be able to quote a price, just as all other makers have done at launch time.
Of course i want one, and of course i will submit the application, because I have absolute faith based on my experience as an 06 GT owner that it will exceed my expectations.

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Probably closer to 40K in some areas. It would be pretty close to 40K if not more with a 8.15% sales tax plus the value-based registration fee.

You guys have it so good ...honestly you have no idea of auto taxes in the USofA :)
Here in my country, which manages to portray itself as a friendly open liberal and fair place to live, I will be well and truly shafted on this GT if it happens for me, at a conservative guess taxes will exceed €160,000 in registration tax and 60-70,000 euro in sales tax!!!

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
You guys have it so good ...honestly you have no idea of auto taxes in the USofA :)
Here in my country, which manages to portray itself as a friendly open liberal and fair place to live, I will be well and truly shafted on this GT if it happens for me, at a conservative guess taxes will exceed €160,000

Holy crap! Is that worse than Sweden?