New addition to the study wall

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Back in Raleigh for Rally 5 during the evening auction I bid on a Camillo print of a blue/white stripe car. Unfortunately the auctioneer ignored my last bid and it got sold to someone else (Ray Hoffman, I think). So, five years later we're at Camillo's warehouse perty during Rally ten, and there's the same print hanging on his wall. Well, It's now in our study and looks awesome!
The left side of the mantlepiece is waiting for the arrival of my 1/18th scale new GT model, (paid for it ages ago but I guess the modelbuilder is waiting for a minimum order before building them)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 318

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool story - it looks great! It really is at home now :)

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Back in Raleigh for Rally 5 during the evening auction I bid on a Camillo print of a blue/white stripe car. Unfortunately the auctioneer ignored my last bid and it got sold to someone else (Ray Hoffman, I think). So, five years later we're at Camillo's warehouse perty during Rally ten, and there's the same print hanging on his wall. Well, It's now in our study and looks awesome!
The left side of the mantlepiece is waiting for the arrival of my 1/18th scale new GT model, (paid for it ages ago but I guess the modelbuilder is waiting for a minimum order before building them)

Nice !! :thumbsup

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Brian, this is surely worth a few rungs up the allocation ladder, isn't it?

Ooh, as is my 600th post....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Like your first time I was late. At R9 in Vegas he had a print of the Daytona Coupe, but someone had already bought it. It was only a few minutes too.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looking good David.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing you tried for the spot over the master bedroom bed first? Looks great! I have around four of Camilo's paintings. One was one I commissioned him to paint. Love his artwork. A few are also signed by Carroll Shelby and Dan Gurney

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nice David. Hope Roz appreciates it.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Looks great. Have a pair of framed signed prints I need to put up in my office.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The left side of the mantlepiece is waiting for the arrival of my 1/18th scale new GT model, (paid for it ages ago but I guess the model builder is waiting for a minimum order before building them)
Where did you get the Gt model under the picture?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ron, that is a remote control model. Note remote just to the right on mantle. They were for sale a long time ago.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Think they were in Walmart years ago. Mine is all banged-up as a result of running too mant courses around the workshop

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
That's my car. I commissioned Camilo to do the painting from a photo I took prior to Rally 5. Hangs in the foyer of my house, much to my wifes' dismay.

Stu

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian, this is surely worth a few rungs up the allocation ladder, isn't it?

Ooh, as is my 600th post....

I'm sure it will help some... In the spirit of trying to be a proper Gentleman,, , don't want to hurt your feelings but You got a ways to go on your Wall art Collection and your post count..

You probably got one of those Rally 10 banners on the left side,, Mine got mucked up.. so well ,, let's say.. Size does matter !! :biggrin

and ... I got a lot more, it''s just not up yet,,, Didn't want to say Hung around this group..

Attachments

• Garage Art 2015 1.jpg
    Garage Art 2015 1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Good story. I think Gary was the one who got the first print you missed out on, so we now have two winners!!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very nice!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Oh, Brian, so now you're going all wall art contest on me? Well, I might be behind you, but most of my stuff is in the shop, and its not too bad: Posters from every Rally I attended (except number 4 in Austin when for some reason I didnT get one), plus Camillo originals (even some Frank Steffenson originals too, although he doesn't count for GT allocations). And who else has Ford Performance air-conditioners ( thankyou Daytona scavengers)?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 141

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thats looks great Dave. I think I might have an extra austin rally poster somewhere, You can have it once I find it.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
thats looks great Dave. I think I might have an extra austin rally poster somewhere, You can have it once I find it.

Thanks Soroush, pm me when you dig it out

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oh, Brian, so now you're going all wall art contest on me? Well, I might be behind you, but most of my stuff is in the shop, and its not too bad: Posters from every Rally I attended (except number 4 in Austin when for some reason I didnT get one), plus Camillo originals (even some Frank Steffenson originals too, although he doesn't count for GT allocations). And who else has Ford Performance air-conditioners ( thankyou Daytona scavengers)?

That's more like it !! You've moved up om my list if it means anything !! :biggrin