My wife catches me...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Been off line since yesterday.

When I sit on the garage floor staring at my GT I usually have a camera (and find good light so I have an excuse). It's easier when you have a backup excuse.

I think you don't need help yet. Think about it when you start thinking about moving the couch and TV to the garage.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know, with all the man cave pictures I have seen, there are others that sit and do the same. Please tell me I am not alone.

You ARE alone! The rest of us sit on a folding chair...if not a La-Z-Boy...NOT the floor! :wink

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
A while back the wife and I were updating the will and as we came to the GT I told her that if I die first who she should call to help her sell the thing. Without batting an eye or cracking a smile she stated "why would I sell the GT, it's what I will use as bait to get my next husband". I told her to tell him it's a blast to "floor a GT" on the first cold Idaho morning....:bored

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Many times when Mrs. Spirit catches me in the garage with the GT, she will just sit down beside me and also stare at it, words are not necessary.
I am a fortunate man.

Nobody likes a bragger!

.....but keep it up, 'cause it's nice to know there are guys that found a winner!

spineracer

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2014
Metro NY
My wife noticed that the more time I spend in my garage looking at my Yellow GT, its value seems to increase...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

As usual Ralphie - short comment that just sums it up perfectly :thumbsup:rofl:facepalm:

My wife is very tolerant - but still I take no chances :wink - so I just keep rotating the car inventory so fast that she has no idea what´s going on in the garage :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A while back the wife and I were updating the will and as we came to the GT I told her that if I die first who she should call to help her sell the thing. Without batting an eye or cracking a smile she stated "why would I sell the GT, it's what I will use as bait to get my next husband". I told her to tell him it’s a blast to "floor a GT" on the first cold Idaho morning....:bored
Now thats funny!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I love the GTs - I'll make the drinks and we both go out there!
Lady Moose

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You could be sitting in a bar staring at women instead of at home staring at your car!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You could be sitting in a bar staring at women instead of at home staring at your car!

Ed

Yeah - but at my age, they never even glance back... :frown

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The only professional that can make you feel better is a certified track instructor!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Did she start drinking also?

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Cars Coffee and Couch..........:thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nobody likes a bragger!

.....but keep it up, 'cause it's nice to know there are guys that found a winner!

After being with her [now into 4 decades] there is no way out.:bow
Redheaded Texas women can be a dangerous breed.:eek

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
After being with her [now into 4 decades] there is no way out.:bow
Redheaded Texas women can be a dangerous breed.:eek

May the Spirit stay with you. Redheads make life interesting.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Wife catches me taking photos of the GT of which she titles as: Real Car Guy.

2ee9zr8.jpg

A shot in front of the shop and her title for this one is: Real Pretty

15u8th.jpg

She actually enjoys the car hobby. She is leading our annual "All Ladies Day Drive" where a group of 11 or 12 drivers bring special interest, sport, customs, exotics along with guests to ride along. Each half hour or so, they stop and exchange passengers. This way, most all the riders get to be in a different car throughout the day. A stop for a group lunch, more driving and then back to our home for some afternoon refreshments where the husbands will meet with the group to share in the experience of the Ladies Day Drive. It's actually a ton of fun.

DJ

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Redheads make life interesting.

Yer preachin' to the choir! There's something special about 'em.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The only reason I sit in my garage (still do after 8 years of ownership) and stare at my Ford GT is because I can't get the GT into my living room.

Chip

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Gentlemen,

The only reason I sit in my garage (still do after 8 years of ownership) and stare at my Ford GT is because I can't get the GT into my living room.

Chip

...and...you're not married! :lol