Need pricing help on selling my 05

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Has to be a happy buyer out there, right? :cool:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the black car that just sold belonged to Andy House prior to the seller on BAT. He had just purchased it from Andy as per Andys comments on BAT. I tried to buy the car from Andy a couple of years ago but as people mentioned there were never any evidence of the prior damage. just the word of someone selling a car that the damage was not bad at all.. take it for what its worth.. i still think it was a decent buy unless there are major issues with the car..

As for BAT I dont really believe the "sold price" on BAT auctions. I suspect many of the sales dont actually go through and who knows how many people are shill bidding cars for their friends...

I bought a superformance cobra from BAT even though I did not win the auction the winner backed out of the deal and the car was offered to me at my lowest bid against the winner. I suspected the car had issues even though the seller never really mentioned any problems with the car. I knew what I was getting into and the price was not that high so It was a relative safe bet. However had I been an individual buying what was "advertised" about the car I would have been very disappointed. I would recommend anyone trying to buy a high dollar car from BAT not to just rely on the sellers word.. they have incentive to sell the car not to tell the truth and although not every one goes out of their way to lie some just may leave important information out..

as for your car if it really is a nice clean car and doesnt have a suspect prior history then I would say its worth at least 225k

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

As for BAT I dont really believe the "sold price" on BAT auctions. I suspect many of the sales dont actually go through and who knows how many people are shill bidding cars for their friends...

Re the shill bidding by friends, if the friend wins, wouldn't that still cost the seller a 5% commission? Ouch.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
the black car that just sold belonged to Andy House prior to the seller on BAT. He had just purchased it from Andy as per Andys comments on BAT. I tried to buy the car from Andy a couple of years ago but as people mentioned there were never any evidence of the prior damage. just the word of someone selling a car that the damage was not bad at all.. take it for what its worth.. i still think it was a decent buy unless there are major issues with the car..

I bought a superformance cobra from BAT even though I did not win the auction the winner backed out of the deal and the car was offered to me at my lowest bid against the winner. I suspected the car had issues even though the seller never really mentioned any problems with the car. I knew what I was getting into and the price was not that high so It was a relative safe bet. However had I been an individual buying what was "advertised" about the car I would have been very disappointed. I would recommend anyone trying to buy a high dollar car from BAT not to just rely on the sellers word.. they have incentive to sell the car not to tell the truth and although not every one goes out of their way to lie some just may leave important information out..are that sell on BAT

as for your car if it really is a nice clean car and doesnt have a suspect prior history then I would say its worth at least 225k
The cars that sell on BAT amaze me as well as pricing
Plus no buyer remorse

Reactions: soroush

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA

I bought a superformance cobra from BAT even though I did not win the auction the winner backed out of the deal and the car was offered to me at my lowest bid against the winner. I suspected the car had issues even though the seller never really mentioned any problems with the car. I knew what I was getting into and the price was not that high so It was a relative safe bet. However had I been an individual buying what was "advertised" about the car I would have been very disappointed. I would recommend anyone trying to buy a high dollar car from BAT not to just rely on the sellers word.. they have incentive to sell the car not to tell the truth and although not every one goes out of their way to lie some just may leave important information out..

I’ve heard of shill bidding on BAT as well. Very disappointing for a prospective buyer like myself. Certainly the integrity of the process is paramount.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I won’t sell on BaT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I bought a car on BaT. Though it was not a high-end car, It was everything it was presented as being. Seller told me the reserve wasn't met but BaT kicked in the difference to make it "sell thru". He felt kind of guilty so he paid the shipping. All in All it was a win/win.

Reactions: soroush

9650max

Feb 27, 2019
Re the shill bidding by friends, if the friend wins, wouldn't that still cost the seller a 5% commission? Ouch.
The buyer pays the commission not the seller. High bidder has their credit card charged the commission at auction close.It is then up to the buyer and seller to conclude the deal. I’ve wondered how many deals fail to close but the buyer has paid the commission regardless.
No first hand experience and if I have misinterpreted the terms of BAT I don’t mind being corrected.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The buyer pays the commission not the seller. High bidder has their credit card charged the commission at auction close.It is then up to the buyer and seller to conclude the deal. I’ve wondered how many deals fail to close but the buyer has paid the commission regardless.
No first hand experience and if I have misinterpreted the terms of BAT I don’t mind being corrected.

Sometimes you will see a car relisted because the deal was not consummated. BaT makes a point that still collected the buyer's fee when that happens.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The buyer pays the commission not the seller ....

Yes, I just meant that if the seller had his friend shill bid and the friend won and really did pay the buyer fee, the seller would pay his friend back.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So, I'm getting more serious about selling just because the car needs to be driven more and I'm not one to "have a garage ornament". I don't want to list on BaT or any auction. If anyone is interested in a driver let me know.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So, I'm getting more serious about selling just because the car needs to be driven more and I'm not one to "have a garage ornament". I don't want to list on BaT or any auction. If anyone is interested in a driver let me know.
[/
We all have friends who want one!
Plus everyone is looking for a “driver”
they all want a deal!
Plus you are selling one of the most desirable and rare colors!
I can’t imagine it will be around for long!
Funny thing is I have the same exact car but an 06 with 55k ! But I don’t think of mine as driver! I think of it more as the love of my life!
As time Marches on I believe there will be no such thing as drivers
Just my 02

Last edited:

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
I'm interested in your car if it's still available. Haig Haleblian

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As time marches on, mileage will mean less and less. The GT is an iconic legend that will always stand the test of time.

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
As time marches on, mileage will mean less and less. The GT is an iconic legend that will always stand the test of time.
Agreed. Drivem

Reactions: roketman

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That is a tough one ( colors are a big part of pricing, along with mileage and condition) .. I do not ever plan on selling mine and if I did it would take north of $300k at least.. My guess these will be over the $500k mark in a few years
on the classic broncos - I have two of them and they are really hot right now. I bought my 74 about 3 years ago for 1/2 of what the same is selling for today and the other is an unrestored baby blue 69' that had been women owned in the same state for 40+ years and showing just 75k miles ( which appears to be correct based on condition and the fact that the last owner never took it outside of her small town over 21 years... ) I have already been offer $75k on that one.. which 5 years ago would have been 25k

I'm not sure if the woman owned aspect increases or decreases pricing 😋 😂

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No this car is my stock car. It does have a pulley and tune. I said I am and will not sell my twin turbo car. Thank you for the advice. Yes I don’t ever see any high mileage cars come up for sale but there are a lot of us that have high mileage cars out there.
The owners with high mileage guys don’t sell them because,they know how much fun they are to drive!
Yes I’m speaking from experience