My Ford GT parked next to my Nissan GT-R

mcq

Jun 5, 2011
http://www.gulfup.net/uploads/13116538952.jpg

H

HHGT

From the canopy and building architecture it seems like you are in the Gulf, perhaps QATAR? Welcome.

Last edited:

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
http://www.gulfup.net/uploads/13116538952.jpg

I have the same combo. Love both cars. GT is my first and real true love though............. but the GTR is a bad bad car....

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
IMG_5349.jpg201690[1].jpg

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Nice combos !
Sometimes I think about jumping into a new GT-R, but used F430s are getting really close price-wise.

mcq

Jun 5, 2011
yea i am from Qatar... funny how you could tell from this pic

mcq

Jun 5, 2011
thanks guys

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
You will find Sam is a man of many, many foundations of knowledge.....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think Tim and Ray have the best combos of cars.One of everything!Plus extra Ford Gts!

Infantryman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2011
Ohio
I have this same combo, with a Ford Raptor as a general utility/inclement weather vehicle, and I love them all. ...but am having the damnedest time figuring out what the next car should be. It's become a personal challenge (hobby) to find a relatively late-model car (FGTs count!) that's both nearly as thrilling and nearly as resistant to depreciation as the FGT (given reasonably limited driving)...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have this same combo, with a Ford Raptor as a general utility/inclement weather vehicle, and I love them all. ...but am having the damnedest time figuring out what the next car should be. It's become a personal challenge (hobby) to find a relatively late-model car (FGTs count!) that's both nearly as thrilling and nearly as resistant to depreciation as the FGT (given reasonably limited driving)...

Boss 302's Bought at MSRP?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The GT-R looks so much bigger than the GT. I too have been "checking out" a GT-R, but it won't be as depreciation proof as another GT.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami

How about 2010-2012 ZR1 ? I hear is an exellent beast. Easy to live with, etc...
Anybody here has one ? I like to hear opinions and comparos w/GT-R

Last edited:

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
How about 2010-2012 ZR1 ? I hear is an exellent beast. Easy to live with, etc...
Anybody here has one ? I like to hear opinions and comparos w/GT-R

I have driven the zr1. In my opinion the 2012 GTR will embarass the zr1 in a lot of areas, acceleration, cornering and traction. Its 20k to 30k cheaper as well. The GTR is a nissan (oh well) and either you like the way it looks or you don't, but as far as driving, track capabilities its an unbelievable car and there are very few cars that can touch it. You can also get them tuned up for a not a lot of money and have 600, 700 or 800hp and they will run faster than motorcycles. They are doing pretty good on depreciation as well, not like our gt's but much better than the ferrari's etc...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have driven the zr1. In my opinion the 2012 GTR will embarass the zr1 in a lot of areas, acceleration, cornering and traction. Its 20k to 30k cheaper as well. The GTR is a nissan (oh well) and either you like the way it looks or you don't, but as far as driving, track capabilities its an unbelievable car and there are very few cars that can touch it. You can also get them tuned up for a not a lot of money and have 600, 700 or 800hp and they will run faster than motorcycles. They are doing pretty good on depreciation as well, not like our gt's but much better than the ferrari's etc...

The 2012 ZR -1 just set a smoking fast last around the ring beating the time of the GTR by around 6 seconds and the Viper ACR by 3 seconds if I am not mistaken.

If I am not mistaken the New Boss 302 LS recently set a faster time than the GTR at Laguna SECA. With that said the GTR maybe be easier to drive faster for the average guy. I am not taking a shot at the GTR just reporting what's been written. The ZR-1 has been proven to easily beat the GTR in a drag race but having space for 4 people adds some appeal to the GTR is you have little ones.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
The 2012 ZR -1 just set a smoking fast last around the ring beating the time of the GTR by around 6 seconds and the Viper ACR by 3 seconds if I am not mistaken.

If I am not mistaken the New Boss 302 LS recently set a faster time than the GTR at Laguna SECA. With that said the GTR maybe be easier to drive faster for the average guy. I am not taking a shot at the GTR just reporting what's been written. The ZR-1 has been proven to easily beat the GTR in a drag race but having space for 4 people adds some appeal to the GTR is you have little ones.

Correct on everything. A couple of points though; I think the times that are published sometimes aren't able to be reproduced by the average guy which is what I am and most of the people are that drive on the street or even on the track as a hobby. I judge a car on how it is to drive for me and not some professional driver that is nearly impossible to reproduce. The 2012 gtr has a recorded and very easy to reproduce 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. There have been reports that people have done times less than that (see nagtroc.com) with stock cars using the launch mode etc. All of that considered and being said, even if the zr-1 is what they say it is, a 15k simple modification to the gtr (exhaust, tune etc..) which still would be less than the zr1's total cost would have the gtr way faster then the zr1 or viper. Check out you tube and watch some of the gtr videos.

In full disclosure I have owned a z06 and standard vette in the last 5 years and I do love the vettes, they are great amercian cars. They hold their value and they are well built and they are amercian made, but for my money I would buy the gtr before I bought the zr1.

H

HHGT

For me a car has to move me in 2 ways, Looks and Performance. If one is lacking there is no point. The GTR is like sleeping with an ugly woman put convincing yourself the sex is great. Now having said that, beauty is subjective and fortunately we can all agree the GT has both.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
For me a car has to move me in 2 ways, Looks and Performance. If one is lacking there is no point. The GTR is like sleeping with an ugly woman put convincing yourself the sex is great. Now having said that, beauty is subjective and fortunately we can all agree the GT has both.

I think the gt and the gtr are polar opposites which is why I like the combination!!!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I have the same combo. Love both cars. GT is my first and real true love though............. but the GTR is a bad bad car....

I too have the same combo. Blue, 2012 GTR and one of my GT's is white/blue stripe, another is midnight blue. I am taking the GTR to the track tomorrow for its first track day!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Look forward to hearing how the track day goes Tim!