The Ford GT Application Process Begins

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I still see nowhere to apply. At the bottom of the page there is, "Application, Concierge, ford gt", I can click on them, it takes me to, "All posts tagged "Application"", click that and I'm back where I started! Hate it when it just runs me in loops. Hopefully it will work when the load dies down some.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
lets face it, we were probably the ones respobsible for crashing the site!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I still see nowhere to apply. At the bottom of the page there is, "Application, Concierge, ford gt", I can click on them, it takes me to, "All posts tagged "Application"", click that and I'm back where I started! Hate it when it just runs me in loops. Hopefully it will work when the load dies down some.

Scroll down manually and it should be located here:

app.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
LOL - the ol' scroll technique! Flatrod's used to spinning wrenches not mouses!

Ed

ford GT2

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2016
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet.........but wouldn't you like to see Jay Leno's...or Jerry Seinfeld's applications

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I guess a plus for us is that even finding the application on the site is complicated! People that are not very computer savy are never going to get through the whole process.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Am I reading this right that they're only going to be 150 made in 2017 and 150 made for 2018? Are the dealers also allowed to add ADMs? If so then you would clearly want to have an understanding with a dealership before you elected them dealer to deliver the car and get it in writing.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Am I reading this right that they're only going to be 150 made in 2017 and 150 made for 2018? Are the dealers also allowed to add ADMs? If so then you would clearly want to have an understanding with a dealership before you elected them dealer to deliver the car and get it in writing.

Paragraph 1 of the Ts&Cs say " Ford intends to manufacture very limited quantities of the GT and to make available via the Program a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) 2017 GTs and a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) 2018 GTs. ". Someone said the Canadian site says "250 world wide", so this may be stating that the US allocation will be at least 150 units. Maybe we can get someone from Europe to check the wording in their location.

If it is 150 to the US that is consistent with what I was told would be the portion allocated to US "mere mortals". Another pool is dedicated to dealer owners for a personally owned vehicle and the reamainder to the "rest of the world". It would also appear (if indeed the Canadian wording is different) that they are not included in the US allocation.

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet.........but wouldn't you like to see Jay Leno's...or Jerry Seinfeld's applications

Do you really think that they are filling out an Application?

Joe

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

No ADMs

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do you really think that they are filling out an Application?

Joe

You'd be surprised at the answer to that.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Application frustration

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2016/04/13/ford-gt-application-process-begins/

:cheers

Good luck guys and gals.

It's been a lot of fun and I'm glad the day is here!

Let's see what you guys come up with on the configurator.

The Application

The application process begins immediately and runs until May 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Ford will select the first 500 owners of the new GT from those who apply. This bit is important: It's not necessary to burn up your keyboard, furiously typing to get in your application because the order in which applications are received is irrelevant to your selection. You have 30 days to get your application in, so no need to rush. Applicants will receive status notifications beginning 90 days from the close of the application period.

The Ford GT Concierge Service

Ford has crafted a new customer experience specifically for Ford GT customers with a new, GT-only concierge service. Recipients of a new GT allocation will work directly with a personally-assigned concierge throughout their ownership process. This includes initial ordering, vehicle configuration, all the way through delivery and beyond into your first years of ownership.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself.”

The Ford GT Configurator

The Ford GT also gets an all-new configurator, where potential owners and fans alike can sort view a nearly endless assortment of combinations. At this time, Ford has chosen to reveal 8 base paint colors (including the much-desired Liquid Blue), 7 stripe colors, 5 caliper colors, 4 interior packages, and 2 wheels options (one with 3 finishes and the other with 2). There are literally thousands of combos to build, compare and share on the net.

Here are the markets the GT will be sold in:

View attachment 41869

Spent about an hour last evening on application. Had to gather info and returned to application site today and my application disappeared, I did not submit it, just saved it.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Spent about an hour on application last evening. logged on today to continue application. previous saved info disappeared.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Managed to get it successfully submitted.

Now I say again! It does not matter what order your application is submitted in. You can even go back and edit it up to the deadline!

How do you save an incompleted application?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
App completed and in. I may not get selected in this round or maybe ever, but I am so dang glad to be here and that Ford is making this car and racing the GT.
ARE YOU GUYS STOKED OR WHAT....HOORAY:cheers

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Mine was accepted and it's going to be one of the 1st ones off the line. They wrote me back and said that since I live so close to the plant where these cars are built, they could save me some money if I went and picked it off as soon as the paint was dry...I begrudgingly accepted.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Submitted mine today as well. Luckily I printed mine since the saved versions were not coming up. Now need to get my 60 second video's ready and attach them. This is just an awesome process. Ford must be beside themselves over the buzz the new GT has gotten. Hoping, praying, dreaming ....

Vince H

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Mine was accepted and it's going to be one of the 1st ones off the line. They wrote me back and said that since I live so close to the plant where these cars are built, they could save me some money if I went and picked it off as soon as the paint was dry...I begrudgingly accepted.

In that case your probably going get your tent and sleeping bag and hang out like its black Friday.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Found answer...

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Regarding the ADM thing, it's worth noting again that 1) The allocation is assigned to the customer 2) the allocation is assigned by Ford 3) the customer takes delivery by working with a certified dealer of their choice. I feel like there's enough information in there to read between the lines, but regardless, I thought I'd mention I'd engaged some people on the topic:

I have major dealers who are prepared to commit publicly on Ford GT Forum that they will sell any Ford GT delivered through their store at MSRP if a customer granted a GT allocation would like to work with them.