Mustang Mach-E all electric SUV

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Big reveal tonight. 6 pm PST. Although pictures were unfortunately posted ahead of the reveal, this will be fun.

By attaching the Mustang moniker, Ford is fully committed to this EV. At first I had mixed feelings about using the storied Mustang nameplate on this SUV, but it makes sense for a variety of reasons.

While there are serious doubts about the environmental friendliness of battery powered vehicles, the market is obviously moving in the direction of EVs. The Mach-E should be a huge success for Ford.

This will be an interesting decade in the auto industry. The upcoming EV F-150 should revolutionize fleet sales.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
A Mustang SUV? And using MACH in the name? Sorry but that all sounds just a bit blasphemous to me... If Ford want / need to build it on a Mustang platform, more power to them for cost control and ingenuity. But call it an Explorer or Bronco... Or something else.

I would not be a buyer... I WOULD be a buyer of the Mustang Lithium shown at SEMA.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Joe,

Branding this electric SUV a Mustang gives it instant cachet with the non-enthusiast public. Porsche is doing just fine with the Cayenne. Mustang will be fine with the Mach-E.

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
This is about as bad as a Mustang II !

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well, Its called the new WORLD ORDER.....
For the rest of OUR lives if you want whatever will be left of the gasoline engine, 75% better be electric in the fleet or there wont be a car company.
Ive been preaching from 6 years ago.
I LOVE ELECTRIC CARS, The new I PACE is wonderful......ITS THE FUTURE......But its like buying a Model T right now.
In 4 years it will be a MODEL A , Then a V8 Ford and so on...….
Ford is so far behind the 8 ball that this will just be a blip to keep the WORLD ORDER at bay.
P.S Its going to be 60 to 85 grand as well......Ive seen it in person and the interior is BAD. lIKE VIDEO KID GAME bad.
Its a patch that wont work but will buy time, or until SOMEONE buys Ford.
Im dying with gasoline, WE are the last that will, but it is an exciting time IF you can understand its the future.
In my neighborhood every 3rd car is a tesla.
I test drove the Jag for two weeks in a study, It was great! but limited.
A new Porsche gt2 will never be made UNLESS 75% off all Porsche as electric within 36 months.
That's where its going and that's why ALL of our old cars are TANKING value wize , Millenials don't care and the mood is shifting.
Anyone want my flip phone? My father in laws DUMONT television, Its just change......
sadly Detroit wasn't listening...….At all.
Our classic cars will be like owning a polo pony today.....Only 85 years ago 85% of travel was by horse!
Same story only a car and for the rich.
I have Picassos in my garage, Astons/Jags and the Ford GT , Everything else will be government scrap in time.LEGALLY!
Its coming....
Drive on.
P.S. Our old friend Kip Ewing has a lot to do with the new technology that will make the new electric cars close in on 600 miles.
When that happens, there will be no more gasoline cars.
gtjoey1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

source.gif

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Take a drive past Detroit, its a different world out there.
Is that Hackett by the way with a beard...…:)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
An ugly-ass electric crossover called Mustang Mach that looks sorta like an over-inflated real Mustang? Disgusting, Given where the company seems to be heading, I think the “junk status” rating is being generous.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Where's the love people? Lol. I think it looks great for what it is. I can’t imagine anyone thinks Tesla’s equivalent is actually nicer looking inside and out?! I get the controversy of using the Mustang name but its about time someone from the Big 3 makes a vehicle to compete with a Tesla. Glad it is Ford!
D698C6DB-3E5B-494F-8D83-0262791E104D.jpeg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Most of us curmudgeons are old enough to be irrelevant to manufacturers when it comes to product planning. Keep up the bitching and moaning. Nobody is listening. 😂

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Well, Its called the new WORLD ORDER.....
For the rest of OUR lives if you want whatever will be left of the gasoline engine, 75% better be electric in the fleet or there wont be a car company.
Ive been preaching from 6 years ago.
I LOVE ELECTRIC CARS, The new I PACE is wonderful......ITS THE FUTURE......But its like buying a Model T right now.
In 4 years it will be a MODEL A , Then a V8 Ford and so on...….
Ford is so far behind the 8 ball that this will just be a blip to keep the WORLD ORDER at bay.
P.S Its going to be 60 to 85 grand as well......Ive seen it in person and the interior is BAD. lIKE VIDEO KID GAME bad.
Its a patch that wont work but will buy time, or until SOMEONE buys Ford.
Im dying with gasoline, WE are the last that will, but it is an exciting time IF you can understand its the future.
In my neighborhood every 3rd car is a tesla.
I test drove the Jag for two weeks in a study, It was great! but limited.
A new Porsche gt2 will never be made UNLESS 75% off all Porsche as electric within 36 months.
That's where its going and that's why ALL of our old cars are TANKING value wize , Millenials don't care and the mood is shifting.
Anyone want my flip phone? My father in laws DUMONT television, Its just change......
sadly Detroit wasn't listening...….At all.
Our classic cars will be like owning a polo pony today.....Only 85 years ago 85% of travel was by horse!
Same story only a car and for the rich.
I have Picassos in my garage, Astons/Jags and the Ford GT , Everything else will be government scrap in time.LEGALLY!
Its coming....
Drive on.
P.S. Our old friend Kip Ewing has a lot to do with the new technology that will make the new electric cars close in on 600 miles.
When that happens, there will be no more gasoline cars.
gtjoey1314
[/

1574120070627.gif

Reactions: Ed Sims and FGT899

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This is about as bad as a Mustang II !

Ouch. Lol

Hey, the much-maligned second gen Mustang sold well and kept the model alive. Ford would love to duplicate 1974 sales (380k plus) with this EV.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I'm a motorcycle guy. Predisposed to be a gas engine guy. But recently was exposed to a electric dirt bike. Alta is the brand which recently went bankrupt. My son who has a Harley store took this brand on before it folded. When that happened he had two that they hadn't billed him for. The buyer of the remains of the electric motorcycle company bought their receivables. My son purchased the two he had in inventory for pennies on the dollar. I'm a dirt bike racer from way back so i said why not buy one. Let me tell you it is an amazing off road motorcycle. It is the easiest to ride fast than anything I've ever ridden. So all i can say is don't underestimate the appeal of a electric powered vehicle.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
WOW I CANT EVENREADTHAT JIBBERISH! Nor try and focus on where you are really off base.

We have taken way way more reservations for this thing than anybody expected. It's coming. So are about 85 other variations from all the car companies in about the next 13 months.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Let's not give up on the millenials,
not just yet....

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

Sorry could not resist. Sounds as good today as when it was released.
Musical intro for post #15 :)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
is this next??
I have no issue with the vehicle, just the branding.
call it a Ford-e, Fairmont-e, Fairlane-e, just not a Mustang. jmo

Attachments

• ford gt e.jpg
    ford gt e.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 13

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I think Ford did a good job with it. Tesla gets the chance to strike back tonight.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Interesting video on the debate of Mustang or not

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
is this next??
I have no issue with the vehicle, just the branding.
call it a Ford-e, Fairmont-e, Fairlane-e, just not a Mustang. jmo
Or just Mach-E