New exhaust opinions

SRG.GT

work hard--play hard
Mar 12, 2009
Hudson, Wi.
Hey GT veterans,

I need some advice on upgrading the exhaust on my gal. I have never heard anything but stock exhaust on this fine machine and could use your input on best bang for the buck. My 2002 Viper is loud as hell and I love it(bellanger headers-crossover-fast cats), yet I do not wish for th GT to get this loud(she gets enough attention). Just looking for that, you know, kick a$$ sound. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Choose one of the cat back systems,, Heffner, Accufab, Stillen, take your choice

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Hello Steve,

I see your fairly new to the forum. Have you considered becoming a sponsoring member? There are other threads that will open up for you! :thumbsup

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I like my Accufab a lot, quiet while cruising but loud when I get on it. I'm don't want to go to headers because I'm afriad to mess up the sound. Here's a video of a dyno run from two weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RuMp0qCso

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are numerous threads covering this topic. The search button can be your friend. I have the Borla. Not really loud till you get on it and no drone at 2K rpm. The X and H pipes save a lot more weight. Need to decide if you want a bumper delete package cause the length of the tailpipes will be affected.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
pipes

i

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
pipes

I have a Stillen for sale . make a fair offer!!!

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
This is a great clip but I wish it included the Heffner exhaust clip. I would like to hear the Heffner sound as well before making a decision. I too am looking to make this decision. Anyone have a Heffner clip? I have not been able to locate one with the search function.

Thanks!

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I have a Stillen for sale . make a fair offer!!!

Why are you selling? Straight or slanted tips?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
This is a great clip but I wish it included the Heffner exhaust clip. I would like to hear the Heffner sound as well before making a decision. I too am looking to make this decision. Anyone have a Heffner clip? I have not been able to locate one with the search function.

Thanks!

How soon do you need a sound clip? I might be able to do one for you over the weekend and then email it to you. Or better yet, I'm going to Jason's shop sometime next week. I'm hopeful he'll have at least one or two GT's there (maybe Ray's new beast too!! :thumbsup), and I could ask him if I can record a sound bite while I'm there. Lemme know.

FWIW, I just LOVE the sound of my Heffner exhaust, especially at WOT. :banana

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston

Thanks!

I had the IDA...not for me...would not keep flange bolts and the pipes split ...I have the Heffner, better sound and quality look....sometimes wish I had the Borla though because of the drone...I will say I have not ridden in a Borla car.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I had the IDA...not for me...would not keep flange bolts and the pipes split ...I have the Heffner, better sound and quality look....sometimes wish I had the Borla though because of the drone...I will say I have not ridden in a Borla car.

next time we're out you can drive the blue car it has the borla on it. but maybe not for long, you know me, its been almost a week since Ive done something to either of the gt's:biggrin

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
....sometimes wish I had the Borla though because of the drone...I will say I have not ridden in a Borla car.

I have noticed a slight drone since I replaced the Borla with the Accufab. I just consider it the price of doing business for a more aggressive sound.

SRG.GT

work hard--play hard
Mar 12, 2009
Hudson, Wi.
I like my Accufab a lot, quiet while cruising but loud when I get on it. I'm don't want to go to headers because I'm afriad to mess up the sound. Here's a video of a dyno run from two weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RuMp0qCso

She sounds nice!!:thumbsup

SRG.GT

work hard--play hard
Mar 12, 2009
Hudson, Wi.
Hello Steve,

I see your fairly new to the forum. Have you considered becoming a sponsoring member? There are other threads that will open up for you! :thumbsup

Sure. How do I sign up?

SRG.GT

work hard--play hard
Mar 12, 2009
Hudson, Wi.
How soon do you need a sound clip? I might be able to do one for you over the weekend and then email it to you. Or better yet, I'm going to Jason's shop sometime next week. I'm hopeful he'll have at least one or two GT's there (maybe Ray's new beast too!! :thumbsup), and I could ask him if I can record a sound bite while I'm there. Lemme know.

FWIW, I just LOVE the sound of my Heffner exhaust, especially at WOT. :banana

I would like to hear that as well.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Sure. How do I sign up?

From DBK; Click on "user cp" on the task bar, then on the bottom left in the miscellaneous section click "paid subscriptions". From there you can paypal me the donations directly. If you do not have access to paypal or do not want to use it, PM me (DBK) and I will give you my address to send any donations.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

Dave

Thanks for the consideration Steve!! :thumbsup

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My Stillen pipes have the straight ends ,but I could have the angle cut if you like .

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
I have a FORD RACING muffler for sale. PM me with a fair offer if you're interested.