My new no-stripe Tungsten GT! (a.k.a. Paul, Brian, and Rich's excellent adventure)

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Very nice car. Why would you reverse the bumper delete?

Reactions: centerpunch

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

To have factory look instead of modified look.

I could argue strongly both ways! I may leave the car as is, not sure......

Reactions: extrap

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Wow, big congrats! First of all, the Texas guys need to know....what is that white stuff on the ground?

I'm certainly with you on buying the seller as well as the car, I certainly ran into a couple of questionable ones on my search.

FWIW, I'm with you on not liking the bumper delete look....some guys do that on Diablos and it's WAY worse.

The making funds liquid is a tough go....mine became liquid only because I was crying over them....LOL

And like you, I'm about to go work on cleaning up my garage.....I thought I had done enough until the car actually arrived.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Naturally, it hasn't been easy to let go of what for me, will always be the most outrageously beautiful and thrilling super car in the world. I couldn't have done it without karmic forces aligning for this ideal seller/buyer match. Paul's ad, seeking a car exactly like mine, was almost like an omen to surface amidst my soul-searching. Then our long phone calls were so enjoyable, it was like we were long-lost car-bros!

I am sure Paul and I will keep in touch. It was great getting to absorb some of Rich's vast knowledge about the car Wednesday. I will always have the highest regard for this community; everyone that I have interacted with here on the forums and at Rally XII, have been beyond-all-reason friendly and helpful.

Congrats Paul!!!!!🥂🙌🙂

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
13 years - long wait. Nice car- great experience -

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on a beautiful car and color!

If you decide to part with the bumper delete, I'd be interested...

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Naturally, it hasn't been easy to let go of what for me, will always be the most outrageously beautiful and thrilling super car in the world. I couldn't have done it without karmic forces aligning for this ideal seller/buyer match. Paul's ad, seeking a car exactly like mine, was almost like an omen to surface amidst my soul-searching. Then our long phone calls were so enjoyable, it was like we were long-lost car-bros!

I am sure Paul and I will keep in touch. It was great getting to absorb some of Rich's vast knowledge about the car Wednesday. I will always have the highest regard for this community; everyone that I have interacted with here on the forums and at Rally XII, have been beyond-all-reason friendly and helpful.

Congrats Paul!!!!!🥂🙌🙂

Thanks for being a good seller, the community needs good buyers and sellers as we all transition through different life stages.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great story congrats to both buyer and seller...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Glad your back my friend...…...NO MORE HEDGING YOUR INVESTMENT....Drive till you die now!
GTJOEY1314

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver

To have factory look instead of modified look.

FWIW, I'm with you on not liking the bumper delete look....some guys do that on Diablos and it's WAY worse.

Friends, here is Paul's new car's beautiful tail - I just don't see how this look could be improved upon!

IMG_1476.jpg

I sure understand a case could be made to put the bumper back on for safety; just not for looks.🙂

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations and welcome back!

Anthony

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2011
Arlington, Va
Love the tungsten no stripe! Congrats!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Fabulous! patience is a virtue!!! Congrats and Enjoy!!!!!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Great news.

good god do not put the bumper back. Best cosmetic mod I did

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
WELCOME BACK TO THE FRAY!

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
What brew pub? I lived in the area for a long time and hit them all...

Hi Tony - thanks for stopping by!

We were at Rock Bottom Brewery, which I'm sure you know, but a brand-new location in central Highlands Ranch that just opened last year🍻

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
We will miss you Beez. Hope you get another GT in the future.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Always awesome when the perfect buyer and seller meet. This one sounds like it couldn’t have been better. Congrats to you both!

Also, stripe delete really is a beautiful look on these cars. I had full stripes on Midnight Blue 2005 and never regretted it, but solid blue (or red, or silver, or tungsten, or...well you get the idea) is so damn clean! Hope to see it in person at a future GT event!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Nice rig. Looks like molten metal,.. Liquid metal in some photos.
The no stripe cars are amazing !

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
wow, that is awesome!